A time limit on how long a Ambulance can hold a patient

• I see a issue where someone sends a ambulance to a call and then they have a transport. The person has gone to work or is just away for a extended time. I think that after a idle time another ambulance should be able to take the patient. I've been to calls where there are 5 ambulance and then a 6th is just sitting there with a Red 5 "transport request" and no one can do anything about it. This also holds up closing out incidents. is there anything that can be done to help this issue? I mean there is a call from 2:36pm and it is now 7:30pm and the patient is just stuck there. Plus people cant leave since they will not get credit when it does close out.

• If you're a transport admin within the alliance, you can click on the ambulance holding up the alliance-shared call and cancel the transport - as long as the member is offline.

Hi, I'm Cameron.
    I cover the operational area of the West Midlands, Guernsey, Jersey, Warwickshire, Staffordshire and the North West.

Chief Operations Manager for AllianceUK.

• Otherwise the call will be automatically cancelled after 24 to 48 hours.

In general this is an alliance issue and should be done through the alliance's rules.
    In our german alliance there exists the rule that anybody has to resolve transport requests in the next 30 minutes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!