Ambulances carrying more than one person

• I was wondering if there could be a possibility of the HEMS and ambulances carrying more than one, like definitely on the HEMS because most air evacs carry 2 patients, and I know almost all ambulances in North America have the capability to, it just doesn't make sense to send 6 ambulances to a high rise or something like that...

• I was wondering if there could be a possibility of the HEMS and ambulances carrying more than one, like definitely on the HEMS because most air evacs carry 2 patients, and I know almost all ambulances in North America have the capability to, it just doesn't make sense to send 6 ambulances to a high rise or something like that...

Ambos in North America can normally transport one patient at a time, at least in NY and PA. As for HEMS I haven't seen more than one patient in one.

• It is all highly dependent of scenario and vehicles. Most departments and counties have rules and regulations against it because of legal issues. What if patients fight? Really small box. What if the second patient degrades and needs a stretcher... well you only have one. I do think if it is added that a lot of people will take advantage of this. Now working like most cities and counties it makes sense to send ambulances for what you have patients. Maybe if you have 6 patients and don't want to send 6 ambulances make the gamble and send 4 or 5. Some will probably get cleared and not get transported. If you get a high rise fire call there are possibly hundreds of people in that building so there would be a lot of resources sent to that call.

As for air transport that is also rare. Northeast uses a lot of smaller helicopter only able to hold one patient. I have also lived in Arizona where they had the same helicopters but also national guard came out sometimes with old military style helicopter. Those older military helicopters could handle two patients but it depends on the service near you.

• Ambos in North America can normally transport one patient at a time, at least in NY and PA. As for HEMS I haven't seen more than one patient in one.

well down here in Texas I guess we do things differently. Like our lifeflight in Houston has the capability to transport 2 if needed, that's also why a ambus would be cool and it should become a requirement on missions or something and stuff, it'd be really cool, make a highrise or office building have more patients and send a ambus and 6 boxes. And we usually only do the dual transport on a stable bls (like if someone gets I to a fender bender and they wanna play the 'my neck and back hurts routine)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!