Too many calls requiring unrealistic units for that area

• I think the Water Tender aka Water tanker is needed on to many calls like fire in hospital and small aircraft down. Now i can see it being used in a rural area like in real life but when i have a fire in downtown LA requiring a WT and the closest WT is 30 minutes away i think that's a little unrealistic. The idea of Tender engines (which i have been told "would make the game too easy") would not be added even though there is these missions requiring for us to have unrealistic units posted in areas that don't need tenders due to having the hydrants. Now for calls requiring so many ladder trucks like a partial building collapse I dont really have a problem with that, but when it happens in Malibu which mind you this area only have 1 truck Quint 125 i have to ether request mutual aid from LAFD or Ventura County Fire or wait the 30 minutes for a Quint from one of the other stations. It would be nice to edit the mission to what would be required for calls like take away a ladder and replace it with a rescue. I know a lot of departments use their rescues as truck companies on fires or other incidents. I believe the addition of ALS and BLS type 1 and rescues engines would be great for the game after the addition of the EMS rescues, which can be used for ALS squads.

• the game is not fun when you have to wait for rigs to come from across the city because you dont want to have unrealistic stations. Now what i see it as is ether we need to figure out a solution so people can play realistic or just give us more trucks that can handle these calls with out having to put in more trucks at a station.

• the game is not fun when you have to wait for rigs to come from across the city because you dont want to have unrealistic stations. Now what i see it as is ether we need to figure out a solution so people can play realistic or just give us more trucks that can handle these calls with out having to put in more trucks at a station.

I find fault in every thing that's just been stated.

The game is fun, it's not fun for yourself as your limiting how you play. This is a problem for you to sort out, not the game. I suggest you either accept you're not going to be able to reign in the points as much while keeping a 'realistic capacity' or reset your own limits.

• I find your statement illogical. I want the game to be fun and realistic now the game will never be that way yes i have fun sometimes then i get stupid calls like medical emergencies on crane in the middle of nowhere. Before i hit 5 million the game was very frustrating because i only have one rescue in my department so i had to get a second one and then i would have three of those and two partial building collapse. Now back when there was no Rescue engines and Quints the game was a challenge and i think i had something like 5-7 utilites and rescues for 25 stations. Now you might play different then i do which I'm guessing you do you might play unrealistic or what ever you do, but I like to attempt to play fairly realistic. I have gotten people to build around my weak areas and give me MA for calls. I know we could argue about this all day. all I really wanted was some balance for calls so if i don't have the truck i could switch it to having a extra rescue in place or if i didn't have the Water tanker replace that with another engine. pretty much having a switch thing that you can only change that one thing ether you can have that truck or add another rescue

• I find your statement illogical. I want the game to be fun and realistic now the game will never be that way yes i have fun sometimes then i get stupid calls like medical emergencies on crane in the middle of nowhere. Before i hit 5 million the game was very frustrating because i only have one rescue in my department so i had to get a second one and then i would have three of those and two partial building collapse. Now back when there was no Rescue engines and Quints the game was a challenge and i think i had something like 5-7 utilites and rescues for 25 stations. Now you might play different then i do which I'm guessing you do you might play unrealistic or what ever you do, but I like to attempt to play fairly realistic. I have gotten people to build around my weak areas and give me MA for calls. I know we could argue about this all day. all I really wanted was some balance for calls so if i don't have the truck i could switch it to having a extra rescue in place or if i didn't have the Water tanker replace that with another engine. pretty much having a switch thing that you can only change that one thing ether you can have that truck or add another rescue

Funnily enough, you find it illogical, but yet we agree that a game is different to real life.

Enabling the swapping out of vehicles would be a massive opportunity for those who want to exploit the game, to do so. You'd be able to send only one type of resource to the scene and complete each and every call, all in the name of 'realism.'

The game has to be balanced for everyone as there is a competitive aspect. Don't expect the game to be revolving around you setup.

• no what i am saying that you can replace that second truck with a rescue. like when you want to select your gender you can pick one or the other and would be for that one unit and only that one unit. I think for the more specialty units. think about this so rl truck companies do extrication's and such right so you should be able to switch the rescue to a truck and vice versa this way the player's who do not have those type of resources can replace them with units that they do have. now sure it could be exploited, but the game is already exploited. So truly i think we should have new units like tender engines and rescue ladders which would help with that one problem. but the being able to edit calls is the thing that should be fixed or at least paying to edit the call or if you have a premium account. This way it will be less likely exploited.

• no what i am saying that you can replace that second truck with a rescue. like when you want to select your gender you can pick one or the other and would be for that one unit and only that one unit. I think for the more specialty units. think about this so rl truck companies do extrication's and such right so you should be able to switch the rescue to a truck and vice versa this way the player's who do not have those type of resources can replace them with units that they do have. now sure it could be exploited, but the game is already exploited. So truly i think we should have new units like tender engines and rescue ladders which would help with that one problem. but the being able to edit calls is the thing that should be fixed or at least paying to edit the call or if you have a premium account. This way it will be less likely exploited.

