SWAT and police helicopters

• Hi, in all missions that require SWAT (bank robbery, drug warrants) you need to call a SWAT unit that will be deployed in a lot of time, because it's a normal truck/SUV. In the reality, often SWAT is sent on scene by helicopter, so that they can rappel near the target or the building and respond quickly. It would be really nice to have SWAT inside helicopters that could replace ground units, like in many countries in the world.

• Hi, in all missions that require SWAT (bank robbery, drug warrants) you need to call a SWAT unit that will be deployed in a lot of time, because it's a normal truck/SUV. In the reality, often SWAT is sent on scene by helicopter, so that they can rappel near the target or the building and respond quickly. It would be really nice to have SWAT inside helicopters that could replace ground units, like in many countries in the world.

Maybe make police helicopters capable of transporting SWAT personell, if no own helicopter is available ?

Sincerely,
    Chief A
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwegian Emergency Services - Norway's largest MissionChief Alliance
    Co-Admin

• while I do like the idea, in reality, insertion by helicopter is rarely used. In a SWAT incident in my hometown yesterday Fort Worth came to assist my cities SWAT and PD. They arrived by using their SUVs.
    And I don't know how that would be complimented in game since there seems to be no system to transport units in vehicles other than their own.

• We could look into the possibility of a SWAT Helicopter which performs the duties of both SWAT and a Police Helicopter. but that won't be anytime soon and would be a reward unit with a rank requirement.

• This seems like a rather complicated addition, and like aether said, probably won't be any time soon. In the meantime, you could just name a regular police helicopter "SWAT Helicopter" and send the people at that station to SWAT training, then dispatch it to whatever calls you'd like.

• This seems like a rather complicated addition, and like aether said, probably won't be any time soon. In the meantime, you could just name a regular police helicopter "SWAT Helicopter" and send the people at that station to SWAT training, then dispatch it to whatever calls you'd like.

Yes but police helicopter can carry only the pilot and SWAT related missions can't be complete without an entire SWAT unit. That's the reason of the post

• Yes but police helicopter can carry only the pilot and SWAT related missions can't be complete without an entire SWAT unit. That's the reason of the post

That's true. But we've already said that if this update happens, it won't be soon. There are literally hundreds of updates that players want to see. Some of them are really good. Others can wait. This is one of the ones that can wait, so I've given you something that might be helpful to you. Besides, I can't think there would ever be a situation where SWAT is deploying from a helicopter and they don't have ground assets already there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!