Post locations

• You raise a good point, one which I raised myself around various other polls, however it's the only poll that has touched upon the subject and therefore the only evidence of how players use the game.
    It's very easy to attack evidence but it would be nice to provide a solution, rather than muddying the waters even further.

Yes and also maybe the reason players in that poll don,t play realistically is because they simple cannot. like me for example, i want to play realistically but the way the game is now i cannot.

• FDNY EMS uses their ambulances in staging areas. They are assigned an intersection within their assigned cover area and they go there and sit and wait for a call to come through. Having another option to allow units to sit rather than patrol is something I believe is being discussed or suggested?

Is it possible to create another patrol option where we can set a POI and the unit will drive and wait there til we dispatch them to call closest to them? A staging area would be nice where its doesn't have a time limit. Create a POI option where it can be used constantly without time restriction and the option to delete it when we want?

Yes they basically exactly what i mean when i was talking about "posts"

where i live ambulances get a "post" at an intersection and they sit near it waiting for a call, so i was asking if they can make it so we can set a patrol that sits still so a post. because currently you cannot set a patrol route unit idle in one spot that have to move at least between two point.

That is also why i brought up making a poi that when set calls spawn within a certain radius as it (same radius as stations). because currently if i have an ambulance posted at an intersection it is useless cause i cant get a call near that intersection without a ems station there, which does not allow me to play realistically.
    in my area of san bernardino county CA, american medical response has a main headquarters and they send around 20 ambulances out 24/7 posted at intersections all over across 10 cities, so they are all spread out. so what id like to do is have a poi i can set near each spot(city) i have an ambulance posted near so they can actually get a call.

and same with police, most cities have one police station and units spread out and patrol. but whats the point of having units being able to patrol if they wont even get a call in the area they are patrolling.

• FDNY EMS uses their ambulances in staging areas. They are assigned an intersection within their assigned cover area and they go there and sit and wait for a call to come through. Having another option to allow units to sit rather than patrol is something I believe is being discussed or suggested?

Is it possible to create another patrol option where we can set a POI and the unit will drive and wait there til we dispatch them to call closest to them? A staging area would be nice where its doesn't have a time limit. Create a POI option where it can be used constantly without time restriction and the option to delete it when we want?

I'd rather see it done through the patrol option, currently a patrol cannot have less than 2 points but if this would be changed to 1 then in theory, the vehicle would stay in one location. I'd like to see the most viable option presented by the developer as that'll ultimately be the method that'll have to be used.

• I'd rather see it done through the patrol option, currently a patrol cannot have less than 2 points but if this would be changed to 1 then in theory, the vehicle would stay in one location. I'd like to see the most viable option presented by the developer as that'll ultimately be the method that'll have to be used.

Yea me181,
    That’s exactly what I meant, set a patrol route where it can sit still and just be “posted” in a spot. And moving units are on “patrol”
    It’s an easy feature just allow us to set a patrol with 1 point.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!