Patient deaths

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Patient deaths

      New

      So, about 5 hours ago, a thread was made relating to patient deaths. This thread is now closed, however, I wanted to add my little suggestion. I suggest that there's a little thing, that maybe pops up in the radio communications section, that notifies you if a patient died. This happens in real life as the dispatchers receive info on this, and they have to know that they need to stay strong etc.

      This would just add more realism and ik a lot of us Aussie's want this.

      Perhaps the way it could work, is based on the severity of the patient (A,B,C,D or E) and the amount of time from when the mission is generated, to when treatment starts could raise/lower the percentage of a person becoming deceased.

      Idk what y'all think, but that's just my five cents.

      Thank you! :) :)
    • New

      The only problem with this is the fact of a patients death. Yes it adds in realism as it happens in real life but remember this is a game and kids play this and the last thing we want is parents keeping their kids from playing because we have deceased patients in here. Not knocking this down as it is an idea of yours but this is my view on this.

      I'd like to hear others opinions though.
    • New

      I'll post part of what I said on the previous thread. If you want to read the whole thing then feel free. Patient Deaths + Resuscitation

      "Those who play by stacking up calls, or who have calls spawn when they are offline would have a significant number of dead patients just because they play in a different way to perhaps someone else who wants the full "realistic" experience. This is a game we're talking about remember so not everything needs to be super realistic or complicated."
    • New

      rescuenut93 wrote:

      The only problem with this is the fact of a patients death. Yes it adds in realism as it happens in real life but remember this is a game and kids play this and the last thing we want is parents keeping their kids from playing because we have deceased patients in here. Not knocking this down as it is an idea of yours but this is my view on this.

      I'd like to hear others opinions though.
      Don't really think thats relevant though is it? You have calls such as stabbings, mental health crisis' - with attached medical grades, which I personally wouldn't say is kid friendly.
    • New

      Mark_ wrote:

      rescuenut93 wrote:

      The only problem with this is the fact of a patients death. Yes it adds in realism as it happens in real life but remember this is a game and kids play this and the last thing we want is parents keeping their kids from playing because we have deceased patients in here. Not knocking this down as it is an idea of yours but this is my view on this.

      I'd like to hear others opinions though.
      Don't really think thats relevant though is it? You have calls such as stabbings, mental health crisis' - with attached medical grades, which I personally wouldn't say is kid friendly.
      I get where you're coming from but that doesn't necessarily say death in it though and those calls also don't necessarily have to have a deceased patient. Stabbings could mean anything like in the leg or arm as well as mental health crisis.

      My main point involving deceased patients is that it wouldn't really give a good add on to this game. Realism needs to be added but to a point.
    • New

      I would personally like to see deaths become a feature. Suggested above as an 'optional feature' is the way to go, however.

      The way to determine the chance of patients passing away would be the time it takes the ems unit to arrive on scene, from the moment it is dispatched I think :thumbup: That eliminates any issues with people having missions spawn overnight etc, and who then come on and find 40 deceased people... Ultimately, I don't believe the optional inclusion of deaths would have any lasting negative effects.
    • New

      wings203 wrote:

      I would personally like to see deaths become a feature. Suggested above as an 'optional feature' is the way to go, however.

      The way to determine the chance of patients passing away would be the time it takes the ems unit to arrive on scene, from the moment it is dispatched I think :thumbup: That eliminates any issues with people having missions spawn overnight etc, and who then come on and find 40 deceased people... Ultimately, I don't believe the optional inclusion of deaths would have any lasting negative effects.
      TBH, I still don't fine the that the best solution here considering there are some serious questions around the use of the term death.

      A point award system that rewards the quicker response and transport times would be much better without the requirement for patients to die.
    • New

      I've not heard of one person below the age of 13 playing this, and I believe that people that age (and probably even 11) are mature enough to get it. Still, if this was default-ly set to be disabled, and is togglable, that would be amazing. I like what wings said about it being time between dispatched and arriving. Maybe the severity could also alter the outcome.

      Perhaps if we could get @TACRfan's opinion?

      Thank you! :) :)
    • New

      As mentioned above. Sebastian does not want to see death in the game. You might get patient codes that say the patient is unresponsive but I think that is as far as it is going to go. I get what everyone is saying about the age thing but that is only part of it. Any call actively saying there is death probably won’t happen.

      I also agree with Vic that a lot of players will let calls generate and come back to them and clear them a few hours later. If I have to do more actions it’s going to slow down the process even more so, especially when talking hundreds of casualties. If you also get payed less as you didn’t respond quick enough then I would also end up getting a lot less credits. Players with large ambulance set ups often end up with patient treatment and transports generating them the most income so it would be bad for that.