Summary of this:
    Oh look, there's a problem, let's make it worse.

How is the game exploited already then? Give some examples. (Not including people cramming stations unrealistically, as that's perfectly within their rights)

I don't agree with swapping tools on a job either. If a a Mobile Air vehicle turns up when a water tanker is required, it's not going to be so good. I appreciate it may not reasonable to have a water tanker in every situation, like if a hydrant may be right next to the scene, but then a bit of imagination can be used.

• one exploit i know of is the using multiple accounts to get coins. Now im not saying swap the tender with a air unit im saying swap it with an engine because realistically, according to the NFPA any thing over 1000 gallons can be classified as a tender. Now with that being said i think the thought of engine tenders would be a good addition along with ALS and BLS engines and rescue engines and ALS and BLS ladders and quints. but the switching of trucks like the rescue and ladder for certain calls makes sense. This should be up to the players desecration. Honestly if your so worried about somebody getting a few more credits by exploiting it then there should be some rules on that as well right? things should be changed so it does make the game more realistic but also does not give some dishonest people the opportunity to cheat

• Using multiple accounts to gain coins is something that isn't worthwhile since the player who was invited must achieve a certain level before coins are awarded, this loss of time outweighs any benefit in coins.

Again, you're applying rules, that only apply to your area, to the whole game, to benefit your setup. These shouldn't apply to everybody. Keep this in mind when stating these examples.

I'm not worried about a few credits here, you're suggesting an overhaul to the mission system which isn't in keeping with how the game works, this will affect balance, something that shouldn't be messed with.

Combination units are their own topic which have been thoroughly discussed.

There are no new solutions that have been presented here. Only ideas which haven't been thought through. Please stop recycling what you've said before cause it's making less and less sense each time.

• I'm pretty sure you dont understand how the whole multiple account works. Now the other thing is that the whole system is so close minded to a solution on how to make the game more realistic. Now you do seem like a close minded person to the whole idea the game has major issues and does screw over a lot of players on how they play the game. IF those issues were addressed and not new missions that make the game more inaccurate, but that what happens.

• I'm pretty sure i did, but you didn't like them. I would like the idea of being able to shut off calls but then you would say that can be exploited and just turning on large scale calls. That is true, but that is what would help with the problem. I would like lots of medicals and traffic collisions not building collapses and fires every 20 seconds. So by all means if you have any ideas bring them to the table maybe we can figure something out.

• Right, some ideas, however I'm still going to be harsh them. We're again going down the route of trying to change stuff that just shouldn't be touched unless there is a comprehensive solution to maintain the crucial balance. It needs to be acknowledged that if one could get less or more of one type of call then things would be open to more exploitation.

The game certainly doesn't replicate the calls anyone gets in their area in real life, this difference between the game and real life has to be accepted, otherwise you are going to be disappointed. I have an idea, take advantage of the challenge that the game brings and enjoy how it forces you to make difficult decisions.

• What about making more calls be tied to POIs that would make it more realistic and that way you would still get the small calls and get the major calls if you get the POIs. The thought of turning off and on calls would be only for larger scale missions and it would be per Dispatch Center that way somebody could not turn off all the missions except for a certain one and it all comes down to the type of player.

• Again, filtering of calls doesn't bode well for balance.
    We've come up with endless versions of the same change, none of which are really any more helpful that the last. We need to take a step back and potentially look at this from a different perspective. Maybe pushing for more viability of the brush updates that add depth rather than make potentially dangerous modifications to what we already know works.

• Editing missions will not be allowed. Custom missions is something that has been brought up several times in the past and it was difficult enough to get custom alliance missions.

Engine Tankers are something we are actively pursuing with the Dev but I’m sure by now everyone knows where he stands on combo vehicles but we will keep trying.

For changing the mission requirements of current missions is also unlikely to happen. I get what your saying about the water tankers but the area you are referring too, or other similar downtown areas such as NYC only make up a small proportion of the areas that are played so it would mean changing stuff for the few but would affect the many. This is why the current water tanker was actually a hose layer when it was first added but a tanker was more common. We do appreciate where you are coming from with it being difficult and that is why with the majority of the new missions Water Tanker, Mobile Air and MCV are being added as a chance rather than a requirement so the mission may actually not need them.

My advice for urban setups (as I do this with my own urban setups which are 100% realistic) is to use other types of units as water tankers etc. For example you could set the helitack tankers and foam units as water tankers.

Please keep it civil and use this forum to debate rather than argue. It’s much more productive.

• I'm pretty sure you dont understand how the whole multiple account works. Now the other thing is that the whole system is so close minded to a solution on how to make the game more realistic. Now you do seem like a close minded person to the whole idea the game has major issues and does screw over a lot of players on how they play the game. IF those issues were addressed and not new missions that make the game more inaccurate, but that what happens.

multiple account are3 forbidden - and done X(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!