Minimum Officers Needed for SWAT

• Hello,

I would just like to mention that if the min number of SWAT officers was lowered it would cater for other countries much better. Like many other people on the site I am from the UK, specifically the West Midlands. West Midlands Police only have 2 officers per ARV. I also know that the MET have 2-4 in there armed patrols too.

I just feel such a simple thing would benefit so many.

Thank you for reading,
    IUsed2HavAWii89.

• We recognize that many places have different set-ups for SWAT units. I know there's plenty of places in the States that have SWAT officers normally on patrol and responding to callouts as needed. However, the SWAT vehicle implemented in game is modeled after armored trucks (think Lenco or MRAP's), and we've tried to create the missions to fit that model as well. With that said, we will not be lowering the staffing requirement for the SWAT unit.

We are looking at other ways to address this.

• This has been brought up before by myself when the SWAT units where first added but I doubt it will be chnaged even though we proved that US States sometimes do have SWAT in crews of 2 or 4

As stated above the current SWAT unit is to replicate a Bearcat, as also stated we are looking at other ways to address this.

• As stated above the current SWAT unit is to replicate a Bearcat, as also stated we are looking at other ways to address this.

But why does it take so long. I don't want to judge but SWAT came out a good few months ago and within a week or too it was asked if it could be lowered and it wasn't. All you keep saying in posts is we will get it added or we will look into it but this never happens or if it does it's in about a month. Personally i don't hold my breath when it comes to getting updates because they aren't what we ask for "Cough... Patient Transport, Mass Cass...Cough" yet its so easy to do especially patient transports.

• But why does it take so long. I don't want to judge but SWAT came out a good few months ago and within a week or too it was asked if it could be lowered and it wasn't. All you keep saying in posts is we will get it added or we will look into it but this never happens or if it does it's in about a month. Personally i don't hold my breath when it comes to getting updates because they aren't what we ask for "Cough... Patient Transport, Mass Cass...Cough" yet its so easy to do especially patient transports.

There is no arguing that large updates are not as quick as other games however for a game with a sole developer who also works on two other games the update progress is not bad, this game gets at least 1 update a week, the developer could do monthly updates with more content but then people would complain about the lack of updates. For a free to play game at least 1 update a week is pretty good going. I am also not sure if the developer has another job or not. That is my opinion and I am not just saying this as a moderator as I have always thought of it this way. Us moderators would love to be able to add a lot of the features that are mentioned here but it's up to the dev in the end.

• There is no arguing that large updates are not as quick as other games however for a game with a sole developer who also works on two other games the update progress is not bad, this game gets at least 1 update a week, the developer could do monthly updates with more content but then people would complain about the lack of updates. For a free to play game at least 1 update a week is pretty good going. I am also not sure if the developer has another job or not. That is my opinion and I am not just saying this as a moderator as I have always thought of it this way. Us moderators would love to be able to add a lot of the features that are mentioned here but it's up to the dev in the end.

But the majority of what we are asking for is already developed and can simply be copied over which is what makes it so frustrating because i know it's all possible

• Your suggestion is no ideas get done on the presumption that Sebastian doesn't want to.
    To some degree, yes. He doesn't always like ideas. Very often he will go against his own thoughts because we push that something everybody wants. Othertimes, he won't do it.

Mass casualty is something we proposed and he declined. His concern was it made the game too easy for his liking. He doesn't agree to every idea and we accept that and propose something else.

Sebastian does this alongside being a father and volunteer fire fighter, so there's not a lot of time to spend doing things. Additionally he doesn't want updates rushed in otherwise you'll run out of things to suggest and add.

The OP has asked the question and got a reply. If you want to discuss further you can open a new thread or PM me or another of the community team.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!