Airport/ARFF calls

• Something I'd like some input on, as hopefully I/we can make this happen - the discontinued use of standard fire trucks for simple/low risk airport based callouts.

Take my local airport for example - it does not have standard fire trucks. It has 4 ARFF panthers, a bunch of battalion style cars, and a boat. The panthers are pretty much capable of everything, hence why there is no standard fire truck at the airport.

The ARFF panthers are used for all calls within the airport fence, and can assist outside airport grounds with rare vital calls nearby. Back to the standard fire trucks... The only time where one would be used for airport duties is when a major incident occurs - some from other agencies would be called to assist the ARFF panthers and battalions.

So my question is... Could there be some airport calls where standard fire trucks are not required? For example - instead of 1 ARFF, 1 fire truck, 1 battalion for a call; it could be 2 ARFF, 1 battalion.

Could this be implemented? I know a lot, or the majority of us make our stations realistic and base them off real life services. This could be highly beneficial... :P

• I believe the reason quite a few airports don't have standard fire trucks is because there are fire stations with such vehicles in very close distance (less than 5km) to the airport - my local airport is like this.

Perhaps having a way for the game to recognize which vehicles you have at your airport station(s), and that will determine which resources you need for the basic airport calls?

But I agree, certainly worth a discussion!

• I believe the reason quite a few airports don't have standard fire trucks is because there are fire stations with such vehicles in very close distance (less than 5km) to the airport - my local airport is like this.

Perhaps having a way for the game to recognize which vehicles you have at your airport station(s), and that will determine which resources you need for the basic airport calls?

But I agree, certainly worth a discussion!

Do you mind me asking what airport you are referring to, I am referring to London Heathrow Airport. This airport also has local fire cover with 2 stations in less than a mile but it also has two dommestic tenders (one at each station), it is the highest category of airport.

Maybe we could change the Small airport requirements and then maybe put a new medium requirement in there so it’s a middle ground between large (Heathrow, LAX etc) and small airport (North Weald airfield is an example I will give from a place in my set up)

• In and airport in my little country they have Rescue Engine, Heavy Rescue, Chief, Quint, Tanker, MCV and ARFF....
    And it handles around 26 million passengers a year ....
    I think that the airport calls should need the tanker and other units... ALso we could have more calls like Airport Building Colapse..

• In my country Hartsfield-Jackson is the busiest airport. It handles 100 millions passenger every year.

100 Million passengers per year? Heathrow only gets about 70 - 85 million per year. I highly doubt that yours handles 100 million lmao

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!