Rural and urban mapping tools

• A thing you could do in the meantime is I’m not sure what type of fire trucks are used where there are no platform trucks but i know some parts of Australia use similar vehicles to the UK. You could put quints as fire engines with 13.5M ladders

• Taking one example of limited resources:

Suffolk Fire and Rescue has an ALP (platform) and a CARP (quint)
    Suffolk has 35 station for an area of 1,500 sq miles. Most of this is rural (small villages, fields etc.) but there are a couple of large towns.

Some calls - e.g. High rise etc. require 4 platforms.

Firstly, a high rise fire in a field is highly unrealistic, and secondly, Suffolk wouldn't have the capability to send 4 platforms, as it only has 2!

This is not unusual for the UK. Many services only have 2 or 3, and some only have a solitary platform, making some calls completely unable to be answered.

• Yeah it is a stretch but you have to remember the missions are for North American responses to high rise incidents. The only place in the UK that would be similar is London. This doesn’t make it easy but people seem to moan that there are not enough PT’s assigned to missions and then others it is the complete opposite. This makes balancing them very difficult.

• As I said when I replied. Doing this would have to put everything else on hold and because of this there has to be overwhelming support. The front page getting liked does not demonstrate to me that people support putting updates on hold. They need to reply to this comment to either show that they are for or against this.

Them liking the front page only shows that they like the idea not that they want it straight away.

• As I said when I replied. Doing this would have to put everything else on hold and because of this there has to be overwhelming support. The front page getting liked does not demonstrate to me that people support putting updates on hold. They need to reply to this comment to either show that they are for or against this.

Them liking the front page only shows that they like the idea not that they want it straight away.

Exactly why I suggested a poll... :D The initial post shows there is interest, but we need to see if people would in fact be willing to put other things on hold for this to be implemented, if they would want it soon or a little down the track etc.

If we can show that there is enough support behind it to make it the priority (through polling), then that is when we go into the finer details!

• Would players like us to hold off on future updates whilst a system for categorising stations and missions into different environments such as urban, rural etc happens? 25

1. Yes (13) 52%
    2. No (12) 48%

Please note that this is only in theory. The Dev may not wish to prioritise this update in which case this will be put to the back of the queue. I would also remind players of what the current plan is so they can accurately decide. Coming up we have a final EMS update and then we are taking a break from EMS for a while to bring some more exciting content.

• Maybe later on we can have this worked on but right now there are still other updates that have been talked about for a while.

While I do agree that some missions would be better and more City Regional areas and some better in rural areas I don't really see this as a major priority even though some of my stations themselves are in rural areas too. But this is just my personal opinion would like to hear what anybody else has to say.

• Maybe later on we can have this worked on but right now there are still other updates that have been talked about for a while.

While I do agree that some missions would be better and more City Regional areas and some better in rural areas I don't really see this as a major priority even though some of my stations themselves are in rural areas too. But this is just my personal opinion would like to hear what anybody else has to say.

I agree. right now I feel the game just needs more content. While this idea is fantastic and would be helpful to many players, I feel content is more important. As rescuenut93 said, there are still other updates that have been talked about for a while. For example, the EMS update.

• I agree. right now I feel the game just needs more content. While this idea is fantastic and would be helpful to many players, I feel content is more important. As rescuenut93 said, there are still other updates that have been talked about for a while. For example, the EMS update.

Exactly!, As a player I feel the next update to be worked on after EMS should be Wildland.

Brush Trucks, Pumper Tankers, Bulldozers, Fire Helicopters, S.E.A.T.'s & Larger Air Tankers have been something that has been talked about for quite a while now.

• Just an idea. With the up coming wildfire update, this could be utilised well to make sure that wildfire missions don't spawn in the city.

Wild fire will most likely be done by a station expansion like airport. This update would have to be separately but as I said the dev might not even want to work on this update so we may end up waiting on wildfire if it relys on this

• Good Idea! I have no water tankers, and I try to be realistic, so now I have to turn foam trucks into water tankers for the city of pittsburgh.

Please don’t bump old threads as it just helps keep the more recent ones at the top. It is likely though that brush stuff will be done via a new brush station as well as an expansion for existing stations

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!