New way of measuring stations and Units

• I'm new here on the forums but I've been playing for a while. One think I've always found frustrating is the lack of compatibility that exists sometimes between real departments and mission chief requirements. For Example: the cruise ship sinking. It requires 15 Rescue stations, which makes some sense because the game would assume that at that point one would have enough ambo's to handle the call. However, in my alliance I'm San Francisco Fire Department. They run all 16 of their ALS Ambulances through one ambulance station, which causes me to have a dilemma. I want to be realistic, but I also want to get more calls. I would easily have the possibility to clear the call with that one ambulance station, but in the games eyes, by just having one rescue station I'm unable to clear the call.

The same problem exists with regular fire calls. The game assumes I only have 1 Engine per station, when In reality I might have 3 or 4 in one. If the requirements were changed from station numbers to unit numbers then it would allow for much more realistic play.

Does anyone else think the same? Any revisions you would make to my idea?

• I'm new here on the forums but I've been playing for a while. One think I've always found frustrating is the lack of compatibility that exists sometimes between real departments and mission chief requirements. For Example: the cruise ship sinking. It requires 15 Rescue stations, which makes some sense because the game would assume that at that point one would have enough ambo's to handle the call. However, in my alliance I'm San Francisco Fire Department. They run all 16 of their ALS Ambulances through one ambulance station, which causes me to have a dilemma. I want to be realistic, but I also want to get more calls. I would easily have the possibility to clear the call with that one ambulance station, but in the games eyes, by just having one rescue station I'm unable to clear the call.

The same problem exists with regular fire calls. The game assumes I only have 1 Engine per station, when In reality I might have 3 or 4 in one. If the requirements were changed from station numbers to unit numbers then it would allow for much more realistic play.

Does anyone else think the same? Any revisions you would make to my idea?

I know it is not the perfect fix for the ambulance, but you could get the required extra numbers of rescue stations through the extension to the fire stations, last time I checked, this does count towards the number of rescue stations as a whole.

With regards to setup, I can only suggest that you expand into different regions, or duplicate buildings. It does raise the interesting question of whether getting calls should be down to the prevalence of vehicles and not stations.

• The way the requirements are done is if a mission has the potential to spawn 10 casualties then it will require 5 rescue stations to spawn, this is because we assume that people will most likely at least have 2 vehicles per station. As for the issue with the amount of buildings that you have in your area, I agree with me181, I would either expand into another area or buy ambulance stations at every fire station.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!