EMS Special operations

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • EMS Special operations

      For future development purposes I am interested if you area uses any of the following types of vehicles.

      • Special operations such as rescue
      • EMS Chief units
      • Critical care units such as emergency doctors and advanced paramedics.
      Please feel free to let me know here and post pictures of your local units as it would really help with getting a good idea of a EMS specialist side that works for everyone.

      Would players be interested in seeing EMS missions with special vehicle requirements such as patients with an E code sometimes requiring critical care training or mass casualty incidents requiring EMS chiefs and EMS Equipment units?

      Please let me know.
    • Would like to see more EMS special units we, in the UK could twist to what we want.
      e.g.
      1. A patient transport ambulance. This could be a feature of the BLS, or a different unit. It will transport patients to and from hospital for non urgent medical care, driving at a normal speed.
      2. A mass casualty unit that treats multiple units at the scene, then passes them over to waiting ambulances( not transporting them to hospital), this could be a feature of the MCU we already have, or a different unit.
      3. Ambulance Bikes?
      4. More specialist units, like what we have in the UK as HART
      Thanks!

      EDIT:
      Could the possibility of being able to have critical care flycars at ambulance stations, AND HEMS stations be considered?
      Alliance Founder of 999 Emergency Response

      Covering Greater London missionchief.com/profile/11111

    • letsgohope12 wrote:

      I don’t think that there should be a critical care requirement, but I wouldn’t mind the EMS Chief requirement.
      Yeah Critical Care is the one that I think maybe harder to find. The speed up of patients may be the best option for it.

      KieranWood wrote:

      Would like to see more EMS special units we, in the UK could twist to what we want.
      e.g.
      1. A patient transport ambulance. This could be a feature of the BLS, or a different unit. It will transport patients to and from hospital for non urgent medical care, driving at a normal speed.
      2. A mass casualty unit that treats multiple units at the scene, then passes them over to waiting ambulances( not transporting them to hospital), this could be a feature of the MCU we already have, or a different unit.
      3. Ambulance Bikes?
      4. More specialist units, like what we have in the UK as HART
      Thanks!

      EDIT:
      Could the possibility of being able to have critical care flycars at ambulance stations, AND HEMS stations be considered?
      Some good suggestions. Critical care flycars will be at HEMS and ambulance stations. Patient transport missions are planned.
    • I have 5 images below of a Rescue Squad in my county which I believe is one of two EMS Stations in my county that still has a Heavy Rescue truck. Most Heavy Rescues here are FD.

      1. Rescue 4399 is a Heavy Rescue truck and basically does what FD Heavy Rescues do. Again I believe there's only two left for Rescue Squads in my county.

      2. Utility 4393 is actually a BLS single transport Ambulance. They use it for other means but when needed are able to transport a single patient in the back cab of the truck which is the only one in my county like it.

      3. Command 4395 is their Command Unit.

      4. MC 43 is a Mass Casualty Trailer hauled by Utility 4393

      5. This unit is a Virtua Paramedic unit with some equipment and is basically a Rapid Response Unit. Idk if this would be considered a Fly-Car but these are becoming more common now than the older Paramedic Units which are Ford Expeditions.

      6. Marine Unit 439 (Boat Trailer) hauled by Utility 4393.

      (Edited: To find picture of another unit to add)
      Images
      • 1ff34dc2b7fae466b544a82a039bf654.jpg

        181.93 kB, 900×598, viewed 27 times
      • 025e09c9429f6bda0d15ced35d962c88.jpg

        161.35 kB, 900×598, viewed 26 times
      • f016f25df05b5b1bc2b8ec0f72d5120c.jpg

        116.86 kB, 900×675, viewed 27 times
      • f046b60ddd9950a7fb55d24968b9a53c.jpg

        171.85 kB, 900×598, viewed 24 times
      • VIRTUA3-General-Side-View.jpg

        532.74 kB, 1,200×900, viewed 22 times
      • Screenshot_2019-01-15-10-47-10.png

        682.7 kB, 720×1,280, viewed 24 times
    • Loving everything above, I do rather prefer the idea of sticking with the original three points only, they allow us to have something signifcant to dig our teeth into while being flexible to changes that may want/have to be made later on. I do agree with letsgohope12, that critical care, should not be a requirement, but something that can be used to add a little more to the game.
    • The Italian EMS system does not have EMS chief units, in large emergencies the doctor of flycar(critical care unit) take the command of the EMS operations. Whe have two special operation units, the CNSAS (Corpo Nazionale Soccorso Alpino e Speleologico) and the Italian Red Cross SMTS (Soccorso Mezzi e Tecniche Speciali), the CNSAS deal generally with rescue in mountain environments and caves, the SMTS are generally called for missing person rescue
      Images
      • soccorso-alpino-2.jpg

        455.74 kB, 2,048×1,536, viewed 23 times
      • Immagine-SMTS.jpeg

        290.82 kB, 800×600, viewed 20 times
    • The images I have below are some of the typical units around here on the EMS side:

      1. An EMS Supervisor is an EMS Chief, basically the Battalion Chief but for EMS. Right now I have them as fly-cars in game as there isn't really another way to portray them in game.

