My Suggestions - March 2018

• Hello, again! Hope you had a great February! I am back once again with my monthly ideas.
    BOATS!

New Call Ideas:
    1. Flooding - By Lakes / Rivers / Sea - Requirements - 2 Fire Appliances, 1 Boat, 1 Water Tanker, 2 Police Response Cars, 1 Fire Officer.
    2. Large Flooding - Requirements - 4 Fire Appliances, 1 HRT, 2 Water Tankers, 1 Boat, 1 Ambulance 4 Police Response Cars, 1 Fire Officer.
    3.Arson - 5 Fire appliances, 1 HRT, 1 Fire Officer, 1 Ambulance 4 Police cars. (Please let me know what you think and maybe change around the units)
    New Suggestions:
    1. Is it possible for us to see other people's building Graphics. Example -

2. Please can Transport Request Admins be able to dispatch ambulances to hospitals ?
    New Units:
    1. Fire Dogs. This can help in Suspected arson.
    Other:
    As you know I have a Call Type Graphics Pack that has got 74 Players using it. Want to check it out? Here you go:
    UK 999 Call Types

• New Call Ideas:
    1. Flooding - By Lakes / Rivers / Sea - Requirements - 2 Fire Appliances, 1 Boat, 1 Water Tanker, 2 Police Response Cars, 1 Fire Officer.
    2. Large Flooding - Requirements - 4 Fire Appliances, 1 HRT, 2 Water Tankers, 1 Boat, 1 Ambulance 4 Police Response Cars, 1 Fire Officer.

I do like the flooding calls, as a matter of fact that was the large scale mission I made yesterday xD

3.Arson - 5 Fire appliances, 1 HRT, 1 Fire Officer, 1 Ambulance 4 Police cars. (Please let me know what you think and maybe change around the units)

As we have talker about new units before and some people have talked about (my self included) adding a Crime Investigation Unit I think it would be nice to let the boats update come and see what would be the next update :D

1. Is it possible for us to see other people's building Graphics. Example -

This may not be the best idea as some people may have building icons you don't know, personally I like the idea here but in larger alliances it may not be the best idea

2. Please can Transport Request Admins be able to dispatch ambulances to hospitals ?

This has previously been discussed here, my conclusion is that no matter how hard you try this can be abused and used for personnal interest

1. Fire Dogs. This can help in Suspected arson.

I do like the idea as we have fire dogs in Portugal but I think there are much more important units to be added before and that the K-9 can be used meanwhile

Other:As you know I have a Call Type Graphics Pack that has got 74 Players using it. Want to check it out? Here you go:
    UK 999 Call Types

I didn't know!
    I just checked it out, looks good, personally I like the default icons as they give a cleaner look

Also, really good post and have a good March :thumbsup:

• Now. You may all think it's such a bad idea but I think we need it because we are getting loads of calls like Building collapse, Industrial Fire and Trench rescue This Salvage unit will be able to help In Calls by help clearing up all the debris. Now after reading that most of you are going to say rename a Utility Truck. But that's not the point there is a Tractor on this Unit the tractor could help in technical rescues etc. Let me know what you think.
    [Blocked Image: http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/photo/p1200241.jpg]

• Now. You may all think it's such a bad idea but I think we need it because we are getting loads of calls like Building collapse, Industrial Fire and Trench rescue This Salvage unit will be able to help In Calls by help clearing up all the debris. Now after reading that most of you are going to say rename a Utility Truck. But that's not the point there is a Tractor on this Unit the tractor could help in technical rescues etc. Let me know what you think.

I think very soon someone will say that it's not common to be used and will be assigned as non-emergency

• Pods have been brought up before, although not commonly used in the US a tractor trailer system is, this is very similar to the pods.

As for the bulldozer, bulldozers May well get added in the future (unknown at this stage) but would most likely be for forest firefighting, that is not saying that you couldn’t send them to the call, this is not something that is commonly used in the US (I may be wrong) and this game is meant to be based of a generic US set up. It is not a bad idea though, same with the pods.

• As for the bulldozer, bulldozers May well get added in the future (unknown at this stage) but would most likely be for forest firefighting, that is not saying that you couldn’t send them to the call, this is not something that is commonly used in the US (I may be wrong)

Bulldozers are very commonly used (at least in the southern US) for creating fire lines in forest or wildfire situations

Salvage Unit?? This isn't a salvage units its part of Urban Search and Rescue (USAR). It's role is to remove debris to allow the extraction of patients trapped within a collapsed building. A salvage unit as described by Roger Madrons website says this about a salvage unit/tender

Salvage tenderSTAppliance carrying a range of equipment to minimise the effect of water, smoke and fire damage and to rescue goods from a fire.

The unit you have shown is USAR Pod 4 which as described by Roger Mardon says,

Module 4 - consists of a prime mover (PM) and a drop-side unit which carries the logistics and servicing structure, and a Bobcat Toolcat 5600 4-wheel-drive multi-purpose vehicle which can be used for transporting equipment to an incident site, unloading modules and moving rubble to clear sites.

At no point is salvage mentioned, usually services combine salavge units into others such as Incident Support units or rarely have them as individual units.

[Blocked Image: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8395/8669104501_36bb973925_b.jpg]Could we at-least Have a animal Rescue Unit?

Fairly sure this was brought up before and usual shot down or put under the rug as the USA I would assume (feel free to correct if wrong) would assigned a rescue squad to deal with this kind of call.

• Bulldozers are very commonly used (at least in the southern US) for creating fire lines in forest or wildfire situations

Yes I thought so, as I said we may add a bulldozer for wildfires but it wouldn’t be for trench rescues.

[Blocked Image: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8395/8669104501_36bb973925_b.jpg]Could we at-least Have a animal Rescue Unit?

Personally I would like to see this as it would just be another unit that can be used but again I’m not sure if they have dedicated animal rescue units, this would most likely be a utility.

• It is a Salvage unit. It basically does the same think... its just a picture... Jeez.

• It is a Salvage unit. It basically does the same think... its just a picture... Jeez.

It doesn't tho, if you had read my post fully then i provided the definition of what a salvage unit is. Salvage is anything that can be rescued or saved from either water, smoke or anything that could harm it. You could say a HVP is a salvage unit then as it can Pump water out of a flooded area but its not. Pod 4 is there to unload other Pods and to transport and/or remove materials.

This is Hereford & Worcester Fire & Rescue incident support unit, on there website it say this has salvage gear, show me the bobcat on (digger) on this then.
    https://www.hwfire.org.uk/abou…is-incident-support-unit/

• All posts not pertaining to the thread have been removed. Everyone please keep threads on topic and refrain from making personal attacks or the thread will be locked and warning points will be issued.

Now, returning to the topic, dedicated Salvage units are not commonplace in the United States, nor are animal rescue units. However, we will take them into consideration.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!