Suggestions for new vehicles

• I know we are all hyped for the new upcoming units, our soon loved boats <3

I want the devs to focus on the new units but i'm going to set here some units many people have requested before and I think should be added to the game:

Fire Units:
    -Type 6 engine (from what I've seen is the Portuguese "VLCI" equivalent, a light pumper) Note: Should be able to be bought with the station like the rest of the engines , also max staff = 3
    -Firefighthing Airplanes (big deal every summer around here) and I think it would bring some new buildings to the game too keeping in mind it should be a bigger investment than Helicopter stations (maybe 3M the station + 500k for the plane?)
    -Engine Tanker since we have Rescue/Ladder engines this seems like a nice idea Note: Should be able to be bought with the station like the rest of the engines , also max staff = 3
    -Diving Team I almost forgot this one, it came up to my mind when we were asked about options for towing vehicles for the boats, etc. Around here the diving team has a trailer with the boat (if needed for that call not just for extra weight :D )

Police Units:

-Traffic Division Unit the name says it all not really critical for the game it's something people have requested , keeping in mind it's not game critical
    -Water Cannon truck the name says it all (again) :thumbup:
    -Prisioner transport car/van this came to mind as the mission Drug Lab Fire requires 4 police cars and sometimes has 5 prisioners which requires me to direct the other 4 to prisions and wait for the 5th unit
    -Bomb Squad Unit Again, a very requested one and also could make way for new calls or event missions (Bomb threath and for the event some sort of major event with bomb squad on stand-by)
    -Crime Investigation Unit this would make way for new mission and also expand the police area a little more, also requested before (I've checked)
    -Patrol Car type 2 This is my idea, which I think it's better than a traffic division
    -Police Command Unit Just like most of the above the name says it all :P , I almost forgot this one too, but again, more variety and new mission could be made with this, considering other police units were added we could have some really cool missions

I would like to thank you all for reading this and for your time, I would also like to point out that are other ideas I have but since I'm not sure if they exist/ are relevant in the US I decided not include them here

Also if I forgot some "important" unit that should have been mentioned here please tell me and If justified I will add it to the list above :thumbsup:

• -Type 6 engine (from what I've seen is the Portuguese "VLCI" equivalent, a light pumper) Note: Should be able to be bought with the station like the rest of the engines , also max staff = 3

What would be the difference between this and a type 2? I mean, in-game use, not real life use.

-Diving Team I almost forgot this one, it came up to my mind when we were asked about options for towing vehicles for the boats, etc. Around here the diving team has a trailer with the boat (if needed for that call not just for extra weight )

I like this idea. Maybe even have the possibility for a police dive team also?

-Water Cannon truck the name says it all (again)

I don't believe this is a "prominent" US thing. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

-Patrol Car type 2 This is my idea, which I think it's better than a traffic division

What would be the use of this?

• -Engine Tanker since we have Rescue/Ladder engines this seems like a nice idea Note: Should be able to be bought with the station like the rest of the engines , also max staff = 3

It has been said a few times now by the mod and admin teams this unit will not be added. As they dont wish to make the game any more easier.

Other then that I like the other ideas you have added.

• Isn’t the dive team the same as the water rescue unit? I mean, you will have the ability to purchase a heavy rescue vehicle that carries its boat, OR a boat on a trailer/equipment trailer. That IS a dive team! In fact, most department’s vehicles literally say dive team on the side. The firefighters will also have to be trained in swift-water rescue to be used in-game

• What would be the difference between this and a type 2? I mean, in-game use, not real life use.

I like this idea. Maybe even have the possibility for a police dive team also?

I don't believe this is a "prominent" US thing. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

What would be the use of this?

Topic 1 - Adding variety of units to the game, we have a type 1 and type 2 engine don't we? Also this leads to another idea I had a long time ago which is Different speeds for different units, a fly-car should move faster than an Ambo, and a heavy truck should be slower than a lighter one, correct me if wrong (not only top speed)

Topic 2 - For now keeping just the fire department as this would lead to people wanting police fire units as this has been mentioned before, also be aware we have that in Portugal and I'm not bringing this up

Topic 3 - Could allow for new calls, for example illegal demonstration (came to my mind from Emergency 4 LA Mod)

Topic 4 - Does the type 1/type 2 have a major difference? it doesn't but if people wanted we could make the type 2 car single seated just like the fly-car

Since it had been mentioned before and I like that idea it doesn't hurt to have it here, I am aware some units have been talked about long ago, this is more of a compilation with a few extra ideas

Isn’t the dive team the same as the water rescue unit? I mean, you will have the ability to purchase a heavy rescue vehicle that carries its boat, OR a boat on a trailer/equipment trailer. That IS a dive team! In fact, most department’s vehicles literally say dive team on the side. The firefighters will also have to be trained in swift-water rescue to be used in-game

I didn't know that, thank you for your information, diving team will be removed from the list if the update confirms what you mentioned (I just need to remember to edit the post afterwards :D )

