• Just going to disagree with you there.
    These are just your plain old RRVs, fly car in game.
    You will find LOMs, locality operations managers, which is what I think you're referring to, who will use unmarked vehicles.
    These unmarked vehicles carry everything barring drugs. They aren't therefore able to offer the full treating package of an RRV. Second to that an LOM is there to manage the scene, not treat. While I agree that they can, I feel like just giving them full ALS capability would be overstating their role and in at least this case, their equipment.

Yeah I just called them IRO’s as that was what was on the fleet list but the LOM’s in EEAS use Marked discoveries etc with specific Officer callsigns. I’m not sure if they have a unmarked fleet but they probably do as well.

• And he is right.
    For every Accident with many injured, there is a chief of operations only for EMS personnel. He does not treat patients but takes care of the organizational process. In this case, this is the EMS Chief (Like EMS Division Chiefs in FDNY). He has nothing to do with the conditions officers (Bn), please do not confuse

@TACRfan - I did not want to offend you. I know you are doing a good, difficult job here.It is not meant sarcastically.
    But such a discussion we had a long time ago in the German forum. And this EMS Chief is one answer ( in German play it is the Orgl) - a higl level Paramedic , but no treat patients, but reponsible for Organisation on scene /in LSS we need him on scene with more than 10 Patients.

• There are no current plans to add it as a flycar. Originally it was supposed to but Sebastian felt that players would just buy these and not the actual flycar so he felt although they do it IRL it would be abused in game.

This could be said for multiple other things that serve a dual role in the game. Why by ladders and engines when you can just have quints? Why by boats when you can just have a rescue that does both? While there are some systems that a Supervisor doesn't provide any treatment there are plenty that do.

• This could be said for multiple other things that serve a dual role in the game. Why by ladders and engines when you can just have quints? Why by boats when you can just have a rescue that does both? While there are some systems that a Supervisor doesn't provide any treatment there are plenty that do.

Absolutely and I do understand that. The thing with the combo vehicles is to a degree they are capped for those that do put time into this game where as the EMS Chief is a requirement. I don’t want to push Sebastian to hard on this because we have some good updates that do contain combo vehicles lined up and I want the best shot of getting them added as they are probably the most requested vehicles ever.

• I can see why the DEV doesn't want the EMS Chief to also serve as a paramedic as it would make things much easier in a game perspective. Same with Battalion Chief if it also served as a Utility or Type 2. Some units are just not meant to be implemented as it would make it just too easy.

• I can see why the DEV doesn't want the EMS Chief to also serve as a paramedic as it would make things much easier in a game perspective. Same with Battalion Chief if it also served as a Utility or Type 2. Some units are just not meant to be implemented as it would make it just too easy.

I've not in my experience have ever seen a Fire Command vehicle carry anything but equipment for command and personal gear. Where conversely it's common place for supervisors to have the ability to treat a patient. Especially if the vehicle is a certified EMS vehicle they'd be required to carry equipment that is at the level of their agency's certification and their own.

For example: I'm an EMS Supervisor and Paramedic if I get into my Fly Car which is certified by the State as an ALS Fly Car and I don't have ALS gear than I'm not legally allowed to be in service and respond to incidents.

• I've not in my experience have ever seen a Fire Command vehicle carry anything but equipment for command and personal gear. Where conversely it's common place for supervisors to have the ability to treat a patient. Especially if the vehicle is a certified EMS vehicle they'd be required to carry equipment that is at the level of their agency's certification and their own.
    For example: I'm an EMS Supervisor and Paramedic if I get into my Fly Car which is certified by the State as an ALS Fly Car and I don't have ALS gear than I'm not legally allowed to be in service and respond to incidents.

I get where you're coming from and totally understand this. I'm just coming from a game perspective here. I wouldn't mind if the EMS Chief served as a paramedic but again like it was stated before players would not want to use the fly-car and would result to this unit instead.

And I have seen in my County where a utility vehicle has been used as a command unit and same thing with mini Pumpers. But that's for smaller fire companies though. They used it more like a staging area I should say.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!