Upgrade Fire Trucks

• having returned to the game after a long absence I am finding it extremely frustrating having to save up to replace all my normal engines with rescue engines and having to re org graphics as they are in the real world for my area. This has got me thinking as in the real world when appliances with cutting gear became more common my brigade and strathclyde fire both retrofitted older aplliances, this would provide a handy game option to help people out and allow seemless transition.

• having returned to the game after a long absence I am finding it extremely frustrating having to save up to replace all my normal engines with rescue engines and having to re org graphics as they are in the real world for my area. This has got me thinking as in the real world when appliances with cutting gear became more common my brigade and strathclyde fire both retrofitted older aplliances, this would provide a handy game option to help people out and allow seemless transition.

Bit of a pointless moan, reorganizing graphics takes 5 seconds. Please also bear in mind that this is a game, you'll have to save up for upgrading all your units, i'd have assumed that this would just be accepted.

• Bit of a pointless moan, reorganizing graphics takes 5 seconds. Please also bear in mind that this is a game, you'll have to save up for upgrading all your units, i'd have assumed that this would just be accepted.

not really a " pointless moan" and more of a suggestion for improvement thankyou for the attitude, the graphics I use are individual and can take some time to sort out. Besides this the layout I have is over a large area and will take an EXTREMELY long time to replace completely. The idea I was proposing would be an option to pay the difference between a type 1/2 and a rescue engine to allow an upgrade of pre existing kit

• You're welcome for the attitude,
    This is the problem a large setup takes, a large amount of organisation and management, this is sort of the challenge of the game. You are going to have to accept the challenge if you want to keep your setup up to date. A more general and useful idea would be to have a mass vehicle replacement option or something of a similar nature. Just something for type 1/2 to rescue engine seems a little unnecessary.

• To be honest I actually like this idea. Fire departments all over the world use their older outdated apparatus to trade in on newer pieces of equipment with more functionality all the time.

My old department just recently traded in a full since Engine and a Mini pumper/rescue on a full size, brand new Rescue Pumper.

Now I'm not saying we should be able to use multiple units like that but like the OP was trying to get across, a system where we can take say a Type 1 engine and upgrade it to a Rescue Engine for the difference in price or something reasonable would be a great addition to the game mechanics.

• Then if we were able to do that with a Type 1 then there'd be no sense in having the Rescue Engine and Quint combination units set to be unlocked at Captain. Wouldn't be fair to the players who waited so long to unlock them.

I am on board for this but in a different aspect like quicker response time at calls or more crew room or something on that order.

• I don't quite see the point in upgrading a truck from Type 1 to Rescue Engine. It doesn't really work that way, so even in real life the department would have to get rid of the old truck and purchase the new one. Maybe I missing something here, but I don't see why deleting the engine and spending 19K on a Rescue Engine or Quint is such an issue. Especially since you can get 19,000 in no time by the time those trucks are unlocked.

• I don't quite see the point in upgrading a truck from Type 1 to Rescue Engine. It doesn't really work that way, so even in real life the department would have to get rid of the old truck and purchase the new one. Maybe I missing something here, but I don't see why deleting the engine and spending 19K on a Rescue Engine or Quint is such an issue. Especially since you can get 19,000 in no time by the time those trucks are unlocked.

in real life my station and service (scottish fire and rescue) have had numerous appliances past and present go for refurbishment to bring them up to date. Have a read of this article to see about how our "retro-pumps" came to be http://www.graemekirkwood.co.uk/SFB/RPL.htm

• Then if we were able to do that with a Type 1 then there'd be no sense in having the Rescue Engine and Quint combination units set to be unlocked at Captain. Wouldn't be fair to the players who waited so long to unlock them.

I am on board for this but in a different aspect like quicker response time at calls or more crew room or something on that order.

Not necessarily, they would still be locked until reaching the rank of captain. I'm looking at it as an easier way to change out units once you reach that rank.

I don't quite see the point in upgrading a truck from Type 1 to Rescue Engine. It doesn't really work that way, so even in real life the department would have to get rid of the old truck and purchase the new one. Maybe I missing something here, but I don't see why deleting the engine and spending 19K on a Rescue Engine or Quint is such an issue. Especially since you can get 19,000 in no time by the time those trucks are unlocked.

It works just like taking your car to the dealership and trading it in on another. I have been through the process several time as a truck captain in my former endeavors. You are correct in saying that it does not take you much time to earn the 19k to purchase one and just delete the one you want to replace, but some people just may not want to do that and just looking at this as an easier time saving option.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!