More personell on ALS Ambulance

• Likewise ^^ The only time we have 3 staff on an ambulance is if one of them is a paramedic student, OR, there's some weird kind of staff shortage and we've got an odd number of paramedics on shift, they'll stick one on as a third hand.

I play in SoCal, North East Avalon in Newfoundland, and lately been trying out Toronto, because, why not?

I also make graphics for all my stations and areas. Interested? Hit me up, I might be able to help you out

• Honestly staffing for an ambulance is 2 persons, EMT / Paramedic. So the Driver is either EMT-Basic or the passenger is the EMT-Paramedic or EMT-Advanced, It differs on staffing. I have not seen more then that on an ambulance. Well i work on an ambulance mostly nights into mornings.

Captain
    April 14, 2016 02:56
    17,954,548 earned Credits

Ret. Alliance Chief of Fire Operations

• Ah, well to me that's a little different scenario, like a rescue ambulance combo unit, at least how I'd see it. I can't imagine a Lt and two FFs for just medicals, so that unit probably also would respond things that would require a rescue truck as well. We used to do similar to that here, Rescues that can transport people as well and would provide EMS. To me though, the solution to this isn't adding a third seat on ALS ambulances, but making another combo unit, Rescue Ambulance, which couples Rescue and ALS, but that opens another can of worms too. Like what happens when the patient clears before the call is finished, etc.

I play in SoCal, North East Avalon in Newfoundland, and lately been trying out Toronto, because, why not?

I also make graphics for all my stations and areas. Interested? Hit me up, I might be able to help you out

• Ah, well to me that's a little different scenario, like a rescue ambulance combo unit, at least how I'd see it. I can't imagine a Lt and two FFs for just medicals, so that unit probably also would respond things that would require a rescue truck as well. We used to do similar to that here, Rescues that can transport people as well and would provide EMS. To me though, the solution to this isn't adding a third seat on ALS ambulances, but making another combo unit, Rescue Ambulance, which couples Rescue and ALS, but that opens another can of worms too. Like what happens when the patient clears before the call is finished, etc.

No Rescue. That's just what we call the unit names. Instead of Medic or Ambulance, it's Rescue. But it has no extrication capabilities nor being a rolling toolbox. Basically an ambulance with some irons, a couple packs, and bunker gear other than the normal EMS equipment. Personally for MC, I don't mind either way for the staffing of an ambo. Just spreading the info that we tend to be quite weird in Florida :thumbsup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!