• the call volume for types of calls the game has is horrible.

lets look at real life,

Fire/EMS:
    70-80% of the calls are EMS calls in real life.
    Building collapses dont happen over 10 times a day.... right when i set mission speed to fast, its basically a bunch of building collapses, MVA, or high rise fire.
    we should not be getting these as much as we dont.
    a majority of the calls should be the little fires, gas leaks, and normal structure fires like the basement fire, roof fire, etc.

i should be able to put the speed on fast and only get a high rise fire or building collapes once every 7-10 minuetes.

and for those with police.
    80% of the calls are little things in real life like noise complaint, domestic dispute, etc.

I shouldnt be getting as much officer down calls as i do. seriously, its like my little town is all of Chicago.
    those should be rare also. one every 10 mins if speed is on fast.

and the Active shooter calls. really. its like im in Syria.
    those should only be every 10-20 minuetes if games on fast mode.

tone done the frequency of the "big calls" make the more realisticaly common ones occure more

• Maybe the game could have call volume sliders which if are all on ten the game plays just the same as it does now but you can slide the bar down from 10 - a minimum of 2 for each Service.

Example

Currently the sliders would be

Fire: 10
    EMS: 10
    Police: 10

If you wanted mainly medical calls you could do

Fire: 3
    EMS: 8
    Police: 3

Or this can change depending on your preferences of play style as some people want full realism, some want mostly realistic with added benefits as it's a game and some want fully unrealistic and this would be a good compromise.

• It's not a simulation - it's a build up game. Therefore it's never going to be as in real life.
    I do understand the problem, but i just got used to it, since there is no way around it.

You could also ignore that call - maybe i'll do a function where you are able to ignore calls.
    It would simply remove it form your view after 48h that call would be gone (but your max calls would be -1 or the amount of ignored calls).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!