Negative Feedback for Facebook Page

• Why is it every time I see an update for Missionchief on Facebook someone has to be so negative? I'm half tempted to say something but don't wanna start anything. With what he's saying I may be the one he's talking about last time cause I did say something theb. Some people need to be greatful instead of being negative pricks. Use your mind and offer "Constructive Criticism" for your negative feedback not just be a straight prick about it.

• To play devil's advocate here,

If everyone was grateful about every update they didn't agree with, then there wouldn't be room for "Constructive Criticism". There will always be a balance of positive and negative feedback when there are middle men between consumer and developer.

• To play devil's advocate here,

If everyone was grateful about every update they didn't agree with, then there wouldn't be room for "Constructive Criticism". There will always be a balance of positive and negative feedback when there are middle men between consumer and developer.

There is a borderline to constructive criticism and constant negativity. There is no need for Constant Negativity on EVERY single update.

• One of the hallmarks of leadership is knowing that no matter what you do, around 50% of your constituents will be unhappy with the decision. We as the moderators appreciate feedback, and expect negative commentary and disagreement. However, if players want to see things changed, they must be respectful in their approach.

Speaking for myself here, I respect people who respect me, and the inverse also applies.

Now, to the idea of us being “middle men”, we have over 1,000 members on this forum, and one developer who is not fluent in English. The Moderation Team works to weed out ideas that can be incorporated into the bigger picture of updates, and also prioritizes ideas, while submitting them to the developer. Sometimes Sebastian does not agree with an idea because there could be a loophole where something could be taken advantage of, and ultimately he has the final say in what will be implemented into the game.

• One of the hallmarks of leadership is knowing that no matter what you do, around 50% of your constituents will be unhappy with the decision. We as the moderators appreciate feedback, and expect negative commentary and disagreement. However, if players want to see things changed, they must be respectful in their approach.

Speaking for myself here, I respect people who respect me, and the inverse also applies.

Now, to the idea of us being “middle men”, we have over 1,000 members on this forum, and one developer who is not fluent in English. The Moderation Team works to weed out ideas that can be incorporated into the bigger picture of updates, and also prioritizes ideas, while submitting them to the developer. Sometimes Sebastian does not agree with an idea because there could be a loophole where something could be taken advantage of, and ultimately he has the final say in what will be implemented into the game.

Well said Sir.

• I’m not going to lie from a personal stand point it does disappoint me to see some of the comments on the Facebook page. I see negative comments on there but at the same time I don’t see those same people giving constructive comments not only on the Facebook but on here as well. It’s ok saying you don’t like something, there is nothing wrong with that but then not saying anything to help doesn’t benefit anyone.

About the middle men thing, as Letsgohope said our job is not as simple as that. We don’t just sit here passing ideas to him. He is not a native English speaker and often things need explaining to him as google translate doesn’t always make it understandable. We also have different ideas, Sebastian knows a lot about German services but not as much about US services so some concepts seem very foreign and alien to him, we also have players from else where in the world for example there is a large player base now from the UK, there are also a lot of players from else where because they understand more English and German or Dutch.

Because of this we as moderators have to take those ideas that are posted here, make the updates work as best for those from elsewhere in the world whilst keeping it US based and then that update has to be balanced for a game and then we send it to Sebastian. Once Sebastian gets it it’s not as simple as leaving it there. He may not understand the idea fully, he may feel it’s not balanced enough for the game or he may just not like the idea.

But back to the Facebook page, unfortunately the comments on the Facebook page are the ones Sebastian sees the most and I am not going to lie we have been asked a couple of times why players don’t seem happy with the updates and we do assure him that the vast majority of players do. But that is what he sees on the Facebook. Not to speak for him but if I was him I would probably get quite fed up with just seeing constant negative feedback.

So yes I do feel that some people aren’t trying to help themselves. And no I don’t believe we are just moderators, we do a lot more behind the scenes stuff than just settling disagreements on here and passing ideas on.

• If you see a guy named Alex Klaus comment on any negative ones that would be me!

Myself and I'm sure several other appreciate the Mod team and Sebastian. The other negative comments, Just turn the other cheek lol

• There is a borderline to constructive criticism and constant negativity. There is no need for Constant Negativity on EVERY single update.

Agreed but that's the deal with freedom of speech. Positive feedback, pushback, idiots etc. I may not agree with quite a few updates, but I still have an optomistic outlook for > 3 guys on a truck :rolleyes:

• I will give you all a tip for the comments on the facebook page: DONT' READ THEM
    Seriously, it's not worth your time. If people want to share their ideas and give feedback there are forums for that, most people there are some who are never happy with any update at any given time (the bad people). There are also some decent people who always give good feedback, just not exatly in the right place.
    For a long time that I just see the updates on the FB page, read them and close it. I don't bother to read comments anymore it's nothing but a waste of time (most times anyway) ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!