Change of quarters (COQ)

• Here is a feature suggestion of mine.. Although possibly already suggested, I really consider this as a feature that everyone could benefit from!

Say for instance - you get a call to a large building fire in a particular area, resulting in you dispatching 8 fire trucks.
    This area then has no free vehicles to attend possible other fires that might occur - meaning, you either have to wait for the others to finish or make them drive far (which then makes another area without the necessary resources in the case of a fire).

In saying this, could we have a feature where we have a change of quarters (what my local service calls it, basically a temporary positioning of a truck when there is a lack of vehicles in a particular area).

So basically what would happen is.. Say you have a few stations with 2 trucks and some stations with just 1. You would then have a COQ for a truck from a 2 truck station to travel to a 1 truck station. This then means this area is better covered due to the usual trucks attending a large call.
    The temporary movement would then move back to its original station once the large fire is over and the truck is no longer required to support that area.

This is a VERY common thing where I'm from, and a lot if other places also do it. Hopefully this feature can be considered!

• Hmm, you might actually be right.

New to this game so didn't actually know that existed. You could pretty much say it's the same thing, you'd just have to position it right outside the desired station!

Although in saying that, I have just read a lot of previous posts and they all seem to mention 24hrs. Is the truck required to stay there for the entire duration? Or can it be moved to and from the staging at any time?

A little button to quickly temporarily move trucks would be handy though.. ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!