General Question

• Moderators, is a technical rescue unit on "the list"? I put this in the improvements thread because if it's not on "the list" I think it should be added and possibly prioritized. When we have missions such as Trench Rescue, Building Collapse, and I would dare say High-Rise Fire, in real life these would almost always demand a Technical Rescue unit. I think it would add to the special operations dynamic of the game considering HAZMAT, TR, and Dive are three major big Spec Ops divisions and water rescue has been discussed. Yes, while I could just buy a heavy rescue and rename it, I believe adding the unit would be an easy way to make the game more realistic and expand people's operations. A course in the fire academy would likely be needed as well.

• No, it would offer specialized rescue. I would respond a heavy rescue/rescue engine to an MVA entrapment, because it carries jaws. A technical rescue unit carries specialized rescue equipment. You have to think of it this way. An engine (regular engine) carries basic rescue equipment, but is not a heavy rescue. In the same way, a heavy rescue carries basic HAZMAT equipment, but is often not a departments primary HAZMAT Unit. I would submit that the same is for technical rescue. An easier way to rebut your question is simply to ask why all major and many minor departments have heavy rescues AND technical rescues?

• so as I said what would the new unit offer differently then the units we already have.

Yes I understand we have technical rescue in UK but wouldn't some of those duties also fall under the USAR umbrella.

I know GMFRS
    Has USAR units(besides the Lancashire USAR they have there own and co-respond)
    Enhanced rescue units
    TRU - technical response unit

Some are equipped with more vehicle resuce equipment.
    I believe the TRU are the units they request to go in first in a explosio situation.

(I'm only going of what I've read so maybe wrong)

I understand that you want a technical rescue. But I can't see this happening in the game just yet when we already have three rescue units(utility/heavy rescue/rescue engine)

http://www.fireflash-delta64.co.uk/gmcusar.html

http://www.fireflash-delta64.co.uk/lancsusar.html

http://www.fireflash-delta64.co.uk/gmc39.html
    Above has major rescue/response unit
    TRU (as above)
    USAR (as above)

But maybe as I said and I agree with you add a technical rescue course before people can use the rescue units like the hazmat unit.

• Take my area for example (leicetershire) we operate two heavy rescues but one is only called out 6 times a year, & the other is in the city and is a enhanced unit thats specially made for our specs it covers rope,water,hazmat,shoring & technical rescue. the also cross crew Urban Search & Rescue what im trying to say is as a technical rescue could it not do rope and more advanced rescue work? or maybe like a winch/crane scenario?

• yes it could do. But the rope rescue unit would assist there. I believe(don't quote) they are attached to the USAR units in lancashire.

In the USAR pods don't they cover a variety of things. Shoring and technical? I'm not sure they I think they have 4 pods with various options. The environment protection unit and incident response unit cover some hazmat aspects. As well as normal pumps cover basic hazmat duties.

• technical rescue can carry cranes and winches etc

would that also fall under the USAR heavy rescue pod. And I think that might also be covered in GMFRS TRU units.(which would be the technical rescue letsgohope12 was talking about adding to the game.

I don't have any issue in asking for a technical rescue units. But I can't see it happening just yet (as we have three rescue units in the game)

But maybe as letsgohope12 says add a technical rescue course but have this instead of a new unit.

• would that also fall under the USAR heavy rescue pod. And I think that might also be covered in GMFRS TRU units.(which would be the technical rescue letsgohope12 was talking about adding to the game.
    I don't have any issue in asking for a technical rescue units. But I can't see it happening just yet (as we have three rescue units in the game)

But maybe as letsgohope12 says add a technical rescue course but have this instead of a new unit.

Read this ( http://www.romar.org.uk/page132.html ) as it explains what each USAR Pod does. Yes some counties operate a few other aspects within USAR such as Rope Rescue however they aren't funded by the government under the New Dimension programme which all UK USAR bases are (except West Sussex Fire and Rescue) Not all counties have USAR so reli upon other counties. Where i'm from Derbyshire Fire and Rescue request of Leicestershire Fire and Rescue for USAR as we only run a basic search team out of 2 stations.

• were I am from Lancashire and greater Manchester share the USAR. I think they may even share with Merseyside. Cheshire and Cumbria. Thanks for the link I'll give it a read. I think the rope rescue unit for Lancashire maybe based with USAR for easier access and support but funded from lancfire.

• Being that this is a US game.... let's rope it back in because technical rescue is a lot simpler here obviously. Rather than negotiating who funds what in the U.K., can we just get a statement from a moderator and lock the thread?

I'll ask my question again.

What would a new technical rescue unit provide.. What the three rescue units already in the game can't already do??

I would also say its not just a US game since you can get the game on UK app stores. I'd say It's based on the US style of operations. We in the UK we have to adjust our play style to suit the needs of the game. Also the game is based of the original German game..

But yes i agree a statement off the Admin/mods and then lock the feed.

• so the missions it responds to will need recoding and changing to suit a new unit(in my opinion is not needed)

But a new course I can see being a good thing aslong as you have new missions for the specific course and technical rescue unit. as you have a course for hazmat so why not rescue.

• Being that this is a US game.... let's rope it back in because technical rescue is a lot simpler here obviously. Rather than negotiating who funds what in the U.K., can we just get a statement from a moderator and lock the thread?

If you want to play this game go then. I was simply explaining the uses to a fellow player who is based in the UK. This is hardly a US game when it's structure is identical to leitstellenspiel.de which is German hence why sometimes translations are missed.

• In regards to where this game is set it is set to be in the US, the same way as grand theft auto 5 is set to be in the US, it would be financially unviable to have a British version of the game so players have two choices, either play this version which is in English, (it is possible to have a large realistic UK set up in mission chief, from a player that covers 9 counties) or play the German game which is in German version. The US is the intended place for this game to be based in and that is not going to change. (I would love to have more UK style units but when the majority of the playerbase is from the US I can understand why that's the focus)

In regard to this topic, get it back on track or it gets locked. I am not going to and don't want to lock the topic but if it continues it will be locked and the original owner will have to request it to be reopened.

USAR is something that I know personally myself would be interested in and I will bring it back up to the other moderators.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!