Thoughts on clinics

• PLEASE READ ALL, TOOK A WHILE TO MAKE :) Thank you

Now, I've just seen the Facebook post about clinics. What does everyone consider a clinic? A doctor's office?

A very large majority of the time, ambulances are needed for emergencies. This in mind, I strongly do not understand, why the ambulance would be taking a patient having a emergency, to a place where people with non-emergencies go. This makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

As mentioned in the Facebook post, clinics could house ambulances. For starters, the doctors office doesn't have ambulances, but it got me thinking. In a lot of the world, we have public (government run) and private (corporation run) hospitals. Quite a few private hospitals house their own ambulances. This could be a future expansion maybe?

As also mentioned in the Facebook post, the clinics could transport patients from clinics to hospitals. I believe there should be an option for players to say "rank" hospitals giving them levels (1 (world class) - 5 (minimum hospital)) saying how good the hospital's facilities are. Thus, a 5 hospital could have a transport mission to a 1-4 hospital, or a 3 hospital could have a mission to a 1-2 hospital etc.

Please let me know if anything did not make sense and I'll be sure to provide more info on my thoughts. I'd love to hear yours!

• So clinics is the name but they are supposed to be small town medical centres that you may find in places that are too small or rural to have a full size hospital.

The hospital level thing I personally think would over complicate the medical system. You already can build expansions to hospitals such as trauma units which would increase the level of hospital. Patient transfer missions would require one of these specialities (obviously if you don’t have them you don’t have to send them to one, you just get paid less)

• I love the thought of these medical centres, but you've got to adapt it to real life. For example, me in the UK, I'd most likely only add RRVs to them, maybe 1 ambulance, to make them realistic.

• I don't understand why they would add clinics. If they are referencing an Urgent care facility where minor injuries (nosebleed, fever, other variations on existing missions), then that would make more sense. But like JebbyJnr said, having ambulances staffed out of them would be frivolous. What I would like to see is when you do a hospital expansion, you then get to select which of the associated calls that hospital can handle. For example, most ERs can manage trauma calls. So falls, hemorrhages, cardiac and respiratory arrests (of which those last two need to be removed from the trauma requirement) could go to any hospital. But then you could mark that hospital as unavailable to the more major trauma calls. If they want to add transfers, then if a major call gets brought to a hospital that can't handle it, 10 minutes later have it pop up as a transfer to a different centre.

They also need to get more specific with the medical calls if they're going to do that. Stroke could have a variation of a Large Vein Occlusion Stroke (LVO) that needs a comprehensive stroke centre (Neurosugery), while all others can go to primary centres that have the capability (Neurology where Stroke is checked off). Add a ROSC call that cardiac arrests can turn into that needs to go to a cardiac centre verses the nearest hospital for the call that stays an arrest. COPD and CHF exacerbation could be created and so on. It would be neat to see more diverse medical calls and the same effort to create different levels of medical calls that they have shown with the fire calls.

Creator of 'Winnipeg', 'Morden Fire Department' and 'Breast Cancer Awareness (Pink)' graphic packs.
    Alliance: Can-US First Responders (CAFR)

Edited once, last by TrueNorth ().

• In my humble opinion, I dont see a use for clinics, as I'm more geared towards major cities. This new update wouldn't necessarily work for me. But for those who are working on rural areas, this might benefit them.

Maybe this could be just an option for players and not something that is required if it's going this route?

• Clinics sound like a pretty decent idea. I saw something on the post that reference having the ability to have ambulance stations at the hospitals - this feature would be really neat as I have to build a ambulance station on top of the hospital to act as the clearing area

Hi, I'm Cameron.
    I cover the operational area of the West Midlands, Guernsey, Jersey, Warwickshire, Staffordshire and the North West.

Chief Operations Manager for AllianceUK.

• In my humble opinion, I dont see a use for clinics, as I'm more geared towards major cities. This new update wouldn't necessarily work for me. But for those who are working on rural areas, this might benefit them.

Maybe this could be just an option for players and not something that is required if it's going this route?

This building wouldn’t be required and a hospital will still function the same way

Clinics sound like a pretty decent idea. I saw something on the post that reference having the ability to have ambulance stations at the hospitals - this feature would be really neat as I have to build a ambulance station on top of the hospital to act as the clearing area

That is being looked at.

• I’m all for clinics. As it said in the Facebook post. These will be a starting point for EMS. Currently EMS isn’t obtainable for new players but maybe that’s where they want to go.

I like the idea of making medical calls more complex but I do have to ask how would the call come through from dispatch. As you are a dispatcher would it come through very specific or would it say just suspected strike etc.

Also I love it when moderators who are supposed to give feedback are clearly not biased towards there own needs for the game :whistling: Sarcasm*

I HIGHLY doubt it'll be required. It's just another option for starting users to gain access to a medical facility and have a medical facility in a small town/village area. As TACRfan said, a hospital will remain exactly the same.

• This building wouldn’t be required and a hospital will still function the same way

That is being looked at.

Thank you for replying so quickly, would there be an option to migrate the ambulance stations currently built to these new "hospital ambulance stations"?

Hi, I'm Cameron.
    I cover the operational area of the West Midlands, Guernsey, Jersey, Warwickshire, Staffordshire and the North West.

Chief Operations Manager for AllianceUK.

• I'd like a temporary option to change hospitals to clinics. I've got about 7 which I would downgrade as they're only really there for speed (but not realism) and I like the more realistic aspect for lower category medical incidents. The issue is I don't want to spend 700k (or however much it may be) replacing all of these facilities.

• I'd like a temporary option to change hospitals to clinics. I've got about 7 which I would downgrade as they're only really there for speed (but not realism) and I like the more realistic aspect for lower category medical incidents. The issue is I don't want to spend 700k (or however much it may be) replacing all of these facilities.

This might be quite a difficult system as they will be different buildings and not just a smaller hospital.

• Will the alliance be able to build the clinics or just the players ???

Not at this time but potentially we can look into it in the future. The issue is alliances can’t control vehicles however this may be something to be looked at in the future, maybe alliance ambulances etc. Also this would have to be looked at before we add ambulance extensions to hospitals.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!