Brush Trucks for incidents

• Wanted to make a suggestion on some of the scenarios for calls coded as "grass fire, little field fire, large field fire" etc. In looking at the run card for these and the requested apparatus, I see numerous engines required on these. While bringing water and firefighters, typical engines in these scenarios are not practical. Have you thought about adding a new vehicle such as a brush truck? 4x4 pickups that are staffed typically with a max of 3 firefighters that have a skid unit/pump in the bed and ~150-300 gallons of water. Smaller costing unit that definitely has its place in the fire service on these runs. 5000 credits or so to purchase.

• Wanted to make a suggestion on some of the scenarios for calls coded as "grass fire, little field fire, large field fire" etc. In looking at the run card for these and the requested apparatus, I see numerous engines required on these. While bringing water and firefighters, typical engines in these scenarios are not practical. Have you thought about adding a new vehicle such as a brush truck? 4x4 pickups that are staffed typically with a max of 3 firefighters that have a skid unit/pump in the bed and ~150-300 gallons of water. Smaller costing unit that definitely has its place in the fire service on these runs. 5000 credits or so to purchase.

Funnily enough, they have been requested. However, not every setup has brush trucks and can still tackle these fires. The universality that the current system gives is rather beneficial to all, however that said, I do agree that some sort of forest/brush fire system should be conceived.

• Just a thought. What about replacing the Utility Unit with this. We, and many around utilize these brush trucks for those off road fires, people movers when more manpower requested, and to haul our rescue boats and equipment. Something versatile that could be solo or paired with something.

Love the game, still trying to build more up and figure all of this out. The forum has been great, just a lot of information to delve into. Trying to help as i can.

• From another recent post I made, The Brush Truck was one of many units suggested for a Brush Update.

I'd keep both Utility and Brush Units as they serve a different purpose.

• Brush trucks will happen. They will be new units and will be implemented in a way that will work for all. At the moment they aren’t being worked on due to other updates but it will be one of the next large updates.

• Interesting you mention the 'pickups' - us Aussies call them utes ;)

There are hundreds of them across Australia, either single or dual cab setup. The average water capacity on them is small compared to the actual trucks (usually around 500L), so maybe that should be taken into account for mission speed? They'll run out of water fairly quickly (unless there is a resupply source)?

While I'm replying to this... Thought I'd clear something up:
    Are 'brush trucks' actual trucks that are designed for offroad environments? Or are they the pickup type vehicles that were mentioned above? ?(

• Are 'brush trucks' actual trucks that are designed for offroad environments? Or are they the pickup type vehicles that were mentioned above?

The way I see them is that they're the utes. Commonly called Light Rural or Quick Response Vehicle.

This is how I see "Brush Trucks":
    "A Quick Response Vehicle (QRV), or Light Rural appliance carries approximately 500 litres of water, is a 4 wheel drive capable vehicle and can be in a single or dual cab arrangement. A Quick Response Vehicle vehicle can also be utilised as a command vehicle, or assist in logistics work.
    A QRV appliance is particularly well suited to steep areas, where access may be via narrow roads, driveways or fire tracks, and is used predominately for combating grass, scrub and bushfires. A QRV will generally be under 5 tonnes for this type of appliance." - From www.fire-brigade.asn.au

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!