Wildland Fire Forest Service

• Hello everyone I have been following this forum for sometime now and have read many posts. I've notice something that is missing from the game that I myself have already set up alarm and response regulations for Wildland Fire & Forest Services so I figured what the hell why don't i put a complete plan together on how this could work?! so let's get started.

In order to have this work players will need to use the POI to have forest calls respond in the proper area.

A. Types of apparatuses -

1. TYPE 3 - https://www.bmefire.com/apparatus/wildland/type-3/#Features
    2. TYPE 4 - https://www.bmefire.com/apparatus/wildland/type-4/#Features
    3. TYPE 5 -
    4. TYPE 6 - https://www.bmefire.com/apparatus/wildland/type-6/#Features
    5. Crew Carrier - https://www.bmefire.com/appara…d/crew-carriers/#Features
    6. Mobile Command - https://www.flickr.com/photos/planephotoman/8468514135
    7. Incident Commander - https://www.bmefire.com/apparatus/commander/
    8. Firefighting Air Tankers - Should have for water and fire retardent

So as you can see above I have included all apparatuses needed for this section of the game. EMS can be dispatched from local fire stations or either you can build an ems station nearby. However these vehicles should be included in the regular large fire stations and can be dispatch when needed for wildfires.

B. Types of wildland calls

1. Small Wildfire
    2. Medium Wildfire
    3. Large Wildfire
    4. Mountain Rescue
    5. Injured Hiker
    6. Cabin Fire
    7. Missing Hiker
    8. illegal Burning

So i can't think of anything else I hope you all enjoy. Moderators and Sebastian I hope this is something that can be done and will come to us all here soon! I would love to hear everyone's feedback. Thank You All !

• Wildland fire is something that a lot of people want to see added to the game. The problem is it has to be added in a way that works for all players, not just those in California etc. For example if you play in just a city your not going to want wildfire calls and the majority of places don’t have accustomed things like dozers and air tankers. That’s not to say these can’t be added but it has to be done it a way that works for the majority of players.

We also have to consider those who may not be from areas that use type 3-7 brush trucks but are still rural and still deal with brush calls.

Non of this is to say it won’t happen though because I’m sure the majority of rural players would like to see more wildfire related stuff.

Also personnel carriers will be a thing for all 3 services. I just don’t know when.

• With the ability to rename vehicle type, why not just buy a type 2 engine and rename it to 'brush truck'?

That works in the short term but the problem comes with the two main fire fighting vehicles being called Type 1 and Type 2. People then want to see Type 3-7. If they had been called engine and light Pumper it would have been easier to turn that into a brush vehicle.

One thing a wildfire update would end up seeing is a couple of combination vehicles for those that don’t have access to tonnes of wildfire vehicles or may not use any specific vehicles for wildfire and urban firefighting.

• So how are types 3-7 different from lets say the UK equivalent of a Brush truck e.g. Toyota Hilux?

It’s all to do with tank capacity, crew capacity and pumping capacity. Type 3 is quite a large vehicle and can be used as a structural vehicle as well as a brush vehicle so it would be good to have it as a combination vehicle in game.. Type 4 are larger brush vehicles, and Type 5,6 and 7 are pickup truck types (usually).

• So how are types 3-7 different from lets say the UK equivalent of a Brush truck e.g. Toyota Hilux?

It’s all to do with tank capacity, crew capacity and pumping capacity. Type 3 is quite a large vehicle and can be used as a structural vehicle as well as a brush vehicle so it would be good to have it as a combination vehicle in game.. Type 4 are larger brush vehicles, and Type 5,6 and 7 are pickup truck types (usually).

I like the sound of all this but my question is why is the DEV still unsure about when to do this update?

I know he has other updates he wants to do and get that but you would think he would want to do this one as well whenever he could. I'm pretty sure a lot of players would pay to get coins to get their wildfire expansions in if they didn't have the credits to do so. And you have a good point about City players may not want any of this so maybe a wildfire update could go hand-in-hand with a Rural & Urban Mapping Tools?

I like the sound of all this but my question is why is the DEV still unsure about when to do this update?
    I know he has other updates he wants to do and get that but you would think he would want to do this one as well whenever he could. I'm pretty sure a lot of players would pay to get coins to get their wildfire expansions in if they didn't have the credits to do so. And you have a good point about City players may not want any of this so maybe a wildfire update could go hand-in-hand with a Rural & Urban Mapping Tools?

A wild fire update is on the cards but when I don’t know. It could be the next update of it could be 10 updates down the line. The problem is it would be the end of the line if it’s waiting on the mapping tool idea. That idea would take a while to develop and would not only have to change mission chief but it will have to change the other two versions of this game. If I’m honest I see more of a chance of getting brush engines and engine tankers than the mapping feature.

• A wild fire update is on the cards but when I don’t know. It could be the next update of it could be 10 updates down the line. The problem is it would be the end of the line if it’s waiting on the mapping tool idea. That idea would take a while to develop and would not only have to change mission chief but it will have to change the other two versions of this game. If I’m honest I see more of a chance of getting brush engines and engine tankers than the mapping feature.

Sounds like it would be way more complex than anything. I agree with your opinion Brush Trucks and Engine Tankers would work better along with an expansion or whatnot.

Would Ariel Firefighting be included or is that still being talked about?

