Bariatric Calls

• Bariatric is an interesting one. Maybe someone who is more versed in the dispatch codes can help me out but is there any identification in the dispatch codes for a bariatric patient. Maybe a B after the first number etc?

• Bariatric is an interesting one. Maybe someone who is more versed in the dispatch codes can help me out but is there any identification in the dispatch codes for a bariatric patient. Maybe a B after the first number etc?

tbh, you could just have a call titled something like "bariatric incident" or whatnot and have the codes for certain types of calls if you know what I mean.

For instance, a call titled "Bariatric incident" with a patient code of 7-D-5 for a Long fall or 2-D-4 for a Snakebite etc. Btw, these codes are from https://wiki.radioreference.co…p/Priority_Dispatch_Codes and are use pretty much universally.

• tbh, you could just have a call titled something like "bariatric incident" or whatnot and have the codes for certain types of calls if you know what I mean.
    For instance, a call titled "Bariatric incident" with a patient code of 7-D-5 for a Long fall or 2-D-4 for a Snakebite etc. Btw, these codes are from https://wiki.radioreference.co…p/Priority_Dispatch_Codes and are use pretty much universally.

Yes I know, those codes are already in the game. I was just wondering if there was a identifier for them.

• 'Larger' People would still experience the same problems as regular sized people, so could the B in the medical codes stand for Bariatric, and spawn on all calls, not just specific calls like what was suggested?

The middle letter A,B,C,D,E is the level of response required going from minor threat to life to major threat to life. For example I send two ambulances or ambulance and RRV to D calls and Two ambulances, RRV and maybe some other vehicles to E.

As for the letters that appear on the end of calls these show specific detail about the call for example 9-D-2b is obvious death questionable and the b indicates decapitation. So on calls like this potentially adding a b at the end may interfere with the actual code.

Maybe the way it could be done is a new system in the future that gives missions a chance to require bariatric ambulance once the first medical vehicle arrives on scene. This could also request a heavy rescue or engine to assist them with entry or extrication of the patient.

• There are no dispatch determinants for bariatric patients and as far as I'm aware (outside of maybe the 33 card or similar IFT cards) that the question of weight isn't even addressed. I would just maybe make two calls "Bariatric ALS or Bariatric BLS" perhaps it could even be a mission expansion. Like a 10D1 call could span a Bariatric ALS or something.

• This could also request a heavy rescue or engine to assist them with entry or extrication of the patient.

This sentence jumped right out at me... Very glad you brought it up. Two simple words - yes please! 8)

Paramedics needing assistance in safely extricating the patient happens all the time in my local area. Would back this feature 110%.

As for the bariatric side of things - I'm not too sure how the coding could be done, trying to alter it might cause a lot of headaches... I think the first unit(s) on scene requesting them (or an engine - like you said) would be best if we want to see this incorporated and fully working :thumbsup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!