Emergency Medical Services - Ambulances, their crew and you.

• Hello,

I would like to make a few recommendations based on my experiences within MissionChief so far.

I've noticed that in a lot of these forum threads 'realism' is the main drive, so I am going to try and provide
    as much evidence based items as I can. The first item I would like to recommend is a training course aimed at EMS personnel.

An example:

You buy Ambulance Station #1 and begin with 2 (*2) Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) Basic, and 1 EMT Intermediate.
    As you progress you hire new EMT Basics and can then train them to become EMT Intermediate and eventually full fledged Paramedics.
    These promotions would give small boosts to the speed of triage between 5%-15%. I'm not sure if this next part will be too
    advanced for the game but it would also be really cool if Paramedics were able to push drugs whereas EMT-B and EMT-A can not. (This is based on US EMS)

I am not sure what these courses should cost since real world costs for training and in-game costs deviate quite a bit.

I've also noticed that the cost of treatment and transport are pretty far fetched from the real world. In my state (in the US) it costs an average of (*1) $400 to $1,200 for services rendered by EMS. I'm not stating raise it to a crazy high amount but $250 seems pretty low, even if you doubled it to $500 it would be much more realistic.

*1 http://health.costhelper.com/ambulance.html
    "The cost can be nothing out-of-pocket in cities where services are covered by taxes, but usually ranges from less than $400 to $1,200 or more plus mileage."

*1 https://www.usatoday.com/story…services-costs/334338001/
    "Ideally, you'll never need to ride in the back of an ambulance. But if it happens, here's what you should know: Ambulance services are extremely expensive. After receiving a two-mile transport in February, Santoro experienced sticker shock: His ride added up to $2,691.50. May 20, 2017"

*2 http://www.emttrainingusa.com/the-different-levels-of-emt/
    "So what are the different levels of EMT. Pretty much all states distinguish between 3 levels of EMT: EMT-Basic (EMT-B), EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I), and EMT-Paramedic (EMT-P). While all states simply refer to EMT Basic and EMT Paramedic, a lot of states use different description for EMT Intermediate, which we will get to shortly"

I will be honest with you straight away
    The EMS Academy giving boosts that lower the time patients take to be treated is very unlikely to be added
    About the payment boost, and this would be a huge deal for me since it's my main income area, is also unlikely to be changed, just like some police calls give 100-150 credits this is almost the same thing (due to game economy)

With that said, a good alternative for us to have an EMS Academy would be for Fly-Car and MCU (Mass casualty Unit) personnel to require training
    Also, if in the future we get new EMS Units those could also require training

This is my point of view, I like the idea of sending personnel to training to reduce the time calls take and I also think little upgrades to vehicles could do the same as the training!

• Ok, why should a fly car require special training? It is just a non-transport vehicle used by an EMS provider.
    Currently I have the following, which serve the following purpose in real life.
    Medic 18: ALS Fly Car, assists surrounding BLS Ambulances by providing advanced care to serious patients.
    Medic 20: ALS Fly Car, assists surrounding BLS Ambulances by providing advanced care to serious patients.
    Medic 28: ALS Fly Car, assists surrounding BLS Ambulances by providing advanced care to serious patients.
    Defib 29: BLS Fly Car, first responder care when the Ambulances are busy.
    Medic 30: Same as Medics 18, 20, and 28
    Medic 31: Same as Medics 18, 20, 28, and 30
    Medic 32: Same as Medics 18, 20, 28, 30, and 31
    Medic 36: Same as Medics 18, 20, 28, 30, 31, and 32
    Defib 37: Same as Defib 29
    Defib 39: Same as Defibs 29 and 37.
    If you want them to add special training for a fly car which is basically the same as an ambulance, then we would need special training for ambulances as well.

• You ask me why a fly car should require special training?
    I ask you: why do you need to write all fly cars you own?

People want an EMS Academy I'm trying to give ideas for units that could require training
    I don't know about the US, but around here in Europe the fly car has trained medical crew on it and atleast here in Portugal it is full of everything, literaly everything! It even has a fridge for medication that need to be kept cool

Don't get me wrong but this is a game, the game is not called US Emergency Simulator because again this is just a game where you dispatch units to calls
    It's okay for me if you are trying to play this game as realistic as you can but they won't add an EMS Academy if there are no units to be trained
    I think that if you spent 5 seconds thinking why the ambulance shouldn't require training you would never ask that question! Seriously? The basic EMS unit in the game would need training? Next thing you are saying is the officers in the patrol cars need to learn how to shoot their weapon in the police academy (in-game)

• The people who use the fly cars are the same Paramedics and EMTs that use the ambulances. They don't have extra training though. They carry the same medical equipment as the ambulances, the guy/girl operating it is no better trained than a Paramedic on an ambulance. Therefore should not have better training. EMS courses could be done through the fire academy as EMT courses are conducted by fire training centers and fire departments/EMS agencies.

• The people who use the fly cars are the same Paramedics and EMTs that use the ambulances. They don't have extra training though. They carry the same medical equipment as the ambulances, the guy/girl operating it is no better trained than a Paramedic on an ambulance. Therefore should not have better training. EMS courses could be done through the fire academy as EMT courses are conducted by fire training centers and fire departments/EMS agencies.

Thank you for the information

• I think if we had a special Doctor vehicle, we have them in the UK, it would be a good example of where training in game would be useful, and the advantages given above could be modelled, however I haven't heard of doctors doing anything outside of hospitals on a large scale in America (I may be wrong) so it wouldn't really be favoured.

Here at Portugal our fly cars have a nurse and a doctor and even more stuff than ambulances do

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!