Tractor fire expanding into harvester fire...

• The '...' pretty much summarises it up.

Missions like the burning motorbike have the chance of upgrading to a garage fire - which is understandable as the bike could quite possibly be parked in a garage.

But a tractor upgrading to a harvester? Like what the... How is that possible? I am sure people know the difference between a tractor and a harvester. I just wonder how a fire can upgrade like this. Does the tractor magically turn into a harvester? Or does the fire supposedly spread to a nearby harvester? - if that is the case, then it should expand into a 'farm machinery fire'.

If I am completely missing something here, then feel free to comment below. But as it stands... This mission certainly leaves me a little confused ?( ?(

• In my opinion this evolution of the mission can be justified by the fact that many times the caller does not give correct information or omits some details, I am an ambulance driver and dozens of times it happened to receive a call for an emergency and arrived at the emergency location find a completely different one

• You're right, When the person reports the incident to the 911 operator, they are not 100% correct or they are not in the area of the incident. I have seen this happened more then likey that person is very stupid because even though they notice a fire, they are always not right. But thats how life works haha. But when the fire department gets onscene they will advise the dispatcher the correct information but it makes it 10 times more worse because we do not know whats going on till we get onscene.

Captain
    April 14, 2016 02:56
    17,954,548 earned Credits

Ret. Alliance Chief of Fire Operations

• The most incredible time was one morning in winter when we were alerted for an highway accident, our dispatch told us it was a light accident and they sent us in code 2, when we arrived we found a truck overturned, with 2 injured,the truck was transporting water bottles that had broken up and the highway was turned in an ice road, we immediately called another ambulance, an ALS car and firefighters, 2 injured in code 2 and highway closed for hours ... it was a light accident...

• This is a more minor example, but I find it moderately funny. We were once dispatched to an overturned tractor-trailer off the roadway. When we requested what he was hauling we were told 60,000 pounds of unknown substance. We put area HAZMAT on standby, but we’re then informed it was a cement truck. We expected to arrive to find liquid concrete spilled all over the roadway, but instead found a rolled flatbed loader hauling prefabricated SLABS on concrete instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!