Three new missions added today

• Just thought I would provide some feedback... 8)

I've noticed that the credit reward and requirements are identical for all three - the names are simply different. As it's early days, could we have the requirements of the missions changed to avoid repetition, and overuse of platform trucks? As many would know, platform trucks have been at the centre of discussion recently...

Below are my recommended adjustments:

1. Damaged roof - make the requirements 1 engine, 1 heavy rescue.

2. Unsafe cladding - make the requirements 2 engines.

3. Unsafe scaffolding - make the requirements 1 engine, 50% chance of requiring heavy rescue.

I have based these all off residential housing (or similarly sized). These of course are open for discussion, but are purely my suggestions. If they can/will actually be changed is a whole other story :D

• I do like the idea of separating out the missions slightly, however, I still find it appropriate to use platform trucks in all of these situations.

It's also worth noting that the missions can start for players with only 3 stations, putting in all the recommendations will only make them accessible for those with 4. While not much of a difference, it can limit the depth a player has early on in the game.

I'd change these to this to reflect the need in any of the situations:

1. Damaged roof - make the requirements 1 engine, 50% chance of platform truck
    2. Unsafe cladding - make the requirements 2 engines, 50% chance of platform truck
    3. Unsafe scaffolding - make the requirements 1 engine, 50% chance of requiring heavy rescue, 50% chance of platform truck

On the note of claimed overuse of platform trucks, I'd suggest more missions that add to other areas rather than taking away what already has been worked for.

• Interesting that you would suggest the use of platform trucks - different countries must really handle things differently :huh:

If I had complete control, I would have completely removed the need for an engine and platform truck for the damaged roof for example! The reasoning behind that is 95% of the time here, a dedicated rescue truck is actually what responds to damaged roofs etc.

I can understand why you suggest a platform truck for the unsafe cladding is possible though, if you're talking about structures other than houses. A lot of cladding is often found on office buildings from my experience.

But in saying that, I think maybe that should be the only one out of the three with a chance for a platform truck... :thumbup:

Also... I personally think there is enough variation with the starting missions for new players. I don't think that should be a worry.

• Interesting opinions,

The logic behind the use of a platform truck is fact that all 3 missions involve some unsafe working at height, while not appropriate in all situations, there are easily circumstances with each three missions where the presence of a platform truck could be required. This is why all 3 missions should retain the chance of requiring a platform truck.

The missions are kept deliberately vague so they're open to interpretation, I would treat these in the same way. Funnily enough, this helps reduce the chance of players claiming they don't fit with their setup, but nothing is perfect.

• These missions are so low level players have some variety in what they are attending. The chance of all of them requiring a platform truck is 50%. This way it isn’t specific so it could be a low building or a high building.

To make it specific we would have to add about 10 different variants of the missions all with their own POI’s to cover all building types. This is just unfeasible in the game.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!