• Sounds like it would be way more complex than anything. I agree with your opinion Brush Trucks and Engine Tankers would work better along with an expansion or whatnot.
    Would Ariel Firefighting be included or is that still being talked about?

Personally I don’t think you can do a wildfire update justice without aerial firefighting. Obviously there are issues with not having it everywhere but they way I see it is having some kind of benefit so more credits for wildfire calls it’s on or it speeds up the completion time etc

• Personally I don’t think you can do a wildfire update justice without aerial firefighting. Obviously there are issues with not having it everywhere but they way I see it is having some kind of benefit so more credits for wildfire calls it’s on or it speeds up the completion time etc

So if and when aerial firefighting vehicles are brought into the picture, could we have the option to build a small airfield/airstrip for storage?

• So if and when aerial firefighting vehicles are brought into the picture, could we have the option to build a small airfield/airstrip for storage?

It would probably be a similar set up to the current aviation units. So you would buy the fire aviation building, then the vehicle etc

• It would probably be a similar set up to the current aviation units. So you would buy the fire aviation building, then the vehicle etc

My thoughts are we could possibly have two different types of firefighting planes. A smaller single prop unit and a bigger 4 prop unit and that once the hanger is created we could build extensions on it up to three or four bays before having to build a new one. Just like a station expansion it could be 100,000 Credits per bay. As well as a training course for Wildland firefighting which would come along with a Wildland station expansion.

Or ARFF training would be suitable unless that is totally different than Ariel firefighting.

The crews for the planes could be as follows:

Single Engine Ariel Tanker S.E.A.T. - 1 or 2 Crew

4 Prop Air Tanker - 3 or 4 Crew

Also the idea of a Wildland Helicopter with crew of 4 that has a bucket on it sounds good as well

• I agree with how you should have the option to expand to 3 or 4 before having to build another base as such.

ARFF training would be completely different, as they are not trained to fly aircraft. A separate course would be required!

With the aircraft... I agree with the single prop completely. However, anything bigger is not very common I don't think. The occasional service has access to larger planes, but it's not in your average fleet. It could be implemented, just not a requirement for anything.

I definitely think we should have a helicopter of some sort - such as air cranes that are used regularly during fire seasons :thumbup:

• I think that price is nice but it would be a lot more expensive than that to fit in line with the other aviation related items.

Helicopters would definitely be included as they are the most common thing for water drops. Perhaps you could have 3 different types of aircraft with bonuses.

Helicopter: Reduces wildfire call completion time by 10%, give a 10% boost to wildfire mission credits. Costs 1 million

Small firefighting plane: Reduces wildfire call completion time by 20%, give a 20% boost to wildfire mission credits. Costs 1.5 million

Large firefighting plane: Reduces wildfire call completion time by 30%, give a 30% boost to wildfire mission credits. Costs 2 million

• I would like to see that be made possible, fairly universal solution and adds something to the game that isn't itself forced upon players.

• I have already done all this for my US Forest Service Units - T4 = Engine 1, T6 + T7 = Engine 2,ATV´S/UTV´s=Engine 2, Utility as Dozer 450, HRV as Dozer 650, Watertender etc. The staff has been adjusted.
    Unfortunately, it is not quite correct but I have not come up with anything better at the moment

Images

• 371mit.png
    • T4.png
    • T6mit401.png
    • 371mitIST.png
    • ATV341mit.png
    • WT481mit.png
    • ComPmit421112.png
    • 450mit5005.png
    • 650mit401.png
    • 802.png

Edited 2 times, last by Locke12801 ().

• I'm not sure how common it is around the world so feel free to respond, but there are also usually spotter planes that lead the tankers and control air operations almost like a command vehicle does. For larger fires and larger tankers. Helicopters also usually have heli-tenders that are used to create aircraft staging areas in the field and provide fuel and maintenance. Would the aerial firefighting bases be able to have ground vehicles attached as well? A lot of aerial fire fighting bases have a lot of resources stored there due to their large sizes.

• I'm not sure how common it is around the world so feel free to respond, but there are also usually spotter planes that lead the tankers and control air operations almost like a command vehicle does. For larger fires and larger tankers. Helicopters also usually have heli-tenders that are used to create aircraft staging areas in the field and provide fuel and maintenance. Would the aerial firefighting bases be able to have ground vehicles attached as well? A lot of aerial fire fighting bases have a lot of resources stored there due to their large sizes.

Spotter planes are only really used for the larger tankers such as the DC-10 due to them having less visibility. In terms of adding one I don’t think it would make much sense for the game and it may just over complicate things.

Adding vehicles to the buildings would be possible but it would probably only be firefighting vehicles and battalion chiefs rather than hazmat etc. Regarding the heli tenders, these vehicles are just tankers that are permanently assigned to supplying the helicopters so being able to purchase tankers at the heli bases should cover that.

• Spotter planes are only really used for the larger tankers such as the DC-10 due to them having less visibility. In terms of adding one I don’t think it would make much sense for the game and it may just over complicate things.

Interesting... Is that the case with American services? :huh: Not sure about others, but my local service has a number of 'spotter helicopters', which then report back to small single prop planes/air cranes and ground units.

In terms of adding them into the game however, I can't think of how they could actually be used. Maybe someone else can?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!