Cancel off Fire button

• So we have a button that says 'Cancel All' as well as a button that says 'Cancel Ambulances'

Is there any chance we could have a 'Cancel all Fire' button for cases when all that is needed is ambulances. Maybe I'm missing something but I end up just having to Cancel All, then reselecting the Ambos

T. Wise
    Commissioner of Emergency Operations
    South Central PA | MissionChief Alliance
    Serving South Central, PA and Delaware

• This may work, although when multiple ambos are needed, it's usually a building collapse, industrial fire, aircraft crash etc for fire or for police it's a riot or something. It's only for ambulance at the moment because some patients are discharged without transport so you could be sending 15 ambulances to a scene that only needs 10 with 5 enroute

• This may work, although when multiple ambos are needed, it's usually a building collapse, industrial fire, aircraft crash etc for fire or for police it's a riot or something. It's only for ambulance at the moment because some patients are discharged without transport so you could be sending 15 ambulances to a scene that only needs 10 with 5 enroute

I honestly don't think there is any need for work, the functions required are already present...
    If you want an automatic back alarm of your ambulances, go premium and use the automatic back alarm for ambulances.

• I honestly don't think there is any need for work, they functions required are already present...If you want an automatic back alarm of your ambulances, go premium and use the automatic back alarm for ambulances.

What?? We are referring to when Ambos are needed, but not fire apparatuses.

T. Wise

• I’ll be honest I’m not sure I really understand the need for this feature. All mass casualty incidents in game require other units either fire police. All the others are either small medical missions which have less than 4 patients and don’t require too many additional units (or non at all) or missions that require other types of units to be completed.

I just think there are more important updates than this and I personally can’t see the benefit.

• I’ll be honest I’m not sure I really understand the need for this feature. All mass casualty incidents in game require other units either fire police. All the others are either small medical missions which have less than 4 patients and don’t require too many additional units (or non at all) or missions that require other types of units to be completed.

I just think there are more important updates than this and I personally can’t see the benefit.

Some valid points, completely agree with this. Like I said in my original reply to this thread - I find no benefit of having such a feature, as personally I don't see any missions it could actually be useful for?

• Some valid points, completely agree with this. Like I said in my original reply to this thread - I find no benefit of having such a feature, as personally I don't see any missions it could actually be useful for?

So I'll revive this thread a bit, but I'll give you an example:

You get a Truck in a House Wall that originally has no patients listed. So you dispatch the required units, not including the ambulance since there is no need for it. However, once the call is just about completed, the patients pop up. By the time that the ambulance(s) arrive, the call is completed minus the patient treatment and transport(s). Instead of cancelling all units then redispatching the ambulance(s), I would find it beneficial to have an option to simply cancelling the fire/police apparatuses.

With the option to cancel ambulances, I think we should also have one for fire and/or police as well. I'm not disputing whether or not its an important update, but rather one that many might benefit from.

T. Wise

• So I'll revive this thread a bit, but I'll give you an example:
    You get a Truck in a House Wall that originally has no patients listed. So you dispatch the required units, not including the ambulance since there is no need for it. However, once the call is just about completed, the patients pop up. By the time that the ambulance(s) arrive, the call is completed minus the patient treatment and transport(s). Instead of cancelling all units then redispatching the ambulance(s), I would find it beneficial to have an option to simply cancelling the fire/police apparatuses.

With the option to cancel ambulances, I think we should also have one for fire and/or police as well. I'm not disputing whether or not its an important update, but rather one that many might benefit from.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain any possible patients show up once the first unit arrives on scene? I don't think I have ever experienced patients showing up just before the call is completed... :D

• I’m a bit confused though. Let’s take the car in the water. I don’t know if a scene where the fire and police will leave the scene before the ambulance. Is this what you are saying that to cancel all fire and police buttons as well.

• I’m a bit confused though. Let’s take the car in the water. I don’t know if a scene where the fire and police will leave the scene before the ambulance. Is this what you are saying that to cancel all fire and police buttons as well.

So, this one tears me in half a little. On the one hand, yes, from a realism point of view it makes no sense, but when the ability to do this is already there, it makes no sense to make the 'feature' (standing down units with patients waiting for pickup) less accessible.

It sounds crazy, but maybe concrete solution here would be to make sure that all resources had to stay in place even when the timer has been depleted and the patients have been removed. This is a little over to the realism side of things but it's a potential solution.

• For me, the realism is definitely there where units get stood down en route or on scene. In fire dispatch, we often send trucks responding to a scene back to their station when the call is of a minor nature, but some calls, it's only determined minor after a few minutes, so units are being released before the call is completed. This happens for expansion down missions, where a Rollover turns into a regular MVA or something, where units may be on scene and not be needed any more. It's much quicker to take them down in one fell swoop than one at a time. As more expansions are added, making calls more and more minor, this makes sense to add.

Another call that comes to mind where units being released could be beneficial is the Active shooter. Once the police are done, that's when the patients appear, but this means that I've got one helicopter and 4 SWAT units (maybe more) tied up waiting for the paramedics to clear the patients.

A different solution would be a cancel select option, similar to how we dispatch units. Select the units you want cancelled (en route or on scene) and cancel them, so we'd have a cancel all, cancel ambulances and cancel selected buttons. That's the best solution in my head

I play in SoCal, North East Avalon in Newfoundland, and lately been trying out Toronto, because, why not?

I also make graphics for all my stations and areas. Interested? Hit me up, I might be able to help you out

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!