Post locations

• which ideas do you like? 14

1. EMS POI (2) 14%
    2. POLICE POI (2) 14%
    3. POLICE/EMS POI (5) 36%
    4. Post's for patrol cars and ambulances (6) 43%
    5. All of the above (9) 64%

new idea of Post Locations its basically the same as patrol except you can set a unit to be posted in one spot, so i can other have a ambulance posted in a spot on the map, or have it patrol a large area.
    i think having post locations we could set would be great, where i live american medical response has "posts" all over the cities here, they just stay at the post parked somehwere waiting for a call.

so with that idea an add on could be where ever you have posts set you can also get calls in that spot, because the way the game is now i cant play realistically, i have 15 ambulances in my ambulance station (AMR) i have them patrol the city parts but obviously only calls spawn near the station which isnt fun.

creating posts, (so same as patrol but not moving) and make a "EMS POI" that when set ems calls will spawn in a radius around that poi. this would make the game much better for people that have units on patrol/posted. and same for police calls, make p

currently police and ambulances patroling is kinda pointless cause calls dont spawn near there posts/patrol spots.

so basically im asking for:

1. posts, just idle patrol, they sit in one place waiting for a call instead of driving a patrol route, this is a simple update that can be added.
    2. "EMS POI", when set ems calls will spawn in a radius around these poi's, so if an ambulance is posted and a ems poi is where that post is they can get calls in that area.
    3. "POLICE POI", when set police calls will spawn in a radius around these poi's, so if an patrol car is posted/patrolling and a ems poi is where that post/patrol area is they can get calls in that area.
    4. "POLICE/EMS POI" : this POI is just like the other two except when set police or ems calls will spawn where this poi is set.

these features would be great cause in real life fire stations are already placed all around, but most cities have just one police station and units patroling/posted in parts of the rest of the city,
    and same for people who use ambulance companies where they live, one building sends out ambulances to posts all around in the nearby areas 24/7 ready for 911 calls.

• And these features wouldn't make it any easier for players to make money and "cheat" the game, it would just make it more fun and realistic :)
    a post is the exact same as patrol but just idel unit, not driving a patrol route, and the pois would just allow calls to spawn in a radius around thos poi's so the patrol/post feature would be more useful and realistic.

• Your idea is essentially the existing staging areas. In its essence it creates multiple Police or EMS stations without having to pay for them. The reason we only get one staging area per 24 hours is to prevent players from “camping out” in one area all the time and cherry-picking missions, and the points ability to spawn calls is concerning.

• Not a necessary feature in my view. Your first sentence had me thinking - 'hey isn't that already available as a staging area?'

While it has been brought up though... My city area has ambulance stations all over the place, so no need for 'ems patrols'. Do such patrols actually exist in other parts of the world? Would be interesting to know what cities/countries operate like that :thumbup:

• Your idea is essentially the existing staging areas. In its essence it creates multiple Police or EMS stations without having to pay for them. The reason we only get one staging area per 24 hours is to prevent players from “camping out” in one area all the time and cherry-picking missions, and the points ability to spawn calls is concerning.

Disregarding the extra call radius, I do think he's onto something. I've also never seen the advantage of camping out certain areas, my high rewarding calls will generally spawn anywhere within my setup, and due to the extra time and resources they take, they balance out rather well with the smaller calls. Furthermore with the ability to add 40 vehicles to a station, we can easily swamp a call with one stations worth of vehicles in one go. I really don't think that should be a consideration against the idea, although, that's being made from my point of view.

• Not a necessary feature in my view. Your first sentence had me thinking - 'hey isn't that already available as a staging area?'

While it has been brought up though... My city area has ambulance stations all over the place, so no need for 'ems patrols'. Do such patrols actually exist in other parts of the world? Would be interesting to know what cities/countries operate like that :thumbup:

Yes in southern california ambulances patrolling/posted are very common. where i live AMR has one main station and 15-20 ambulances are sent out across about 10 cities for 911 calls.

so having a POI that would just have calls spawn in a radius around it same as a station would be alot more fun. and the max number of calls generated would be the same, all it would really do is let people get calls further away from there stations which alot of us want.

no my idea isnt the same as staging areas, its the exact same as patrol. ambulances and police cars can be set on patrol routes, all im asking is that we can have them sit still in a spot instead of driving a route. cause currently if i want one in one spot i have to set a tiny patrol route so it just drives back and fourth.

and as for the calls, im just asking for a POI that would have EMS and/or PD and/or Fire calls spawn around it in a same radius as the stations, all this would do is let people have calls spawn in other areas of the map further from there station, the max calls received would stay the same.
    and maybe if there was a concern for any reason you could make it so those POIs couldnt be set further than 5 miles from a police/fire/ems station.