• For some reason some people don't understand the difference between "Type 2" and "Type 6".
    While those designations are not used in NY I do understand the difference and here is a "Type 2" in yellow 1996 Freightliner FL70/KME 1250/1000 Pumper seating 3, and a "Type 6" in red, 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT/Reading 250/200 Brush Truck. There is a huge difference between the two, while the difference between a Type 1 and Type 2 is only the crew size, the Type 6 is a Pick-up chassis with a small fire body for fighting brush fires. A Type 2 is a structural fire attack truck, the Type 6 while it can fight a structure fire, is basically useless to do so. It handles grass fires, field fires, trash fires. In the game it would be something to handle the smaller calls leaving the Type 1 and Type 2 structural fire trucks free to respond to larger calls.
    Now the Pumper Tanker. The thought process of it will make it easier needs to stop, I have yet to see anyone who plays the game and doesn't recreate the actual departments that they are in the area of. Thus they are not going to purchase trucks that don't exist in their area. Now some in a city might purchase a couple Pumper Tankers because they don't have Tankers for several miles away but it isn't exactly going to make the game easier. The staffing of 3 is wrong though, Pumper Tankers have seating for everything from 2 to 8, 6 maximum is better and then people could have it seat however many the real version does.
    Police Type 2, not sure what you mean with that one.
    Police Command, just make it so you can buy an MCV at a police station as well since many places the fire dept uses the police command vehicle for larger incidents.

• For some reason some people don't understand the difference between "Type 2" and "Type 6".
    While those designations are not used in NY I do understand the difference and here is a "Type 2" in yellow 1996 Freightliner FL70/KME 1250/1000 Pumper seating 3, and a "Type 6" in red, 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT/Reading 250/200 Brush Truck. There is a huge difference between the two, while the difference between a Type 1 and Type 2 is only the crew size, the Type 6 is a Pick-up chassis with a small fire body for fighting brush fires. A Type 2 is a structural fire attack truck, the Type 6 while it can fight a structure fire, is basically useless to do so. It handles grass fires, field fires, trash fires. In the game it would be something to handle the smaller calls leaving the Type 1 and Type 2 structural fire trucks free to respond to larger calls.
    Now the Pumper Tanker. The thought process of it will make it easier needs to stop, I have yet to see anyone who plays the game and doesn't recreate the actual departments that they are in the area of. Thus they are not going to purchase trucks that don't exist in their area. Now some in a city might purchase a couple Pumper Tankers because they don't have Tankers for several miles away but it isn't exactly going to make the game easier. The staffing of 3 is wrong though, Pumper Tankers have seating for everything from 2 to 8, 6 maximum is better and then people could have it seat however many the real version does.
    Police Type 2, not sure what you mean with that one.
    Police Command, just make it so you can buy an MCV at a police station as well since many places the fire dept uses the police command vehicle for larger incidents.

I know the difference between type 1 or 2 and the type 6, here in Portugal we have categories for FD vehicles, all units that end with CI (VUCI, VFCI, VLCI) are firefighting vehicles (used directly to fight fires) another example is all vehicles that begin with VTxx are Tanker (VTTU, VTTF)
    Getting back to the engine type, we have VLCI which are light pumpers (VL+CI) they could be used instead of the urban pumper (example) if it is not a "big" fire for example, or sometimes they also send the urban pumper but this light p. gets there faster which leads me back to my other long time idea that vehicles should have different speeds, the Battalion chief should be faster than the Mobile command
    Also the idea of police command unit is not for the police command to perform the same calls as the fire command, the police would be used for police calls and fire for fire

I've seen some people say that this is just the US Version of this. But having all of this being recommended into the game i think is too much for right now.. If you ask me i think the way it is now should be fine or whatever.. But the whole Boat thing being added i think its a good idea for that to be in the game..

I think you should give it a read, like I said

I want the devs to focus on the new units but i'm going to set here some units many people have requested before and I think should be added to the game: (in the future)

I would also like to point out that are other ideas I have but since I'm not sure if they exist/ are relevant in the US I decided not include them here (and this is the US version of the game)

I had made a big text here, but let me sum up:

Most of the units above have been mentioned by other players (me included) and I decided to list them here too
    Some of the units aboves aren't supposed to be added because they would make a huge difference in the gameplay but because it adds variety of units, since you seem not be informed about the other game versions I can tell you the german version has 8 different engines while we have 2, and as far as I could tell (correct me if I'm wrong) but they all do the same to fires, they also have different police cars, different ambulances
    If you have never played the german version just make an account there, go to the graphic packs tab and open a random one. You will be surprised by the amount of units the german version has

I like to hear everyone's opinion but from your comment I can only say that you didn't even bother to read half of what I wrote up there, I said I understood the fact that this is the US version, I also said this is for the future development of the game and wanted the devs to focus on the new upcoming units (boats). I would also like to inform you that if nobody made suggestions for improving the game maybe it would never have reached the state it is now, someone had the idea to add boats and requested it

• I can See where you arew coming from there, i play the German version, not has much as this one i may add. but there is a heck of a load of units in each department on it.

