Utility, Heavy Rescue, Rescue Engine

• Utility and Heavy Rescue perform the same role currently.

Rescue Engine is also identical, but as you said the ability to take up 1x fire engine role at an incident.

Jason,

i have noticed that when i sent a Utility and a Heavy Resuce , the mission still asks for a Heavy Rescue, could there be a issue around that, beacuse once i have sent another H/R the mission will clear.

I couldnt tell you which mission directly but it was vairous h/r required missions.

(side note i have now since deleted the utility unit so i can no longer test)

Regards

Stuart

• Odd. When a mission requires 2 Heavy Rescue I often send one of each of a Heavy Rescue Vehicle and Utility Vehicle and never had an issue.

When I get a single HR requirement I'll try deploying both to see if there is any conflict.

• You can't use a Utility vehicle for a Heavy Rescue Call, however you can use 2 Heavy Rescues on a call requiring 2 HR's. If you don't see it, refresh your page. I can't test the Rescue Engine yet, I don't have it

• You can use a utility vehicle to cover a heavy rescue slot on a call. Both vehicles (the other being a heavy rescue) do the exact same thing currently.

I have about 25 Utility Vehicles and 2 Heavy Rescue (up until the Rescue Engine come out) as 80% of my fleet of pump engines had rescue capability (thus were Rescue Engines). There was only 2 heavy rescue units based at HQ. So I could cover HR requirements I use Utility Vehicles and have done as far back as I can remember. Now it's not too bad with Rescue Engine but I still use Utilities.

The other vehicle that covers a role you may not realise is the Mobile Command Unit also covers a Battalion Chief role too, so if there is a requirement of one of each on a mission, you don't need to send a Battalion Chief separately.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!