Much needed game pace and ease of access improvements

• Hey, been playing this game all summer since someone in the group chat made me participate. It's a pretty fun little time waster, but it ultimately has several game pace and ease of use issues. I have made a fairly comprehensive list of stuff that's about the actual game and where needed I will try and write some code and pointers (My java isn't that great). I have also had a look at some of the game code (There is a bunch of stuff that needs to be commented out, I can see some of the new features being planned in the code with display values only set to false!) and these should be pretty easy to implement. If needed I can also translate a lot of this into German.

• Resource maximum distance checksum for new calls

Currently the maximum travel distance for non helicopter units is 400 km. When new calls are created, there is no check sum to determine if the correct units are available within 400 km of the call, or it is not working. I believe that the current checksum looks at numbers of stations available. This results in extremely annoying occurrences where if a player has stations on opposite ends of a large county calls will populate on one end that require large amounts of resources that are on the other side of the country. I believe that the best way to fix this problem is to add in an additional "if" statement to check if there are stations within a radius of the call before it populates.

i.e.

Code
    //Instead of
    if (feuerwache>4) {
    calls needs heavy rescue
    }
    //use
    if(feuerwache>4) && if(distnce<=100) {
    call needs heavy rescue
    }
    • Allow units to handle a wider variety of calls
      Currently certain units cannot handle calls they should logically be able to handle, for instance a rescue truck or platform truck should be able to handle a tree down for instance, even when following traditional German staffing and equipment. I would assume that this could be taken care of with some basic operations in the Java script.

• Alliance controls for frequency and severity of calls, as well as the option for individuals to override.

Currently, I believe calls have a random chance per the set speed to spawn. This would give an alliance the option to set the chances of certain calls happening for a more extreme or realistic approach. Individuals would have the ability to turn this on or off in the dispatch center.

• Slow generation of ingame currency (coins)

This one is an odd one, this is the only game I know of in its genre that does not offer periodic increase in the premium currency, and when the game does through referrals and promotions, the rewards are very scant. Combine this with the increase in station costs after 20 or so stations, and it becomes an enormous, unfun, tedious grind for more money to expand. I would recommend

I'm sure I'll think of more at some point, but those are my main complaints at the moment.

• I'm still reading about the rest of what you said but I personally feel the coin reward system is a tad bit scarce. I have been spending a little here and there for coins to expand my emergency services stations. It is worth it but I wish the coin system would expand a little though.

• Just going to reply on the coins here, bills have to be paid,the servers have to run. There is no pay2win, since premium is cosmetic and if you are inpatient you can still get there fast.

Yet if you are active enough there are quite a lot of coins you can get through the year.

I can understand bills needing to be paid along with servers, But the only time I have noticed coins being rewarded is when you get promoted which takes quite a while and during the month of December. I am at Captain right now and it was a challenge to get there with months of playing. If I need coins I will pay, but the point I'm trying at is this.

I'm not saying we should get tons of coins every day. I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is besides holidays and promotions, To find other ways for us to work for coins. Kinda like gaining XP points in any Online Call of Duty matches. Have us do so many missions, types of missions and whatnot to gain a coin or two. And have it fool proof so no one can crack this system on it. See what I'm saying?

• Just going to reply on the coins here, bills have to be paid,the servers have to run. There is no pay2win, since premium is cosmetic and if you are inpatient you can still get there fast.

Yet if you are active enough there are quite a lot of coins you can get through the year.

Look at a lot of mobile game apps. Almost all have some sort of premium currency, and most of the one's I've ever played had some sort of regular way to receive premium currency for free but at a slow rate.

Logged in 7 days in a row? Here's 5 coins. Watch a video ad for 1 coin. That's not just handing out tons and tons of coins to each individual. It takes time to acquire them and still requires patience, and realistically, those ideas aren't truly giving out the premium currency for free. Watching an ad gives them money.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!