I have a friend who plays with me, one day by a load of events that I will resume, another friend of his joined our discord and after a while he said he knew my name, we realised from here, and then he told me that the German Version had a lot more units, I believed him but, I never thought there would be that much units there :D I was mind blown

My fault, i didnt read it all my bad man.

I could tell, and it's ok, I find my self a little too lazy when it comes to reading bigger texts

• Fire Units:

-Type 6 engine (from what I've seen is the Portuguese "VLCI" equivalent, a light pumper) Note: Should be able to be bought with the station like the rest of the engines , also max staff = 3

We understand that brush vehicles are highly requested and will look into it in the future.

-Firefighthing Airplanes (big deal every summer around here) and I think it would bring some new buildings to the game too keeping in mind it should be a bigger investment than Helicopter stations (maybe 3M the station + 500k for the plane?)

Again same with brush it is something to be looked into in the future, perhaps in the same update.

-Engine Tanker since we have Rescue/Ladder engines this seems like a nice idea Note: Should be able to be bought with the station like the rest of the engines , also max staff = 3

Unlikely to happen in the near future but perhaps not something to be ruled out later on down the line, the issue was the Dev felt it would make the game easier and water tanker redundant.

-Diving Team I almost forgot this one, it came up to my mind when we were asked about options for towing vehicles for the boats, etc. Around here the diving team has a trailer with the boat (if needed for that call not just for extra weight :D )

As @letsgohope12 said, this is pretty much part of a swift water rescue team.

-Traffic Division Unit the name says it all not really critical for the game it's something people have requested , keeping in mind it's not game critical

Not a priority but something to consider in the future

-Water Cannon truck the name says it all (again) :thumbup:

Definitely i would like to see in the game, maybe a Riot update in the future at some point, same as below.

-Prisioner transport car/van this came to mind as the mission Drug Lab Fire requires 4 police cars and sometimes has 5 prisioners which requires me to direct the other 4 to prisions and wait for the 5th unit

Read above

-Bomb Squad Unit Again, a very requested one and also could make way for new calls or event missions (Bomb threath and for the event some sort of major event with bomb squad on stand-by)

Definitely a unit to consider in the future

-Crime Investigation Unit this would make way for new mission and also expand the police area a little more, also requested before (I've checked)

Unlikely to happen due to this game mostly being about that initial response however it is not a bad idea

Unsure really in the purpose of this.

-Police Command Unit Just like most of the above the name says it all :P , I almost forgot this one too, but again, more variety and new mission could be made with this, considering other police units were added we could have some really cool missions

I like it, maybe a MCV that can fill in for the MCV requirements on fire and (in the future) police, same would go for an ambulance MCV if added.

• Unlikely to happen in the near future but perhaps not something to be ruled out later on down the line, the issue was the Dev felt it would make the game easier and water tanker redundant.

As @letsgohope12 said, this is pretty much part of a swift water rescue team.Definitely a unit to consider in the future

Unsure really in the purpose of this.

I understand the engine tanker situation, StuartA1984 had refered that:

About the diving team I quickly realised that the HRV w/boat would probably fill this spot when @letsgohope12 mentioned it

The patrol car type 2 is the same as engine type 1/type 2, just for variety

Also thank you for your very detailed answer

• [UPDATE - 03/03/2018] Removed Diving Team from the original post

Meanwhile remembered a few units I had forgot (want to be sure all are mentioned), this time as they are much less units Ill add some pictures for entertainment :D

-Police High Speed Unit as the name says it would be a high speed unit used for new some new calls (Police Chase mainly) but it would also be a Patrol Car, so this is like a Rescue Engine or a Quint, it would require the rank as the Rescue Engine does [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Ud9a793.jpg?1]
    -Police SUV since I've seen in the US you have many SUVs as police units, these would be an alternative to the patrol car type 2, also I love the Chevy Suburban/Tahoe from 2008 [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/DEqH8eO.jpg?1]

-Police/FD personnel Carrier this would allow to transport more police officers to the scene, good for new missions (events included) also since @TACRfan said he would like to see a Rior Update this could be another of those units to come with it! [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/yvCeWgK.jpg?1]

Let me know what you think about these new units!

• Another thing, not a new vehicle but pertaining to a current vehicle. Since it would be way too much to put hydrant
    [UPDATE - 03/03/2018] Removed Diving Team from the original post

Ok, SUVs are used like any other patrol car, there is no point in adding them as they are used for the same patrol and K-9 duties that Ford Taurus, Dodge Charger, and Chevrolet Caprice patrol/K-9 units are.
    As for the high speed unit, modern Police Interceptor packages have made those vehicles obsolete.
    The Fire and Police Vans would be a worthwhile addition, especially if it was made so people at the scene affected speed of mission completion.

• Yes, fire and police vans would be useful. High speed units would be useless, because in reality,they just use units further up a junction to corner them off. In the uk those cars are non-existent. Finally, there would be no need for the 4x4s, you just use skins and the K-9 units, well we have them just use skins once again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!