Cancel off Fire button

• For me, the realism is definitely there where units get stood down en route or on scene. In fire dispatch, we often send trucks responding to a scene back to their station when the call is of a minor nature, but some calls, it's only determined minor after a few minutes, so units are being released before the call is completed. This happens for expansion down missions, where a Rollover turns into a regular MVA or something, where units may be on scene and not be needed any more. It's much quicker to take them down in one fell swoop than one at a time. As more expansions are added, making calls more and more minor, this makes sense to add.

Another call that comes to mind where units being released could be beneficial is the Active shooter. Once the police are done, that's when the patients appear, but this means that I've got one helicopter and 4 SWAT units (maybe more) tied up waiting for the paramedics to clear the patients.

A different solution would be a cancel select option, similar to how we dispatch units. Select the units you want cancelled (en route or on scene) and cancel them, so we'd have a cancel all, cancel ambulances and cancel selected buttons. That's the best solution in my head

So you've picked up on cancelling on route, which is realistic and through the current system is perfectly doable. I haven't, however, found a situation where I've needed to bulk downgrade, only a few specific units at most, there is no mission that significantly downgrades in the game.

Downgrading resources from a scene is not realistic. When units arrive on scene they are actively dealing with the situation in front of them, and until the task is finished or suitable resources can replace them, there is no standing down. Using your example, at an active shooter scene, the police will actually be around for a lot longer than the paramedics. When a fire engine turns up at an MVA, they may well have to do some serious unpacking to carry out an extraction. Until the patient is in the back of an ambulance, they have to wait. You cannot leave a patient by the side of the road waiting for the ambulance to come along.

I hope this has put this into a different perspective and helps understand why I have this position on the topic.

• If something like that could not be considered, I understand completely. I know that the world "realism" came up. While I do agree a scene that once required police or fire units might require those respective units to remain on scene until EMS clears up, I have to take realism with a grain of salt, so to speak.

I have over many stations spanning between 3 counties here in the state of Pennsylvania. In real life, the units don't handle nearly the amount of call, nor the frequency of them that the game gives. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this feature, after all it's what keeps the game going. But on that same token, referencing back to the Active Shooter example, rarely does it happen that two Active Shooter events occur in the same county at the same time. I think it would make things a heck of a lot easier if I could cancel those units to deal with the second Active Shooter event. I do acknowledge that a sense of realism must be applied to the aspects of this game, however I feel that there is a difference between realism, and helping with the practicality.

T. Wise
    Commissioner of Emergency Operations
    South Central PA | MissionChief Alliance
    Serving South Central, PA and Delaware

• If something like that could not be considered, I understand completely. I know that the world "realism" came up. While I do agree a scene that once required police or fire units might require those respective units to remain on scene until EMS clears up, I have to take realism with a grain of salt, so to speak.

I have over many stations spanning between 3 counties here in the state of Pennsylvania. In real life, the units don't handle nearly the amount of call, nor the frequency of them that the game gives. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this feature, after all it's what keeps the game going. But on that same token, referencing back to the Active Shooter example, rarely does it happen that two Active Shooter events occur in the same county at the same time. I think it would make things a heck of a lot easier if I could cancel those units to deal with the second Active Shooter event. I do acknowledge that a sense of realism must be applied to the aspects of this game, however I feel that there is a difference between realism, and helping with the practicality.

I totally agree with you that realism has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Especially when discussing this game. I don't want to be against this suggestion, however when the point of realism is used in a completely wrong way, it has to be corrected.

• I totally agree with you that realism has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Especially when discussing this game. I don't want to be against this suggestion, however when the point of realism is used in a completely wrong way, it has to be corrected.

I agree. It was not my intention to start an argument or debate, rather suggest something that may help users improve the functionality of the game.

T. Wise
    Commissioner of Emergency Operations
    South Central PA | MissionChief Alliance
    Serving South Central, PA and Delaware

• I see where the creator of this thread is coming from, I have this same issue, while I like to keep a realism concept while I play many times I end up with calls requiring fire and police units and I don't have any available because they are sitting at calls that have ambulances required and no longer require the police or fire units. This would be a very convenient feature instead of having to go through and individually clear either the amount of units required or all the units on scene that are no longer needed instead of only having the cancel all ambulances button. This could also be implemented for fly cars too, seeing as they aren't counted as ambulances even though when being dispatched they fall under the ambulance tab.

• Can a moderator close this topic please? Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!