Use of platform trucks

• Thought it was time to raise this...

Could the requirements for platform trucks for certain missions be reconsidered? In my opinion, there are some missions that strangely require platform trucks. I'm not sure if it is simply how things are in the United States... But for other places in the world, I doubt they use them so often.

For example - 'mva rollover' and 'serious accident involving a bus' missions both require a platform truck. And I'm sure there are a few more too :huh:

So what I'm suggesting is... Could the missions above and any other similar ones which also require a platform truck be looked at? Removing/substituting the platform truck requirement could really help those who are based somewhere where they don't have access to so many!

My setup for example has/will soon have 9 platform trucks/quints covering a land area of nearly the same size as California, Nevada and Arizona combined! So at times, it can be a real struggle sending the vehicles to normal high rise fires etc while missions like those above pop up... :thumbsup:

• In the US, our Ladder Companies are usually set up as combination ladder-rescue trucks. Ladders usually carry extrication equipment for MVAs in order to help supplement Rescue Companies, so it makes sense for platforms to be required on serious accidents. I do see your point though. It's times like this when I wish there was a European version of the game too lol

• This is something that can be looked into but an option will have to be a compromise between the two. The chances of getting another version of this game are slim to none as there are already 3. Perhaps different levels of rescue or something.

• In the US, our Ladder Companies are usually set up as combination ladder-rescue trucks. Ladders usually carry extrication equipment for MVAs in order to help supplement Rescue Companies, so it makes sense for platforms to be required on serious accidents. I do see your point though. It's times like this when I wish there was a European version of the game too lol

For us in the United States, being able to use the platform or quint as a rescue would take care of the issue, I think. Therefore, they can remove the requirement for the rest but we can still send the resource to satisfy the rescue requirement and the realistic aspect.

• This is something that can be looked into but an option will have to be a compromise between the two. The chances of getting another version of this game are slim to none as there are already 3. Perhaps different levels of rescue or something.

I definitely like the idea of different levels of rescue, as then certain MVAs could be Medium Rescue and have Ladders satisfy, and more serious calls require a Heavy Rescue.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!