Allow vehicles to 'hold' at a hospital

• Hi all,

Not sure if the same in US, but over here once a vehicle has left the ambulance station (hub), they will go their first emergency call and transport if neccesary to a hospital or care centre. From there, the ambulance will wait at the hospital for its next call. Would it be possible to get an option to allow this to happen in game? Unless there is a way to do it already

Cheers

Hi, I'm Cameron.
    I cover the operational area of the West Midlands, Guernsey, Jersey, Warwickshire, Staffordshire and the North West.

Chief Operations Manager for AllianceUK.

• Hi all,

Not sure if the same in US, but over here once a vehicle has left the ambulance station (hub), they will go their first emergency call and transport if neccesary to a hospital or care centre. From there, the ambulance will wait at the hospital for its next call. Would it be possible to get an option to allow this to happen in game? Unless there is a way to do it already

Cheers

Here, we don't wait at hospital, only unless there's a specified standby point that the unit will wait at. Vehicles will generally return to station as that's where all facilities for crew are, rather than at hospital. I'd like to see a patrol option with only one point selectable, so it acts like a standby point.

• This would cause absolute chaos if that were the case in my area... :D

We suffer from ramping here - which basically means there is not enough hospital staff to handle an abundance of ambulances at the hospital emergency department at the same time. So, patients are stuck in the back of ambulances with the paramedics until the previous ambulances and patients can be taken care of.

I'd personally like to see a feature where ramping can occur every now and again, as it happens fairly regularly...

• Being able to create a "Post" or hold point with a single point patrol route would satisfy this. When I first began the game, I hoped this was possible but soon learned the patrol route required multiple points to function.

The idea of hospital delays when inundated would also be an interesting topic. Here locally my units usually drop off in about 20-30 minutes but when its busy I can have units delayed for 2-4 hours waiting to drop off a patient.

• Being able to create a "Post" or hold point with a single point patrol route would satisfy this. When I first began the game, I hoped this was possible but soon learned the patrol route required multiple points to function.

The idea of hospital delays when inundated would also be an interesting topic. Here locally my units usually drop off in about 20-30 minutes but when its busy I can have units delayed for 2-4 hours waiting to drop off a patient.

In our case, we're ahead of the game in that respect as we don't allow queues to form, the hospital just closes. I'd take that as being one step ahead of the game.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!