• That's actually wrong I know of a department in the county next to mine that has two ambulances and they are both ALS units their department requires that every member of their Ambo's are EMT-Paramedic. It just depends on what training the crew onboard has. My department's Ambo's are both BLS (Basic Life Support) and ALS (Advanced Life Support) units my department runs with three ambulances two are used in service and one is a spare my department it is ran with a combination of EMT-Paramedic and one EMT-Basic or both onboard is EMT-Paramedic. BLS (Basic Life Support) means that you are only EMT-Basic, ALS (Advanced Life Support) means you are EMT-Intermediate, or EMT-Paramedic.

• Here in Australia all ambulance services have almost the same training we have what you classify as a als then we have what's called patient transport which are slightly better trained nurses that are used for transport from hospital to hospital(patient transport vehicles have no lights or sirens if a urgent transport is needed they use a normal ambulance)

• That's actually wrong I know of a department in the county next to mine that has two ambulances and they are both ALS units their department requires that every member of their Ambo's are EMT-Paramedic. It just depends on what training the crew onboard has. My department's Ambo's are both BLS (Basic Life Support) and ALS (Advanced Life Support) units my department runs with three ambulances two are used in service and one is a spare my department it is ran with a combination of EMT-Paramedic and one EMT-Basic or both onboard is EMT-Paramedic. BLS (Basic Life Support) means that you are only EMT-Basic, ALS (Advanced Life Support) means you are EMT-Intermediate, or EMT-Paramedic.

Actually he is partly correct. BLS units aren't legally able to carry equipment Paramedics use UNLESS they are licensed to be either BLS or ALS on a specific day they may have a different crew. so in your case when you say that they could run either BLS or ALS units that is a licensing difference. but what he was saying was that bls trucks sometimes don't have the equipment an als truck does, which is also true. FOr example my department has two ALS trucks and one BLS truck. The BLS truck can be upgraded to an ALS truck in certain instances, so it DOES have the extra equipment except for the drugs, which can be added to the truck in the case we do have a truck in the shop or someting really is bad happening and we have the paramedic that can run it as ALS. SO yes you are correct but so is he.

• No because he was saying that Ambulances are BLS units not ALS units which is completely wrong. He wasn't saying anything about a truck he was talking about ambulances not a BLS truck or Engine, if he was then that's a whole different thing. An ambulance will always be an ALS equiped vehicle no matter what crew is on it, if it can transport then it's an ALS unit plain and simple. Don't try to argue with me or try to explain for some reason that you think that I'm wrong because buddy I'm a Paramedic myself I know this.

• If you look Australian and British service are similar but personally i think Australian(specifically NSW) services are slightly better
    All police have fire arms(pistols) a problem which is becoming a problem in U.K.
    And our police and ambulance special rescues are more extensively used more than you hart teams

The only thing you do better is probably the clear communication between the military and emergency services it almost nonexistent here military is only used in floods or cyclones.

• maybe for the UK side of things a BLS ambo could be the likes of st johns ambulance , British red cross etc . Im sure you have volunteer EMS organisations in America or even private EMS company's who are contacted to assist with dealing with 911 calls ( also a UK thin due to main services are stretched with 999 calls so have to rely on vol or private companies to assist them on shifts ).

kieron :)

• No because he was saying that Ambulances are BLS units not ALS units which is completely wrong. He wasn't saying anything about a truck he was talking about ambulances not a BLS truck or Engine, if he was then that's a whole different thing. An ambulance will always be an ALS equiped vehicle no matter what crew is on it, if it can transport then it's an ALS unit plain and simple. Don't try to argue with me or try to explain for some reason that you think that I'm wrong because buddy I'm a Paramedic myself I know this.

you saying an ambulance will always be an ALS equipped vehicle shows you think you know how every department in the US or even in the world work the same when they don't. I gave you details about how my department does have a BLS equipped amublance AND ALS equipped ambulances. Just because you work in EMS doesn't make you a know it all of every department in the world. Just cause it transports does not make it ALS. We do BLS transports all the time. I also work in EMS. Thanks "buddy." lol Not trying to start a war but it kind of is stupid thinking that every department is the same in an ALS regard when they are not. There are departments all over the place that ONLY run BLS so they don't even have ALS supplies which is where intercepts come in, which would also potentially be a cool addon for this game.

• In the us if it can transport it's an ALS unit if you are talking about a truck company or engine company giving medical treatment then it's a BLS unit. I didn't go to school for 18 months to be told by some guy on the internet that everything I learned was wrong. The reason why it's not an ALS unit depends on the crews training onboard it if you are an EMT-Basic you are only running BLS if you are EMT-Intermediate or EMT-Paramedic you are running ALS because you are ALS trained. An ambulance in the US will always be ALS equiped no matter what.

• in the UK we also have the Enviomental Unit and some counties have a foam unit, USAR units, Rope rescue units, (inshore boat rescue units) not sure which counties have these now. maybe these could be looked in to. thanks

UPDATED

this is a list of unit types within the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (as quoted by wikipedia)

Fire:

• Water Ladder (WrL): P1 / P2
    • Light 6x6 Pump (L6P): M1
    • Hydraulic Platform (HPV): A1
    • Water Incident Unit (WIU): B2
    • Incident Command Unit (ICU): C1
    • Command Support Unit (CSU): C2
    • Fire Investigation Unit (FIU): F1
    • Bulk Foam Unit (BFU): S2
    • Salvation Army Catering Unit (SACU): S4
    • Breathing Apparatus Support Unit (BASU): C3
    • Prime Mover (PM): T6 / T7

pods:

• Environmental Protection Unit (EPU)
    • High Volume Pump (HVP)
    • High Volume Hose Layer (HVHL)

• Hose Laying Lorry & Hose Retrieval Unit (HLL): W2

Technical Response Unit (TRU):

• Technical Response Pump (TRP): R2
    • Enhanced Rescue Unit (ERU): R7
    • Urban Search and Rescue Unit (USAR): R8
    • Search and Rescue Dog Unit (SDU): R9

CBRN Response:

• Detection, Identification and Monitoring Unit (DIM): H8
    • Incident Response Unit (IRU): H9
    • Prime Mover + Mass Decontamination Disrobe (PM+MDD): T9

link:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…r_Fire_and_Rescue_Service

i am aware some other Fire and Rescue Services within the UK may have other units.

also the ambulance service have the HART teams

link:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazardous_Area_Response_Team

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!