International players

• Do you have buildings in missionchief outside of North America 21

1. Yes (11) 52%
    2. No (10) 48%

Hey all. I’m based in the US but I have noticed there seems to be a lot more players from elsewhere around the world.

I am seeing lots of new forum members from other countries outside of the us and lots of alliances for other countries.

Often we see the but it’s based in America argument from the moderation team and that’s fine but I can also see why players would get annoyed at this because English is more of a common language than German or Dutch so it makes sense to play an English version but tailoring the game to North America may restrict those players etc.

My question for the community is just how many of you are from outside of North America and how many have buildings outside of North America.

It’s great to see the playerbase growing from else where in the world, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Portugal just to name a few so since I have noticed this increase of international players and my interest about where they play from has grown. I have also attached a poll just to see how big of a percentage of the forums members have buildings outside of North America.

I know we Americans sometimes like to think we rule the world :D :D but it’s becoming more and more apparent that this game is growing in popularity internationally.

• Well I have to say I wasn’t expecting this result. I thought there were going to be a few people but the majority from North America. It’s actually been the other way round. I think this definitely demestrates the diverse playerbase of this game. It’s great to see such a diverse group of users as it makes the game interesting.

I think it does raise an important point though. The game can be set in the North america etc but for things that maybe unique to North America shouldn’t be required as it will make those who are based elsewhere struggle.

• I have been watching this thread for a little. I have to say I think it does definitely confirm what I have said recently that the international community is definitely growing.

I can’t speak on behalf of the other moderators however this does demonstrate there should be considerations on this fact and I will try to make things as fair and work for as many people from different places whilst keeping it themed to the US. As I say I will always try and raise the point of the wider audience but I can’t say that all of the moderators will or agree as I can’t speak for them.

• The admin team often decline our requests because "that kind of thing doesn't happen in the US" , but this proves that a lot of players are from other parts of the world, maybe there should be more consideration to players from around the world, not just from the US...

That’s why I started this because that phrase ***** me off. Some moderators seem to say it more than others though. I guess they are just stuck in their own bubble. As a person from the US I want everyone to be able to enjoy the game the way I do and in there local town as that what makes the game special.

I have been watching this thread for a little. I have to say I think it does definitely confirm what I have said recently that the international community is definitely growing.

I can’t speak on behalf of the other moderators however this does demonstrate there should be considerations on this fact and I will try to make things as fair and work for as many people from different places whilst keeping it themed to the US. As I say I will always try and raise the point of the wider audience but I can’t say that all of the moderators will or agree as I can’t speak for them.

I’m sure the international users would appreciate it.

Like I say I don’t want to try and start any problems, I just want this game to be the best it can be for all of the players, not just a select few because it is a good and addictive game.

• Well I have to say I wasn’t expecting this result. I thought there were going to be a few people but the majority from North America. It’s actually been the other way round. I think this definitely demestrates the diverse playerbase of this game. It’s great to see such a diverse group of users as it makes the game interesting.

I think it does raise an important point though. The game can be set in the North america etc but for things that maybe unique to North America shouldn’t be required as it will make those who are based elsewhere struggle.

Just stating the obvious, but I don't think we should be drawing conclusions on such a tiny sample of the players of this game. There are over 1,200 members of this forum and over 50,000 players. I do however agree we need to be a bit more liberal with some of the ideas, the whole 'It's not in my area' argument really isn't an option anymore.

• Just stating the obvious, but I don't think we should be drawing conclusions on such a tiny sample of the players of this game. There are over 1,200 members of this forum and over 50,000 players. I do however agree we need to be a bit more liberal with some of the ideas, the whole 'It's not in my area' argument really isn't an option anymore.

This is true. A vast majority of players are not on the forums and so the actual number would not be known. Unless Sebastian releases statistics that would be very difficult to find any statistics out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!