Road Closures

• I think it would be neat if we could make roads on the map blocked off from the units to travel on (unless in an emergency on that road). This would allow for more realism in game. Not too sure how this could be approached since Im not familiar with open street maps...

"Can someone slap me across the face right now for being in the fire service for almost 4 years and not knowing how fire alarms work in the game till now? PLEASE?" ~Stupid Me 5/2/17

• What is the reason you don't want a vehicle to travel down it?

Is it because the road a unit travels on wouldn't normally accept traffic down it or more of a roleplaying/game purpose?

Mostly for role playing/realism. Also if by chance there happens to be a road that doesnt even exist (either entirely or in part) on OSM then you can mark it as closed.

"Can someone slap me across the face right now for being in the fire service for almost 4 years and not knowing how fire alarms work in the game till now? PLEASE?" ~Stupid Me 5/2/17

• Okay. I was going to say if the road shouldn't be driven down, you can edit OSM to reflect that and the game will take that on board after 24 hours.

The part I don't understand about closing roads is that there wouldn't be any huge benefit for it but otherwise a lot of work, I believe, to get it working.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!