Police Vehicles

• On police calls they require a specific amount of patrol cars, and sometimes I will just quickly send the closest unit. But sometimes this will be for example a dog unit or a SWAT unit. What I don't understand is why those vehicles couldn't deal with it. I think it needs to be changed so all police vehicles class as a patrol car as well as their specific unit, because in my eyes a SWAT unit and/or dog unit can do everything a normal unit can and more...

• One other thing to keep in mind, when you say they can do everything a patrol can do and more...is that K-9 (or SWAT if it was implemented) would not be able to transport prisoners. Realistically speaking you wouldn't put a perp in the back with the dog, nor would they be put into the back of an armoured SWAT van.

• One other thing to keep in mind, when you say they can do everything a patrol can do and more...is that K-9 (or SWAT if it was implemented) would not be able to transport prisoners. Realistically speaking you wouldn't put a perp in the back with the dog, nor would they be put into the back of an armored SWAT van.

With the new set ups for Canine officers, many have a one person cage to transport if need be. SWAT is subjective. Obviously you're not transporting suspects in bearcats but SWAT certified officers running unmarkeds would definitely have the ability to transport.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!