EMS improvements

• 3 of my ideas get brought up often so I will say them quickly. We need a mass casualty unit, a BLS/ALS ambulance option, and also the ability of some injuries on scene that don't need transport and therefor don't need an ambulance on scene(i.e. for a nosebleed, having an ems car or fire engine respond if no medics are available and they can clear call themselves). The idea I more feel like that needs to be implicated is the knowing of how many injuries before a single unit is on scene. I think for things such as plane accidents or huge fires, the injuries can only be seen when you actually have a unit on scene. That way ems dispatching is more realistic. Like when I get the accident at the airport, I really don't want to know there is 22 injuries before any unit is on scene, it takes some of the tactics out of the game. There are some calls that already have the no injury shown until a certain time, for example alcohol intoxication, you don't see that the guy needs an ambulance till after police are already on scene. I think this idea will make the game more enjoyable to a lot of people who want ultimate realism and therefore a better playing experience.

• About the patients, I like it in some ways. It is very true that a 911 (999, 112, etc) caller would not know that there are 22 people aboard an aircraft that crashed, but it is true that someone calling in a house fire would know that there are 2 people injured. It should be implemented in only the large calls. Currently I only see new patients when a call upgrades. It would be good if it happened regardless of if the call upgrades.

• And yeah but usually no matter what, dispatch would only dispatch out an x amount of preset medics to a call unless requested more so. they don't send out 10 medics if there is 10 injuries cause some of those injuries don't need to be transported(which thankfully DOES happen in the game with a medic unit on scene). But like yes the bigger calls definitely need this aspect in it to make it more fun to me at least. And I mean sometimes a fire unit shows up at a call and no people might of gotten out so primaries have to be done, so they may still not know the amount of injuries inside until they figure that all out. So its just a thought that I hope gets implemented on most calls cause most of the time a first responder does not know the exact number, just that they need to be ready for the biggest fires and the biggest amount of casualties. Can't expect the unexpected.

About the patients, I like it in some ways. It is very true that a 911 (999, 112, etc) caller would not know that there are 22 people aboard an aircraft that crashed, but it is true that someone calling in a house fire would know that there are 2 people injured. It should be implemented in only the large calls. Currently I only see new patients when a call upgrades. It would be good if it happened regardless of if the call upgrades.

• 3 of my ideas get brought up often so I will say them quickly. We need a mass casualty unit, a BLS/ALS ambulance option, and also the ability of some injuries on scene that don't need transport and therefor don't need an ambulance on scene(i.e. for a nosebleed, having an ems car or fire engine respond if no medics are available and they can clear call themselves). The idea I more feel like that needs to be implicated is the knowing of how many injuries before a single unit is on scene. I think for things such as plane accidents or huge fires, the injuries can only be seen when you actually have a unit on scene. That way ems dispatching is more realistic. Like when I get the accident at the airport, I really don't want to know there is 22 injuries before any unit is on scene, it takes some of the tactics out of the game. There are some calls that already have the no injury shown until a certain time, for example alcohol intoxication, you don't see that the guy needs an ambulance till after police are already on scene. I think this idea will make the game more enjoyable to a lot of people who want ultimate realism and therefore a better playing experience.

I've been trying to say this for idk how long, another thing is, most ambulances can transport 2 people as well

• I've been trying to say this for idk how long, another thing is, most ambulances can transport 2 people as well

..... That is true to a point.... the thing is in a lot of places its illegal to do so unless in a Mass Casualty type of incident where there are not enough resources... but as far as a small accident scene most cities would prefer only one casualty per ambulance most places you go. There is always room for more people but as far as the legality of it most states completely discourage this take on ems.

• aswell as the EMS you say, why not have a Advance Paramedic/Doctor Unit , what could clear some causualtys at scene(~Example--Nosebleed, Asthama) a training course could be implemented for them(but wouldnt no what building to use as only police and fire have training schools)

• aswell as the EMS you say, why not have a Advance Paramedic/Doctor Unit , what could clear some causualtys at scene(~Example--Nosebleed, Asthama) a training course could be implemented for them(but wouldnt no what building to use as only police and fire have training schools)

People have brought this up many many times. The fly car is essentially an advance unit and people have already asked for it to be able to clear basic calls.

• People have brought this up many many times. The fly car is essentially an advance unit and people have already asked for it to be able to clear basic calls.

i know what it does and i know it has been brought up before thanks., also i never mentioned the fly-car either as i no this helps bringing treatment times down. all i said was to make a advance paramedic/doctor unit with a medical course for say Advanced Treatment so that they can treat at scene.

• Basically it's like swap the fly car out with a doctor unit or something, or something that can actually clear calls, I've sent my fly car on every ambulance call with a specific unit (when it's more than 10 minutes out) and it has yet to clear a call, it always has required a transport...

• The fly car is designed to complete 90% of a call. Here in the US there are no real "Doctor cars" (at least they're not commonplace)

do you happen to know if a trauma team from a hospital responds to certain calls in the back of an ambulance? So it places a doctor(s) nurses on scene to help triage paitents?

We have doctor cars what respond as well as HEMS.(some have on-board doctors)

• To cover in brief to what the thread mentions;

- Mass Casualty; Sebastian is not interested in this idea in essence it can make the game too easy. You have a big incident going on that puts a challenge on your resources. This is what the game is all about, the challenge at managing your resources. If you can send a unit that can deal with the majority of patients in one click.. is that really fun? Where is the challenge in that?

- Advanced Paramedic/Doctor Cars/Fly Cars to Complete Calls - In essence I can see everyone's point. At the moment an Ambulance can complete a call and then it's a certain % chance it requires transport. Certain calls have a low chance (so more often is treated at scene only), others are 100% chance thus will always go to hospital. A Fly car will treat to a certain amount on all incidents, but the decision to transport isn't made until the treatment is fully complete (which only happens when an ambulance finishes the call). We've brought it up when the fly car originally came out with Sebastian if a fly car can treat 100% and then if transport required, it will require an ambulance however I can't recall his comment. Obviously it wasn't a yes. I imagine this is what everyone wants to see. Low injury incidents being attended by fly cars only, and an ambulance only being required if transport is required.

• I kinda disagree on the mass casualty, it would make things more challenging if it became a requirement and you upped the amount of victims or required a air evac or featured different types of injuries it would become challenging and more realistic as well. Like limit the amount of ambus' you can get, like one for every x amount of stations and stuff

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!