Combination Units

• What your position on Combination Units 21

1. I like them (12) 57%
    2. i wish more would be added (10) 48%
    3. I don't like them (4) 19%
    4. I don't like them but I use them (1) 5%
    5. I like them but I don't use them (0) 0%

I wanted to throw this out there whats your personal opinion on Combination units.
    In my personal opinion combo units suck because the calls they get sent to take longer to clear.
    What I mean is let's say there is a roof fire call and you send 1 quint 2 Type 1's and 1 Battalion Chief it would take longer because its 21 firefighters.
    If you sent 3 Type 1's 1 Platform and 1 Battalion Chief you would have 24 firefighters on scene.
    People in my alliance says the more people you have on scene the faster the call go

• While yes, more people equals faster clear time, I've also found that more engine-capable trucks also clear the calls rather quickly. Though I personally like the units for realism. Part of my area runs a LOT of combination units and I like to be able to set stations up as realistically as I can regardless of how long it takes to clear a call.

• I'll echo Faolan. It's hard to play a lot of locations realistically in the US. Without the current combo units, and ones we don't have. For example, a ton of major US cities run "city service" ladders which carry standard rescue tools for MVCs, etc... I return they may only have 1 maybe 2 heavy rescues for 30 plus stations.

• Agreed. Combination Special Ops truck (HazMat + Heavy Rescue) is found among many department who can't afford both stand alone teams. I see both side of the fences but I would stagger the combo units drastically if people are worried about difficulty. Quint/RE at Captain, newer combo units get added each promotion of rank. That way if people aren't that rank, the developer can still make money if they so choose to buy those units with coins.

• I like that idea Broward. Gives the players a challenge and something to look forward to.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!