Landing Zone

• Good Evening Players I hope you all are having a great weekend! While I was watching a tv show an idea I had in mind I thought would be realistic for us all. As we are able to dispatch a medical helicopter I was thinking how nice it would be if we could on the map pin point a LZ ( Landing Zone ) for a helicopter to come in and pick up the patient rather then it just going straight to the call area. For example realistically if a burn patient needed to be airlifted the helicopter wouldn't land a the fire scene there would be a landing zone setup. Thoughts ??

• So sort of like a Staging Area but instead a pick up point for Med-Evac set by a player right?

• That would be a decent addition. Make it so that after the helicopter leaves, the zone disappears. If that were to be implemented, they should add a helicopter landing pad expansion for hospitals as well, so that HEMS can only bring patients to hospitals that are equipped with heli-pads.

Creator of 'Winnipeg', 'Morden Fire Department' and 'Breast Cancer Awareness (Pink)' graphic packs.
    Alliance: Can-US First Responders (CAFR)

• That would be a decent addition. Make it so that after the helicopter leaves, the zone disappears. If that were to be implemented, they should add a helicopter landing pad expansion for hospitals as well, so that HEMS can only bring patients to hospitals that are equipped with heli-pads.

If we were to implement a Landing Pad at Hospitals (So that HEMS could only land at Pads and not every hospital or UCC) perhaps the game could give you one free Helo Pad Extension on one hospital of your choice - just so you don't spend a tonne of credits or coins on HEMS station and Helo, just to find you cannot transport patients until you buy the Pad too.

• If we were to implement a Landing Pad at Hospitals (So that HEMS could only land at Pads and not every hospital or UCC) perhaps the game could give you one free Helo Pad Extension on one hospital of your choice - just so you don't spend a tonne of credits or coins on HEMS station and Helo, just to find you cannot transport patients until you buy the Pad too.

Perhaps it could be an extension so you get extra credits for dropping patients there but you can still choose any hospital you like. Could be the equivalent of landing in a nearby playing field and getting a road transfer.

• The way my setup is that the actual LZ where my Medevacs land is where my Helo Station is. This would be sweet if we could get some sort of LZ.

Either a hospital extension for Helo transport or an LZ point or even both for that matter depending on your setups. I'm sure hospitals have one or both.

Or say a huge hospital would have 2 to 4 LZ's for Medevacs. Like stated above we could start with one free extension then each one could be 100K up to 4 or so.

• For hospital helipads, this was due to be added as an EMS update but as you all know we are taking a break from that for now. It was going to be a tick box in the hospitals settings that would just allow helicopters to transport to that hospital.

With LZ’s. This would be difficult to implement due to actually tying up the landing zone to the mission. It is currently impossible to create a sub mission form a mission and I’m not sure it would ever be possible with the mission system in its current form.

• So sort of like a Staging Area but instead a pick up point for Med-Evac set by a player right?

That is correct!

That would be a decent addition. Make it so that after the helicopter leaves, the zone disappears. If that were to be implemented, they should add a helicopter landing pad expansion for hospitals as well, so that HEMS can only bring patients to hospitals that are equipped with heli-pads.

Thank you! I agree as well that a landing pad should be added to the hospitals that are equip with a landing -pad.

It would be nice, but add complications to calling in a helicopter process, I'd trust that the in game pilots would determine the correct place to land.

Could you elaborate on your comment please, I'm not following ...... ? Thanks

If we were to implement a Landing Pad at Hospitals (So that HEMS could only land at Pads and not every hospital or UCC) perhaps the game could give you one free Helo Pad Extension on one hospital of your choice - just so you don't spend a tonne of credits or coins on HEMS station and Helo, just to find you cannot transport patients until you buy the Pad too.

Hmmmm this is something to consider as well. I like where you are going with this! ...... Thank you for supporting my idea

The way my setup is that the actual LZ where my Medevacs land is where my Helo Station is. This would be sweet if we could get some sort of LZ.

Either a hospital extension for Helo transport or an LZ point or even both for that matter depending on your setups. I'm sure hospitals have one or both.

Or say a huge hospital would have 2 to 4 LZ's for Medevacs. Like stated above we could start with one free extension then each one could be 100K up to 4 or so.

Great idea! Love the add on. Thanks for supporting my idea

For hospital helipads, this was due to be added as an EMS update but as you all know we are taking a break from that for now. It was going to be a tick box in the hospitals settings that would just allow helicopters to transport to that hospital.

With LZ’s. This would be difficult to implement due to actually tying up the landing zone to the mission. It is currently impossible to create a sub mission form a mission and I’m not sure it would ever be possible with the mission system in its current form.

So you are saying that IF we were to give the option within the game to create a LZ and have an ambulance pick up the patient and transport to the landing zone and then have the helicopter transport to the hospital it would be impossible ???

• So you are saying that IF we were to give the option within the game to create a LZ and have an ambulance pick up the patient and transport to the landing zone and then have the helicopter transport to the hospital it would be impossible ???

Yes that is what i am saying. At this current stage that is not possible. The ambulance has to transport a patient to hospital where the player will then receive credits. It is not possible to transfer a patient from one vehicle to another. This may end up being possible at a later stage but the whole casualty system would need overhauling. Because of this isnt something that would be introduced in the near future.

You can quote multiple people at a time if you just keep clicking quote on the posts you want to quote. Double posting is not allowed as it clutters up the forum. Normally i would just say dont do it again however you have posted six separate posts in a row so i will be issuing a warning and merging the posts.

• Yes that is what i am saying. At this current stage that is not possible. The ambulance has to transport a patient to hospital where the player will then receive credits. It is not possible to transfer a patient from one vehicle to another. This may end up being possible at a later stage but the whole casualty system would need overhauling. Because of this isnt something that would be introduced in the near future.
    You can quote multiple people at a time if you just keep clicking quote on the posts you want to quote. Double posting is not allowed as it clutters up the forum. Normally i would just say dont do it again however you have posted six separate posts in a row so i will be issuing a warning and merging the posts.

Really ??? ... Well my apologies, I wasn't aware of your rules for posting. I also was trying to make sure that I address each person's post respectfully.

• Really ??? ... Well my apologies, I wasn't aware of your rules for posting. I also was trying to make sure that I address each person's post respectfully.

They aren’t my rules, they are the forums rules and most forums have the same or similar rules. Just don’t do it again and your fine. And thank you for addressing them respectfully, it’s not always the case on here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!