New Fire Apparatus Suggestions?

• what i see is that some of the departments i have say Denver fire department they dont have any tankers but because of the larger missions i have to have a tanker to deal with this i think that ether make it to turn off certain units from calls IE the tanker or have the engine tanker because forcing us to play unrealistically is not fun

• So far that;s what I've done haha. Do you think Sebastian would include it if a petition was made for it? Just curious...

I thi k we’ve made it clear that players want it. The reality is the combination units make the game far easier. Trust me gentlemen I’m with you. I’d LOVE to see the unit added, but I don’t think it’ll happen. Now lets get this thread back on track. Any new units you’d like to see? Please don’t bring up brush trucks at the moment we’ve beat that to death :)

• I think I've beat that to death myself in the forums haha!

Honestly, Canteen Unit? Could serve as a support for emergency responders on scene. If you had a fire take place from afternoon throughout the night and had an engine company there the entire time without bringing in a replacement company they'd get very tired. I am aware some departments have water and MRE meals on their trucks but this would be interesting and quite amusing.

• We have rescue ambulance on a list of potential future updates. We can revisit the idea of wild land firefighting, although bulldozers and fire helicopters are primarily west coast assets in the United States

What would the Rescue Ambulance do that the regular Ambulance cannot? Curious.

• rescue medics would be able to count as rescues i would believe and i think that bulldozers should be an expansion and then the fire helicopters having their own station and u get lager wild land fires with those certain units maybe even a mud slide or something i know they used them done in So Cal when there was the mud slides. I've also thought maybe about medic squads would be like a utility and fly car added together that would be cool. Also what about police rescues be like a heavy rescue but for the police

• I’ll say here what I have said in another thread about this, I completely see where players are coming from with this unit, yes it is true that the Dev isn’t the biggest fan of combo units as he wants to give the game some form of difficulty.

This doesn’t mean they won’t be added in the future and we know players want them, in the near future I can’t see them being added however give it some time and maybe they will find themselves being part of a larger update.

• I have brought up the engine tanker too
    I would love to have this vehicle in the game since here at Portugal many fire departments have these vehicles around the country, and some look really cool
    But it's clear that the Devs don't want to make the game too easy and I must agree with them, some players would use and abuse this vehicle, but I can also see some players building real stations with real units want this but...You know :/

• Alright everyone, I asked Sebastian again about Engine/Tankers and here is his response. Forgive the blacked-out section, I didnt want to spoil a new update coming soon! :) Just a reminder, if anyone on the moderation team tries to push a discussion forward, or discourages something, it is not us flexing our “power”. Rather, we are most likely providing the same answer that has been given several times before in earlier discussions on the same topic. All of us moderators are fellow gameplayers who want to see the game succeed with new updates and features just as much as you all.

• Alright everyone, I asked Sebastian again about Engine/Tankers and here is his response. Forgive the blacked-out section, I didnt want to spoil a new update coming soon! :) Just a reminder, if anyone on the moderation team tries to push a discussion forward, or discourages something, it is not us flexing our “power”. Rather, we are most likely providing the same answer that has been given several times before in earlier discussions on the same topic. All of us moderators are fellow gameplayers who want to see the game succeed with new updates and features just as much as you all.

With how I read his response, It sounds to me he isn't fully against the idea. I can see why he doesn't want the game to be too easy. Perhaps this could be a Combination Unit for the Staff Captain or Battalion Chief rank for higher up players or just up the cost? Or even having a limit to how many we can have.

If it was implemented have it so that the Engine Tanker doesn't have the same response time to a call while on scene. Or take all the Combination Units response times and double it giving us a challenge of not completing calls as fast.

Hey, I'll be the first one to say these calls are way too easy. I'll be the first to request a challenge. One of the mods before told us all we'd all have to make some sacrifices? Well why not sacrifice the response times to complete calls? And as well as try to work on a Units response time on route to a call. For Example: I know dang well it does not take 6 seconds for an Engine or Quint to get to a scene that's 100 feet away from it's location.

If he agreed to this Unit I am sure we'd all agree to sacrificing response times to a lot of things or have it only available to a higher rank which would encourage players to want to play more. Rather than have all New Combination Units unlocked at Captain, Have them step by step and the higher you go up the more you unlock thus presenting a challenge. If they want it bad enough they can do what I said and work for it or pay coins. Hell, I personally would spend 50 coins alone for this Unit. On a weekly basis I either spend 10.99 or 5.99 or even more to newer Fire Stations, Bay Extensions, Water Rescue Extensions, Training completions, EMS, ARFF, etc. The list goes on and on and on.

My main point, if Sebastian could compromise for this Engine Tanker Combination Unit and double our response times, Make this available to a higher rank than Captain, Possibly have this Unit cost a little bit more, Maybe make us do some sort of Training for it, I am sure all players would agree to sacrifice all what was listed here.

If you have time you could even show him my message. He'd be very surprised what players are willing to sacrifice to change in exchange for things.

• Say like 1 ET for every 5 stations allowed. So it wouldn't make things too easy. Honestly I would only need 3 or 4 of them and have the rest as Tankers to keep my Departments realistic. I don't want a whole stinking fleet of them. Just like I don't want a ton of RE's and Quints. The majority of my trucks are Engines. This would just be a bit of a help to keep a sense of realism but limiting them to the amount of stations one would have would definitely still give us a challenge.

• I personally don't see a need to have these units for myself, however they are a good part of quite a few fire departments so I'd definitely consider adding them with limitations.

if they are worried about the "game" becoming to easy all they have to do is extend call times. Example: make a 3 minuet call 6 minutes.

The other point raised here is a longer response/call times. I do not agree that they should be changed significantly, it is a game and has to be fun and engaging, waiting a full hour for a large fire to be put out is not my idea of fun, sorry. (I make an assumption there, and I'm sure that that's not what most of you are pushing for.)

Remember this is a game, please treat it as so up to some extent.

• Yes it is a game but I and quite a few others find it too easy. Not talking about an hour long call. Not by far. We are just pointing out that we're willing to make some sacrifices in response times and limitations etc in exchange to compromise for this particular unit. We don't want the game to be too easy but we also don't want it to be too hard either. A challenge would be great though. A challenging game is a good game. The more you add the more challenging it should be to an extent.

• Yes it is a game but I and quite a few others find it too easy. Not talking about an hour long call. Not by far. We are just pointing out that we're willing to make some sacrifices in response times and limitations etc in exchange to compromise for this particular unit. We don't want the game to be too easy but we also don't want it to be too hard either. A challenge would be great though. A challenging game is a good game. The more you add the more challenging it should be to an extent.

If you want a challenge you could put most of your units out of service and make a few of them run around :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!