Service Radius

• Could it be possible to adjust the radius in which your station operates? For Example, in some areas, one larger fire station covers a large area whereas in other lots of fire stations cover small areas. If we could adjust the area (to a certain extent) then we could have a station realistically represent an area.

• Could it be possible to adjust the radius in which your station operates? For Example, in some areas, one larger fire station covers a large area whereas in other lots of fire stations cover small areas. If we could adjust the area (to a certain extent) then we could have a station realistically represent an area.

You can modify your "maximum distance from vehicle" when you open a call

• If I set it to 400km a incident won't spawn 400 km away from the station though. I'm referring to a visual representation of an area in which calls will spawn.

For example:
    http://prntscr.com/ll9z2x

I could have one station which spawns calls in this area up to those boundaries as opposed to 5, because in real life, there is only 1 Station which services that entire area.

Oh sorry, i didn't undestand you were talking about calls spawn

• If I set it to 400km a incident won't spawn 400 km away from the station though. I'm referring to a visual representation of an area in which calls will spawn.

For example:
    http://prntscr.com/ll9z2x

I could have one station which spawns calls in this area up to those boundaries as opposed to 5, because in real life, there is only 1 Station which services that entire area.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely it'll change, it could be open to exploitation so I suspect the Dev wouldn't approve judging by his previous comments on stuff like this. That said it'd be something i'd definitely approve of.

• Maybe they could cap it at a certain size but I see no exploitation options really. A greater radius would only increase response times therefore increasing the difficultly for a player. Decreasing the radius would make for lower response times but with less included POI's. They could cap a minimum value if they so desired - personally I intend to use it to increase the radius so my town can be covered by one larger station with calls happening everywhere within the town, rather than having to have multiple stations to cover every corner.

• I was wondering about service area selection as well but more so on boundaries of state lines. I have a station right on the state line. The states are divided by a river. In real life each side of the river is covered by different fire dept of course. In the game I'm getting calls on both sides of the river and have to travel 8 minutes to a bridge in order to get to the call. So although the call is only about 2 min from station it takes like 16 minutes to arrive to call due to having to go to bridge. It would be nice to set service area to avoid this from happening.

• I've seen a lot of good suggestions like this one. The developer usually denies it, because in some way, it could possibly be used to some people's advantage. I've mentioned this before, but I think it would be nice, to in the future have like a 'sandbox' mode. In that mode the player would be put in a 'solo' session. In that mode, the player could have almost complete control over the game. (With that, it might be easier to convert into a downloadable game to ease the load on the game servers)

• saved warrior is right, they usually deny It, i have argued it before on here, they claim calls spawn in a 6 mile radius from a station (normal calls not POI) but i say thats wrong, i have played for years and i have never had a call spawn more than 1.5 miles from my station unless i used a poi. its nuts, maybe they are confused and only the german version has a 6 mile radius.

• Our job as moderators is to moderate between the developer and the players. When this issue was raised we contacted the developer who told us that they spawn calls up to 6 miles away. In one of the many threads you bumped you can see an example of a call more than 2 miles away, and in some of the thread that you chose not to bump you see people talking and sometimes complaining about police calls that have spawned several miles away from their police station.

• Our job as moderators is to moderate between the developer and the players. When this issue was raised we contacted the developer who told us that they spawn calls up to 6 miles away. In one of the many threads you bumped you can see an example of a call more than 2 miles away, and in some of the thread that you chose not to bump you see people talking and sometimes complaining about police calls that have spawned several miles away from their police station.

well there is alot more threads on here of people saying calls dont spawn far... everyone says they only spawn with 2-5 km. thats only a max of 3 miles.

• well there is alot more threads on here of people saying calls dont spawn far... everyone says they only spawn with 2-5 km. thats only a max of 3 miles.

While I feel your frustration, it's very difficult to address your problems when you're jumping around between several different threads and you're much less likely to get the attention you want.

It is a point worth raising that the call radius for non-POI based calls is rather small and I'd rather make sure that the original response was clarified with Sebastian as the first response doesn't seem to be holding up that well against the current presentation.

• Here’s an example of a distance call. The icons on the left are fire stations, the police icon by the mission is an alliance jail (which doesn’t spawn calls), and the icons on the right are my fire and police academies (which do not spawn calls). The approximate distance from the nearest fire station to the mission is 6.4 miles (roughly 10 kilometers).

• Here’s an example of a distance call. The icons on the left are fire stations, the police icon by the mission is an alliance jail (which doesn’t spawn calls), and the icons on the right are my fire and police academies (which do not spawn calls). The approximate distance from the nearest fire station to the mission is 6.4 miles (roughly 10 kilometers).

Just out of interest, was it from a POI?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!