1. I would like to see this feature in-game (13) 54%
    2. I would not like to see this feature in-game (1) 4%
    3. I would like it to be a paid feature and work half-yearly (0) 0%
    4. I would like it to be paid and work yearly (2) 8%
    5. I would like it to be free but only available yearly (4) 17%
    6. I would like it to be free but only available half-yearly (2) 8%
    7. I have never needed or wanted this / this would not affect me (1) 4%
    8. I have wanted this in game at some point / this would help me (1) 4%

I have recently come back to playing regular MC after staying on LLS for a fair while, whilst waiting for updates to MC that meant I could play the way I wanted again. Now that MC has been updated in this way (new units etc), I find myself in a bit of a pickle. My issue is that in order to renovate my area I would need to spend a lot of coins or even more credits just replacing old units that are no longer necessary / realistic.

In an (my) ideal world, I would be able to contact the DEV and say "Hey, can you liquidise my ENTIRE setup on MC back into the coins and credits I spent on it originally, and let me organise my area from scratch. No 75% losses or sneaky gains etc. Just a straight 1 to 1 transfer, and then I can replace my stations and buy the units I need (with the coins / credits I originally paid or played to get to begin with). This would also allow players to re-start in another area without losing the progress into the game which they have worked for a long time to achieve. This could potentially help alliances if a player in Scotland wanted to work with other alliance members, but in order to do so needed to relocate to the midlands etc...

I understand that there have been similar issues raised regarding how this could be used for cheating - if there is a way to safeguard against this then that would be grand. And I think potentially a time-limit on it, and making it a paid option, might be the best way to solve that. But also - I got myself thinking if I was the DEV, would I really want a thousand requests from people every day about this etc...

I was wondering if the following would be possible (even if time-consuming to originally set up):

A button in the profile settings that may only be activated once a year, which adds up everything you've spend credits and coins wise, and wipes your entire setup whilst refunding the credits and coins to your account. One, or maybe two screens to confirm you want to do that, and once done, there would be no way back, and a disclaimer stating something like " I know that I am going to wipe my setup and will be refunded with in-game money only, and that no currencies other than credits and coins that I have already used myself will be returned to me".

The button pressed once a year thing prevents :

A) Requests being sent to the DEV, as it ca all be done in code ...
    B) Cheating by repeatedly moving stations etc ...
    C) People moaning after new updates come out that they need to re-start things or delete things with no refund etc.

The idea of making it a once per account button crossed my mind, and I think perhaps that would work better as a "this is free to do once per account, after that you pay maybe £5.00 or equivalent in other currencies" thing, so that it makes money to do but still gets limited to maybe once every 6 months if it's paid for etc.

I've added a poll - please do have a think - If you have any other ideas that I like, or worries or concerns that are substantial, I shall add them to the main post as a quote to help inform others.

• Spend so much both ways, a year later get back all in return then build more again and spend here and there and repeat the process and you'll get more each year so you didn't have to complete the calls and work for it. It'd be right there handed to you. You'd be surprised how much you can get by doing this. Not stating out of experience cause I have none but that's what I'd do IF I were to work the system but that's not the case.

I can see how this can be abused. I like it but I can see how this would be worked.

• More than a time frame, I would say limit to 1-2 "re-starts" per account. That gives you three chances to get the area you want to do and if not, you have to do it the old fashioned way of buying coins. Additionally I would limit this power to premium. Gives more incentive for individuals to get premium while at the same time potentially making more money for the developer.

• While it's a good idea in theory, I get the abused thing too. Not only could you use it to speed up areas, but you could also end up 'selling' your account to someone new. Whether it's an actual exchange of money, or whatever, there could be a chance that you could sell off your account with that. Done with the game? Sure, I'll sell everything I have, give it to someone new, so they don't have to unlock all the things like Quints and Rescue Engines, and they'll have a few million (or tens or hundreds of millions) to play with to start off, not to mention the coins. It is crappy when you want to start over, but not from scratch, but I get why Sebastian is weary of it too.

I play in SoCal, North East Avalon in Newfoundland, and lately been trying out Toronto, because, why not?

I also make graphics for all my stations and areas. Interested? Hit me up, I might be able to help you out

• While it's a good idea in theory, I get the abused thing too. Not only could you use it to speed up areas, but you could also end up 'selling' your account to someone new. Whether it's an actual exchange of money, or whatever, there could be a chance that you could sell off your account with that. Done with the game? Sure, I'll sell everything I have, give it to someone new, so they don't have to unlock all the things like Quints and Rescue Engines, and they'll have a few million (or tens or hundreds of millions) to play with to start off, not to mention the coins. It is crappy when you want to start over, but not from scratch, but I get why Sebastian is weary of it too.

Can't you do the same without this suggested implementation though? As far as I know there is not a way to prevent someone from selling their account now and then starting over with a new email. I would like to think the suggested idea would help curve that very issue while letting well developed players have a re-start button if they get tired of a particular area. Just playing devil's advocate.

• My experience: Yesterday i had to move all my stations because i changed alliance. I had to buy coins only to move my stations and i didn't like it because i could have spent that money for upgrading instead just for moving my stuff. A re-start button would be awesome

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!