Help with making a Graphics Pack

• Hello Folks,

I have some free time on my hands so I figured I would make a Graphics pack for my area of Long Beach, CA. I am somewhat new to making Graphics but am using Krys's pinned Tutorial post as a reference....I have snagged myself on a problem though:

Is there a way to remove the background with more than just the Lasso tool? My hand isn't the steadiest on a keyboard so I can't easily get rid of small tiny bits of background that are close to the vehicle....So, if there is a way to get rid of those tiny leftover background pieces, I would love to know about it!

• Hello Folks,

I have some free time on my hands so I figured I would make a Graphics pack for my area of Long Beach, CA. I am somewhat new to making Graphics but am using Krys's pinned Tutorial post as a reference....I have snagged myself on a problem though:

Is there a way to remove the background with more than just the Lasso tool? My hand isn't the steadiest on a keyboard so I can't easily get rid of small tiny bits of background that are close to the vehicle....So, if there is a way to get rid of those tiny leftover background pieces, I would love to know about it!

It's extremely difficult to say, the lasso tool relies on a significant difference in colour between the car and the background. This is not always the case. I can't really give any other accurate method other than by hand, going around the vehicle and deleting the unnecessary bits.

• Hi,

I had the same issue you do, my hands are great for certain things but when I try to hold them still it's really hard, nontheless I remove my background by hand. With time I learned techniques that "fitted my hands" better than others. In your situation if you really need to remove them by hand you may want to use the rubber with a small size and zoom the image in a lot, take your time and do things right

Down here will be one of the first units I made (that I still have) just after removing the background and the car after being resized to fit the game in the size I wanted, etc

Also, if you are interested I did a timelapse video where I made an ambulance for one of my packs. You can find it here

If you need any other help on how to get started let me know
    Have a nice weekend :D

• There is an easier way without using the rubber tool:
    Program : Use "Gimp"

1) Open a Picture with Gimp.

It is not possible to have a *.jpg with transparence Background

First: A *.jpg Picture has to be transformed into a *.png picture
    EXPORT to ... your picture as *.png - do not save under ... so at last you will have a png Picture to work with.

2) Check out, Alpha Canal is activated: Under Tab "Ebene/Level" go to Point "Transparenz/transparency" - "Alphakanal hinzufügen/Add alpha channel"

3) Now use the Lasso tool to cut out your new Car. Work exactly. If u set a wrong Marker u can go back 1 Step by using "Backspace".

4) If u are ready, cut it out under "bearbeiten/edit"

5a) File - create - from clipboard

or

5b) New File- Important! Activate under "Erweiterte Einstellungen/advanced settings" - "Füllung/filling" -the point "Transparenz/transparency" and paste your new Car here

It is very easy-try it and sorry about my bad English. I hope, i can help :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!