Commercial Fire

• First I want to say THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE! Second, can we cut down the number of required HAZMATs to one or two? Even zero would be ok. When there is a commercial structure fire it's usually a storefront. I understand having one or two HAZMAT respond to an industrial fire, but I don't think any should roll on a commercial structure fire, certainly not three.

• A storefront can have any sort of materials inside it. A hardware store could have tons of paint or gas. A plant nursery will have fertilizer and pesticides. A pool supply shop has enough chemicals that they're required to have a hazmat placard by the front door. That's our reasoning for needing hazmat units.

I ran into a similar issue a while ago with not having enough hazmat trucks, and I was playing realistically. My solution was when I realized "my department doesn't have a dedicated hazmat unit, but we still respond to hazmat calls... we've also go another unit that doesn't have a place in the game..." So I turned that into a hazmat unit. It's not perfect, but it helps.

• you should allow normal fire trucks to do hazmat it just tajes longer to complete because I know here in Australia fire trucks have basic hazmat capabilities

Yep. Agree for that. Here at Finland we got 22 area rescue departments at whole country. HazMat unit we got at year 2014 totally 14 pieces! Why's that? >> Our basic rescue pumpers contains basic HazMat equipments, and heavy rescues contains else, what you need at the scene. Example my own area rescue department have water/chemical diving unit, but no HazMat at all, because there's no need for that. There goes lots of trains with HazMat stuff and at highways goes multiply trucks with HazMat stuffs.

But if game stuck for that: Game is US based... Keep your game.

• I agree. With my department, we provide regional Hazmat and TRT services for the whole county and we have one Hazmat truck. The rest of the county has two other hazmat rigs from different departments. Only the big city departments like Chicago, NY, etc... would have more than one Hazmat rig due to their size. The compromise to this without having to do a whole bunch on the developers side would be to train personnel on the designated engines, truck, and rescue companies to have the Hazmat certification in order to act as a Hazmat team. We run a Hazmat tractor/trailer with an engine company and a special operations battalion chief along with the nearest units to the call.

• I can agree with the previous responses. We also provide regional Hazmat and TR services for our entire region with 2 hazmat trucks. Our hazmat trucks aren't on our commercial fire response plan. We only use our hazmat unit for spills, CO calls because of the meters they carry, etc. There is nothing on a hazmat truck needed for a commercial fire that your initial responding companies don't have.

• I can agree with the previous responses. We also provide regional Hazmat and TR services for our entire region with 2 hazmat trucks. Our hazmat trucks aren't on our commercial fire response plan. We only use our hazmat unit for spills, CO calls because of the meters they carry, etc. There is nothing on a hazmat truck needed for a commercial fire that your initial responding companies don't have.

OK cool! Can you relay this to the dev then? I don't want to keep waiting for additional hazmats from my alliance to roll for almost an hour before getting a mission done (provided they're even online)

• Interesting that this was updated almost immediately! If only this was done with much of the other requests players ask for, this game would be more popular.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but the game has been getting much more frequent updates since you were kicked out. Maybe some of the blame is on you?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!