fire engine delayed start at night

• Hey,

So i think it would be nice if we could set the Delay for fire engine to be active between XX and XX, or maybe just a Toggle for nighttime volunteers and have set times to 06-18.

Our small fire station have a crewed station during the day but the volunteers take over at night, so having option for the engines to have a delay at nighttime would be awesome.

• This option is available. In the vehicle menu you can set a delay time (in seconds) and an out of service time if you so desire.

Well, as i see it the in and out of service currently in there puts the vehicle code 6 and not available at all for calls?!.

what i would suggest is an option to have "volunteers" manning the vehicles when they are out of service.
    so daytime (In service = no delay), Nighttime (out of service = delay but still responds to calls).

• there is hours of operations which u can use there is however no delay so the only thing u can do to delay them is to not make them a part of the alarm system

• Interesting idea.

What you're asking for does exist, but not in a way they can work combined. You can delay a unit's response time, but this is 24/7. You can pick to make a unit unavailable between a certain times but that doesn't allow it to be deployed at all.

Will bare in mind as I can see your point where you have the station staffed day shifts, but then at night when call demand is reduced it works on a call out system.

• They are known as retained station for example the main fire station runs 2 appliances 1 rescue engine(rescue pumper here) then they have a type 1 brush appliance(1 is the largest here) but the station only has enough staff for 1 appliance so the crew that's on takes the most relevant appliance(brush to a brush call rescue engine to a rescue engine call) then if the other truck is need another shift is called in to man the appliance.
    When you look in real life this is probably the best way to cut cost without cutting response times it gives maximum safety with minimal cost.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!