Special Ops Trucks

• Considering the fact that not many smaller-medium sized departments have both a separate stand alone hazmat team and a stand alone team Technical Rescue team, I think a Special Ops truck would help us out. Obivously the guys staffed to the truck would still have to go through the HazMat class in the academy. Even in a large system (Palm Beach County), the County Fire Rescue Department combines both specialties along with Dive Rescue as well. I know the game is supposed to be challenging, I see this as a bigger benefit for all rather than worrying about the difficulty of the game.

• While you did acknowledge how it would impact game difficulty, ultimately I feel that that will override this. A work-around that I use for combined units is simply buying both units and naming them roughly the same thing. Ex. An engine with HazMat capabilities: Engine 3 (Fire Truck) and Engine 3 HazMat (HazMat Truck)

• It impacts game difficulty in the slightest. Pay to play affects in game difficulty more than this would in my opinion. If the developer worried about the integrity of the game difficulty, he wouldn't have had added rescue engines and quints. They have the same impact of what this suggested unit would accomplish. The part about buying two trucks to resemble one unit isn't appealing for the simple fact that those stations where special ops are, have 5-6 units. It wastes the space and money for me at least.

• I can see your point in this but I have to agree with Faolan. It would be considered a combination unit which is what our current h
    Head Administrator Sebastian is not looking towards doing. Yes a Special Ops truck would be nice to have at our disposal but unfortunately it most likely won't happen. For example, in the past I have seen several combination units brought up for suggestion by various players.

The Pumper Tanker which is a big one, Rescue Ladder, Rescue with Mobile Air capabilities, Utility that can serve as a Command Unit, I recently suggested a Heavy Rescue for Police Officers, and the list goes on and on. That being said, From a game stand point this would just make things too easy for players. This will allow them to finish more calls faster and gain more credits thus ranking up faster than designed for. The game developers would be losing money. Unless of course you are below the rank of Captain then none of these would be available but still for those Captain and above this would be a major advantge to take.

If any or all of these listed combination units were to be created no one would want to buy a Type 1 & 2 Engine, Platform Ladder, Command Unit, Heavy Rescue, Tanker, Utility, Mobile Air, Hazmat, Boats, etc. Because the combination units would just simply take over all those roles and everyone would be able to "beat the system".

The game is supposed to be as realistic as possible but unfortunately there's some things we have to sacrifice.

• If that philosophy were true, then they wouldn't have put the two combination units they have currently. As to finishing calls faster, I say not true. It would shave the same time off if a Heavy Rescue and a Hazmat unit were on scene together. It may shave a couple mins of response time, but now we're getting to a point in which does it truly make the game easier if all it is doing is shaving off mins of response time? As for losing money, wouldn't that same philosophy work for the rescue engine and quint already in game? People would have to use coins until Captain rank to obtain it so it's not missing out on people not buying coins.

As for the other units suggested, None of which would serve the same operational purpose. Even if a Special Ops is implemented, personnel still would have to go through training in the academy. For these others, it is literally taking away purposes of other rigs and replacing them. I know the developer treats the US version like a red headed step child, but c'mon. There are many things that are common knowledge (Fire Service) problems that arise and pointed out that refused to even be taken into consideration. Increasing the staffing levels on the Heavy Rescue and platform, technical rescue courses, and the list goes on.

• The Rescue Engine, Quints, and Heavy Rescue w/Boats were allowed but the devs do not want anymore combination units at this present moment that I know of. That's been made clear to us all. Who knows what the future holds though.

Yes it would time away from calls. If I replaced all my Type 1 & 2 Engines and Heavy Rescues with Rescue Engines, All my Platform Trucks with Quints, all my Hazmat Trucks and Boats with your Special Ops Truck Proposal, I'd have more combined Units and serve more purposes all together compared to dispatching non combined units needing more response time and call time.

If you sent an engine and truck to a call compared to sending two quints the two quints will be more effective. Double the purpose which technically would be two engines and two trucks all together. See where I am going with this?

And yes it would take money away. Other than spending coins you would cheat the game more with gaining more credits from having access to all these combination units thus not needing to buy coins when in a pinch cause you wouldn't be in a pinch from having all the credits you wanted. I buy coins from time to time so I can expand my locations. If I had all these combination units then I wouldn't need to buy coins to continue I'd be filthy rich and have no issues. It would be too easy. The way it is now presents a challenge and the coins not only help us in a pinch but in turn help pay the devs for the game.

And yes, people under Captain wouldn't have the combination unit luxury unless they bought coins. But after they reach Captain then it would be an easy streak from there.

My main point here, If we had all these combination units then no one would have financial issues as it would make the game easier strategically, financially for players, promotion ranking, and wouldn't be challenging at all. The calls would be way too easy.

Oh and I forgot the Engine/Ambulance. If that were implemented then all fire/ems stations would be easy as well you wouldn't need to wait. All you'd have is them.

• I’m not going to say it won’t happen but it definitely won’t be a unit that gets added in the near future, as other players have said, if we were to add all the different combination units then it would render the base units useless. As I said though, I am not going to say it won’t happen.

• It impacts game difficulty in the slightest. Pay to play affects in game difficulty more than this would in my opinion. If the developer worried about the integrity of the game difficulty, he wouldn't have had added rescue engines and quints. They have the same impact of what this suggested unit would accomplish. The part about buying two trucks to resemble one unit isn't appealing for the simple fact that those stations where special ops are, have 5-6 units. It wastes the space and money for me at least.

I heart the developer wasn't really happy about adding the Rescue Engines and the Quints to the game in the first place by the same reasons he won't add the Engine Tanker

• They were in cause they were constantly requested. After that I believe he didn't want any more combination units.

• No one forced him to put combo units in the game. He controls what goes in. If he didn't want them going in, they wouldn't be in.

While nobody forced him to put it in, when you run a game of any sort, you add what people want, or people don't play. While it is his game, it's obvious that he adds the things that we want to see, not just whatever he wants. While you do draw a line at some point of things you put in, you have t o meet the players halfway, else they'll go elsewhere and the game is over. I believe the rescue engine and quint are the halfway point. He didn't want combo units, we did and he met us halfway with some combo units

I play in SoCal, North East Avalon in Newfoundland, and lately been trying out Toronto, because, why not?

I also make graphics for all my stations and areas. Interested? Hit me up, I might be able to help you out

• No one forced him to put combo units in the game. He controls what goes in. If he didn't want them going in, they wouldn't be in.

I'm glad to know that you know more than anybody else here
    Perhaps you could tell me how much does the 27th station cost, I want to know :D

• While nobody forced him to put it in, when you run a game of any sort, you add what people want, or people don't play. While it is his game, it's obvious that he adds the things that we want to see, not just whatever he wants. While you do draw a line at some point of things you put in, you have t o meet the players halfway, else they'll go elsewhere and the game is over. I believe the rescue engine and quint are the halfway point. He didn't want combo units, we did and he met us halfway with some combo units

Understandable. I'm trying to understand the logic of those who disagree when the dev has made exceptions already in the past.

• This thread is starting to get out of hand. I will repeat what I said a few posts up and then I will be locking the topic.

“I’m not going to say it won’t happen but it definitely won’t be a unit that gets added in the near future, as other players have said, if we were to add all the different combination units then it would render the base units useless. As I said though, I am not going to say it won’t happen.“

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!