Ontario, Canada map setup.

• Hi everyone,

Question, who here has a setup or is in progress of a set up for ontario, Canada?

The problem I am currently facing is mostly for EMS. I am finding it quite difficult in locating ALS/BLS units in each station. I can find real EMS stations through Google or radio reference or city on websites but none will tell me which station has an ALS or BLS unit assigned to it.

How does one find this information? Has anyone ever had this issue or do you just make it up on your own accord?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

• This is a slight advertisement. But we have a Admin that has been building a significant portion of the Ontario region (focusing in on Mississauga down to Niagara.) If you join the alliance then join the discord he can help you out I’m sure of it! (He builds fully realistic no exceptions)

Worldwide Dispatch Services

• Hey Mike,

In all honesty, a lot of the Paramedic Services are using more of a hub and spoke model (Reporting/Satellite station setup) now. Meaning that ambulances will go into the big reporting station for cleaning and restock.

Paramedics report to the reporting stations for work, are assigned a vehicle then get told which station to go to afterwards. Making it an actually impossible to assign vehicles to stations. Same with ALS / BLS / Response Units etc

Details on this structure are available here (from Peel Paramedic Association).

https://www.peelparamedics.ca/system-design/

Unlike Fire Apparatus, even in a station-based deployment situation, vehicles are move very often by Logistics teams so assigning vehicles to each station still becomes a very difficult task.

Toronto Paramedic Service has recently opened a new 01 Station which is acting like the Peel Hub and Spoke model for the West Quadrants, a I believe another is planned for Scarborough for the East.

Both Halton Regional Paramedics and Hamilton Paramedics also have these large station setups (Halton uses the Woodland Operations Centre just south of Station 14 on Bronte Road and Hamilton has Station 30.

The smaller communities (Haldimand EMS, Six Nations EMS, Brant-Brantford Paramedics) have only a few stations so their vehicles generally don't move however. With that being said, I've found no real easy way of identifying which vehicle is at which station, apart from searching council reports, pictures of the station seeing if I can catch the vehicle number etc).

Myself, I've resigned myself to just making sure vehicle numbers chosen are assigned to the EMS service and making sure there are no overlaps.

A note about BLS Units, this game doesn't take into account the training that Ontario Primary Care Paramedics receive, as MissionChief considers the BLS level to be more of the EMT-Basic level of training. In addition, a some services will stock all of their trucks to ALS standards and only provide keys to ACPs or CCPs to access ALS cabinets, thus allowing an ACP/CCP to just on a PCPs truck and be able to work without impediments. In Ontario, even the smaller services are making that push to bring online ACPs into their service but that does not mean you'll always have an ACP on the same vehicle all the time. EMS in Ontario is very dynamic that way. For the purpose of the game, I've tried to maintain a 3:1 ALS:BLS ratio.

If you need anything else, please feel free to ask :)

-- EMS-Chief

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!