so i can have my one ambulnce station and mutiple of these pois around it further out then my patroling/posted ambulances can actually get calls in there area they are patrolling. same with PD

• no my idea isnt the same as staging areas, its the exact same as patrol. ambulances and police cars can be set on patrol routes, all im asking is that we can have them sit still in a spot instead of driving a route. cause currently if i want one in one spot i have to set a tiny patrol route so it just drives back and fourth.
    and as for the calls, im just asking for a POI that would have EMS and/or PD and/or Fire calls spawn around it in a same radius as the stations, all this would do is let people have calls spawn in other areas of the map further from there station, the max calls received would stay the same.
    and maybe if there was a concern for any reason you could make it so those POIs couldnt be set further than 5 miles from a police/fire/ems station.

so i can have my one ambulnce station and mutiple of these pois around it further out then my patroling/posted ambulances can actually get calls in there area they are patrolling. same with PD

The obvious issue presented is the spawning of calls, this is far too open to exploitation. What I'd like to see on this note which may be easier to achieve is the ability to set a patrol route with only one patrol stop, in essence holding a unit at one particular location and therefore performing half the function that's requested.

• The obvious issue presented is the spawning of calls, this is far too open to exploitation. What I'd like to see on this note which may be easier to achieve is the ability to set a patrol route with only one patrol stop, in essence holding a unit at one particular location and therefore performing half the function that's requested.

i am curious as to how it would be open to exploitation?

the maximum number of calls generated for a player would be the same, literally all it would do is let calls spawn further than a players station. alot of players want calls to be spread further out and this is an easy fix for that, reall it would make the game a little more difficult for players who like a challenge and want to have calls in a wider area and it would also make the game more realistic, whats the point of having police and EMS able to patrol if calls cant spawn where they are patrolling and only spawn close to the station?

• i am curious as to how it would be open to exploitation?
    the maximum number of calls generated for a player would be the same, literally all it would do is let calls spawn further than a players station. alot of players want calls to be spread further out and this is an easy fix for that, reall it would make the game a little more difficult for players who like a challenge and want to have calls in a wider area and it would also make the game more realistic, whats the point of having police and EMS able to patrol if calls cant spawn where they are patrolling and only spawn close to the station?

While it could be used to get calls further away, this could also be exploited to focus calls in a smaller area, this is something the developer has gone to some lengths to stop, so another mechanic that may interfere with this may not be the best thing...

• I understand totally but the thing is I and a lot of other players like to play realistically with real buildings, locations, units, etc. but the way the game is now it is difficult to do so, with this feature of poi's that spawn calls around in in a 6 mile radius same as the stations, I would put alot more hours, and possibly money, into the game.
    I want to be able to simulate my local EMS agency.

• I understand totally but the thing is I and a lot of other players like to play realistically with real buildings, locations, units, etc. but the way the game is now it is difficult to do so, with this feature of poi's that spawn calls around in in a 6 mile radius same as the stations, I would put alot more hours, and possibly money, into the game.
    I want to be able to simulate my local EMS agency.

That's noted, however we have had a precedent set a while ago that the majority of players do not play for realism.

It's quite easy to suggest a solution to sort this issue that I've raised, simply prevent the 'patrol point' spawning calls if it's within call distance of another station.

However, the viability of said suggestion with each modification that makes it more complex unfortunately makes it more difficult to implement.

It's all very well telling everyone why you want the update but what's important is getting a functional concept down so it can go further, which is actually what you want.

• "That's noted, however we have had a precedent set a while ago that the majority of players do not play for realism."

If this was a poll on here, that only shows a tiny percentage of people that play the game, they could play realistic. Also, you said "a while ago," this may have changed.

Just wanted to point that out.

• "That's noted, however we have had a precedent set a while ago that the majority of players do not play for realism."

If this was a poll on here, that only shows a tiny percentage of people that play the game, they could play realistic. Also, you said "a while ago," this may have changed.

Just wanted to point that out.

You raise a good point, one which I raised myself around various other polls, however it's the only poll that has touched upon the subject and therefore the only evidence of how players use the game.

It's very easy to attack evidence but it would be nice to provide a solution, rather than muddying the waters even further.

• FDNY EMS uses their ambulances in staging areas. They are assigned an intersection within their assigned cover area and they go there and sit and wait for a call to come through. Having another option to allow units to sit rather than patrol is something I believe is being discussed or suggested?

Is it possible to create another patrol option where we can set a POI and the unit will drive and wait there til we dispatch them to call closest to them? A staging area would be nice where its doesn't have a time limit. Create a POI option where it can be used constantly without time restriction and the option to delete it when we want?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!