      2. Some of the neighboring counties have "Rescue Squads" which are like FD Heavy Rescues but are staffed at those stations. Basically they deal with the same stuff a Rescue Co. would deal with on the east coast.
      Images
      • EMSSUPERVISOR.jpg

        563.48 kB, 2,048×1,606, viewed 35 times
      • 615RESCUESQUAD.jpg

        49.71 kB, 400×267, viewed 21 times
      Co-Admin of DC Metro Area Fire/Rescue

      Message me for more info!
    • Heres mine.
      Also showing the HEMS helicopter doing a rescue.
      There is only a slight difference between the rescue and command vehicles. The rescue unit contains ropes and safety helmets etc and the command has extra resources like medications.
      (our police also uses the mac helicopter - we have 3)
      Images
      • download (1).jpg

        13 kB, 275×183, viewed 251 times
      • CtWx1-kVYAEGrxx.jpg

        319.23 kB, 1,200×1,200, viewed 26 times
      • download.jpg

        14.64 kB, 275×183, viewed 251 times
      • MAC_rescue_B412.jpg

        67.36 kB, 750×420, viewed 20 times
    • I think EMS supervisors as a special training for fly cars to allow them to respond to incidents requiring multiple EMS units would be fantastic. I think that having Critical Care isn't a bad idea but I think they should be planned transport missions and not something that is an emergency response to a scene (HEMS fills that function). Stroke Units are becoming a thing... so that's an option... though again I don't think that should be a requirement maybe just a higher pay out for the mission.
      Stephen, Paramedic, Advanced EMD
      Assistant Chief (Co-Founder) of Worldwide Dispatch Community
    • Not sure if this was what VBMedic was saying, but there should be missions where a patient is taken from one hospital to another (most likely from a rural hospital to a world-class hospital (Rural hospital poi?)) either by ambulance for short, non-urgent cases and by HEMS for long or urgent cases.

      Also, something I wanted to add was that out critical care units are called intensive care paramedics and are basically (mainly single, but some have two people) responders with extra high-dose medication like ketamine etc. They could help ems be faster or may be required for certain missions. They also cannot transport patients. They look pretty much the exact same as the commander and rescue operations vehicles.
      Images
      • images.jpeg

        13.9 kB, 300×225, viewed 20 times

      The post was edited 3 times, last by JebbyJnr ().

    • JebbyJnr wrote:

      Not sure if this was what VBMedic was saying, but there should be missions where a patient is taken from one hospital to another (most likely from a rural hospital to a world-class hospital (Rural hospital poi?)) either by ambulance for short, non-urgent cases and by HEMS for long or urgent cases.
      Maybe a timed mission setting aside an ambulance for about 2 hours on Patient transfers - again at a Hospital POI?
      The easiest way, I suspect, to replicate those.
    • me181 wrote:

      JebbyJnr wrote:

      Not sure if this was what VBMedic was saying, but there should be missions where a patient is taken from one hospital to another (most likely from a rural hospital to a world-class hospital (Rural hospital poi?)) either by ambulance for short, non-urgent cases and by HEMS for long or urgent cases.
      Maybe a timed mission setting aside an ambulance for about 2 hours on Patient transfers - again at a Hospital POI?The easiest way, I suspect, to replicate those.
      I don't really think it needs to be two hours. Maybe 10-15 minutes at the first hospital, then it could code 6 it too the next hospital and take the same time it would to drive lights and sirens. So it takes the same time as it would to drive. (And another 10-15 at the next hospital)

      Another aspect of transfers could require police motorbikes to escort the ambulance. This however may require a timed mission (probably quite hard to code). It would give another use to motorbikes
    • JebbyJnr wrote:

      me181 wrote:

      JebbyJnr wrote:

      Not sure if this was what VBMedic was saying, but there should be missions where a patient is taken from one hospital to another (most likely from a rural hospital to a world-class hospital (Rural hospital poi?)) either by ambulance for short, non-urgent cases and by HEMS for long or urgent cases.
      Maybe a timed mission setting aside an ambulance for about 2 hours on Patient transfers - again at a Hospital POI?The easiest way, I suspect, to replicate those.
      I don't really think it needs to be two hours. Maybe 10-15 minutes at the first hospital, then it could code 6 it too the next hospital and take the same time it would to drive lights and sirens. So it takes the same time as it would to drive. (And another 10-15 at the next hospital)
      Another aspect of transfers could require police motorbikes to escort the ambulance. This however may require a timed mission (probably quite hard to code). It would give another use to motorbikes
      Yeah, I suspect that's not only going to be one of many ideas of how to implement. Judging by what hasn't been successful before, I don't think this would be implementable, doesn't mean I don't support it though.
    • Patient transfer missions for BLS ambulances are coming soon along with something that will make the EMS side more accessible to new player but I don’t want to comment on that at the moment.

      JebbyJnr wrote:

      Not sure if this was what VBMedic was saying, but there should be missions where a patient is taken from one hospital to another (most likely from a rural hospital to a world-class hospital (Rural hospital poi?)) either by ambulance for short, non-urgent cases and by HEMS for long or urgent cases.

      Also, something I wanted to add was that out critical care units are called intensive care paramedics and are basically (mainly single, but some have two people) responders with extra high-dose medication like ketamine etc. They could help ems be faster or may be required for certain missions. They also cannot transport patients. They look pretty much the exact same as the commander and rescue operations vehicles.
      I know what critical care paramedics do and the name varies from place to place. What I was after though is to find out if these units are common and if that isn’t the case then they wouldn’t be a requirement however they will still be added. Judging by the feedback they wouldn’t be worth adding as a requirement due to them not being widely used everywhere however they could have additional bonuses in game.