• Hey Mods....

Any word on speeding up the helicopters? I sent both to a call from the same staging location. The only difference was direct line of site flight for the helo vs side streets for the ambo. Helos fly at over 130mph. no reason they should ride side by side and ambo on the freeway to the same call lol.

• Why fly car based with the helicopter? That doesn't really make sense, helicopters are for transporting people from long distances away from the care they need. Fly cars are for first response non-transport care (among the other trucks used on rescue calls like Pumpers and Rescues) and for getting a paramedic to a BLS ambulance to provide higher care. They don't really have anything to do with helicopters. Now ATVs I could see it being nice to have as they are for reaching places a chopper or ambulance can't get to and bringing the patient out.

• Probably a UK thing then.

Most, if not all air ambulances have response cars in the UK. On board every helicopter is a doctor who can administer additional medication an ambulance medic can't; this might be essential to stabilise them before transport. It could be the helicopter can't fly because of weather (often bad in the UK), because it can't fly at night (for whatever reason) or because there's no place to land, so rather than the doctor just sit at the base being useless they can deploy by car.

In places like London they can get to the majority of the city within about 10-15 minutes by car.

[Blocked Image: http://www.emergencyservicestimes.com/est_news_2013/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/London-Air-Ambulance-IMG_3726-2.jpg]

What's remarkable is the majority (and again might be all) of these services are all charities.

If it's not something that is expected in America then, being an American based game it probably won't be introduced. The solution would be to build a nearby Ambulance Station at more or less the same location and go from there.

• Ah, I gotcha now. I don't know of such unit in the U.S like that. The FD establishes the LZ, therefore there isn't a need for someone to check the site, because the FD has secured it.

• I would do what you said with the ambulance station if it didnt cost 200K, i cant see much point in me placing down two ambulance stations at both of my Norwich and Cambridge helimeds just for 1 car at each, thats 408K just for two cars.

Another thing that the Air ambulance cars can do is if there is a patient who requires and air ambulance doctor but is near the air ambulances base (5-10 miles) it is cheaper to send the car rather than to send a helicopter. This would only apply to uk based people i think as this program was on Sky 1 but i think it was called Air Ambulance ER and there is one episode where the East Anglian Air Ambulance get a call to a nearby school and instead of taking the heli they take the car instead because it is quicker and cheaper.

• I understand that. I am simply saying, in the U.S. I've never heard of such thing. Here, if the helo isn't able to fly then they are just transported by an ambulance. Emergency Services across the globe operate completely different. It's a learning opportunity for all of us to learn how each operate.

• I understand that. I am simply saying, in the U.S. I've never heard of such thing. Here, if the helo isn't able to fly then they are just transported by an ambulance. Emergency Services across the globe operate completely different. It's a learning opportunity for all of us to learn how each operate.

Yea. The reason they have the chopper crews respond in a car if they cannot respond in the chopper, is the Doctors and Medics on the chopper have higher levels of qualifications so can give stronger medications.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!